Brushless upgrade went well- ESC / motor question- Chugging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
I upgraded a brushed rc (redcat) to brushless. A 3650 3900kv motor & Hobbywing quicrun WP-10BL60 ESC. Works perfectly. Very quick & fast, pulls really well. Gearing is fine stock. Motor doesn't get hot at all. After 10-15min bashing I can touch the can for several seconds. But then after a flip & bunch cartwheels, it stalled. Chugged, then again, so I tried reverse, then forward & it took off. What would cauz that? It came w program card but I left ESC as it came. The motor is a china goolrc type black can.

Hey,

Seems like there could have been access load when that happened which is why it cogged. Just to clarify, it only cogged once? What batteries are you using (mAh, C rating)?

With the program card, turn up the punch on the ESC. Try that out and see if it helps.

It actually did the stall & chugging 2-3xs after a flip
2s 5000mah 50c
Thank you. I'll check the settings. There is no guarantee that it's set to what it says it is in the sheet. I didn't even think to check. I was eager to run it.
Hey,

Seems like there could have been access load when that happened which is why it cogged. Just to clarify, it only cogged once? What batteries are you using (mAh, C rating)?

With the program card, turn up the punch on the ESC. Try that out and see if it helps.
I'll check it. Thank you. I didn't know about the access load.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back