Motor / esc upgrade for a 4s Kraton.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run mind on 2 with 4s. It will pick the front wheels up at any speed.
I found if I lowered the motor timing I was able to feather the throttle at low rpm and get on the power sooner keeping the front down more.

Granted that was on the stock Outcast but max punch will be my base setting 🤓

I run 0 Timing on everything. You will see, 80% power on my radio is a sweet spot for me.

Keep in mind with all the extra power you’re about to have driveshafts and output from the differential are very fragile. It’s easy to twist off the axle and break the outdrive..

Mmm good point, I was probably wrongly thinking that because I’m still running the same voltage that the only performance increase was going to come from the gearing? And the benefits of the motor/esc is that it won’t over heat due to the gearing?

Either way I’m pretty keen to see how it performs.

I was thinking of lowering the diff thickness to something more like a buggy set up.. would that be more forgiving on the mechanicals?

Instant torque is going to double for what you had originally..

A good example would be air control before I would have to hit the throttle and hold it for a second for it to make a full revolution. Now I just bumped of throttle and it tries to go around two or three times.

Instant torque is going to double for what you had originally..

A good example would be air control before I would have to hit the throttle and hold it for a second for it to make a full revolution. Now I just bumped of throttle and it tries to go around two or three times.
Well I’ve never complained about torque increases before lol. But that’s why I originally thought a 2600kv might be good because it would have less mid range torque but the more top speed?

Either way I’m keen to see what happens. If it’s too much I guess I’ll have to buy a 6s rig for it 🤟🏼

Yeah that looks loads better, how do you mount your fan? Did you make a mount or can you buy one?

Thanks

Defo looks a better way? I’m not happy with how my heat sink fits, it’s a hobby wing one but is cheap af, I’m concerned it could damage the motor wire?

On a bit of a side note, can I set the bec to 8.4v even though my servo says 7.4v on it? Can you over volt a servo?

So after fitting I read the instructions which say don’t over volt the servo 😂

It all squeezed in quite nicely, the only bad point for me is the xt90-ec5 adaptor. I might have to buy some xt90 batteries for this one.

IMG_8532.jpeg

So after fitting I read the instructions which say don’t over volt the servo 😂

It all squeezed in quite nicely, the only bad point for me is the xt90-ec5 adaptor. I might have to buy some xt90 batteries for this one.

View attachment 360631
I use those adapters in my three Corally vehicles when I'm running 4s batteries in my 6s Corally vehicles. The 6s XT90 batteries I run in them were bought new specifically for the Corallys, which come with an XT90 on the ESCs and have a rather small battery tray. I already had a couple of 4s EC5 batteries on hand for a non-Arrma 4s vehicle, so I decided to use them in the Corallys. I've had no issues with those adapters: they are head and shoulders above most other types of adapters.

I use those adapters in my three Corally vehicles when I'm running 4s batteries in my 6s Corally vehicles. The 6s XT90 batteries I run in them were bought new specifically for the Corallys, which come with an XT90 on the ESCs and have a rather small battery tray. I already had a couple of 4s EC5 batteries on hand for a non-Arrma 4s vehicle, so I decided to use them in the Corallys. I've had no issues with those adapters: they are head and shoulders above most other types of adapters.
It’s not the adapter it’s self, it just puts a bit of stress on the battery leads. It’s no biggie.

The truck drove and handled the power really well, more controllable then I thought. I only tested it in a car park, I need to properly test it next time 😎

Back