New Losi dirt bike.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m finding it hilarious that some would drop a G-note on an all plastic RC truck but not $600 on a bike. Some 1.1 bikes cost more than 1.1 cars and trucks. Ask me how I know😂
For me, I just don't know how versatile this thing would be..seems it needs a prepped surface to really impress.. the "$1k plastic rc" runs virtually anywhere..
Also, what does an uber expensive bike do that a standard Japanese can't? 🤷‍♂️

I’m finding it hilarious that some would drop a G-note on an all plastic RC truck but not $600 on a bike. Some 1.1 bikes cost more than 1.1 cars and trucks. Ask me how I know😂

Agreed and this has significantly more complex parts inside and built into a very tight space. (this takes some significant engineering effort)

Key things that stand out to me were:
-Details on the rider and wheels/tires. (much higher quality than any other rc bike seen before)
-The flywheel spin up
-The cable pull brakes
-Advanced stabilization tuning in the radio system.
-Flex built into the front forks to keep them from bending and likely doubles as a servo saver in some scenarios

Agreed and this has significantly more complex parts inside and built into a very tight space. (this takes some significant engineering effort)

Key things that stand out to me were:
-Details on the rider and wheels/tires. (much higher quality than any other rc bike seen before)
-The flywheel spin up
-The cable pull brakes
-Advanced stabilization tuning in the radio system.
-Flex built into the front forks to keep them from bending and likely doubles as a servo saver in some scenarios
Okay, I admit after watching Rich's video, it's pretty awesome. $600? Eh, not me but, I get it.✌

What we really need in this hobby for those that love water play would be a RC 🌊 surfer on a surfing board😀👍
1687447745027.png

Last edited:
I'd be interested in one without all the BS "brand name" endorsements.. that should bring the price down to what $150? It's cool for sure, not $600 worth though.
Come on now, $150? A ton of time and R&D must have gone into making this thing work as well as it does. Losi put up a nearly hourlong video talking about the development process. It's really the first of its kind; they didn't have any pre-existing chassis' to work with or anything and there's nothing else like it on the market.

With that logic, any new 3S Arrma that uses preexisting designs should cost about $35.

Though having the tires licensed and all that, sure I could see that adding $75 or so to the total cost, I always assumed that's why the RZR is so expensive.

Prol-Line has already released a street and off road tire set for this.

Okay, I admit after watching Rich's video, it's pretty awesome. $600? Eh, not me but, I get it.✌
Looks like I was a page behind in reading replies, and you posted that before watching the video :LOL: well I'm glad it makes more sense, watching the RCDriver_Online video really showed that this thing keeps itself upright extremely well. If it just tipped over and it was game-over, I'd be in the same boat as you, but the thing really does stay up. It's pretty impressive.
Prol-Line has already released a street and off road tire set for this.
I wonder why they went with the holeshots and not the Badland MX tires...

Come on now, $150? A ton of time and R&D must have gone into making this thing work as well as it does. Losi put up a nearly hourlong video talking about the development process. It's really the first of its kind; they didn't have any pre-existing chassis' to work with or anything and there's nothing else like it on the market.

With that logic, any new 3S Arrma that uses preexisting designs should cost about $35.

Though having the tires licensed and all that, sure I could see that adding $75 or so to the total cost, I always assumed that's why the RZR is so expensive.

Thunder tiger really did a majority of the development in RC bikes. I have to assume some of these ideas from Losi are borrowed.
They HAD some great designs nitro and electric.

1687450504525.png

Nitro version

1687450689388.png

Also Kyosho has a 1/8 bike that is very nice and crazy low priced for hobby grade.

^what they said! Ill be picking one up as soon as i see one locally.
Honestly i think the branding they have done with real life moto company’s might be what makes this seem more legit that the other rc motorcycles that have been released over the years.
Seems like losi has put real time and effort into the design and marketing, and im hoping the performance is as good as it looks.
Ill be buying one, even if it ends up as a display piece.

I know a big part of it is the rider but I feel like without him it would have a good amount more speed and pep. Of course if you can squeeze a 3s in there then it would really be exciting. I want it but I will wait for more videos!

Back