Big Rock Motor Mount Plate for Big Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logan's_Rcs

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been doing some research surrounding some motor upgrades for the Big Rock, and I've landed on a TP Power 4050 3080kv. I'll be running 4s with it. My only question is would the stock motor mount plate be able to use M4 screws? This is the only type of screw that the 4050 is able to use.

Thank you!

No, m4 is too big unless you drill out holes in the motor mount.

I don't believe so as the Hot Racing and M2C mounts I believe are also drilled for m3. Are you wanting to speed run it or just upgrade to 4s? If just going to 4s I'd suggest a Hobbystar 4068 2650kv. I run the 2400kv non Waterproof version in both my Granite and Bigrock on 4s and it is a great motor. Also what ESC are you going to run as the stock 100A only allows for 3s max. Here's a link for the 2650kv has m3 mounting holes and 4mm bullets so would be a drop in and work with the Spektrum 150A ESC if thats what ESC you go with. https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-4068-4-pole-brushless-sensorless-motor-waterproof.html

Hello everyone,

I've been doing some research surrounding some motor upgrades for the Big Rock, and I've landed on a TP Power 4050 3080kv. I'll be running 4s with it. My only question is would the stock motor mount plate be able to use M4 screws? This is the only type of screw that the 4050 is able to use.

Thank you!
why not just go with a 3670?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back