Motor brace needed with 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Velodromed
So I'm trying to see your Profile and start a PM with you, but I'm un-able to...
Your Profile is locked or Barring me from doing so. Just so you know.

Cause I want to speak to you in private ,on certain matters.
I’ve heard that from several people and have no idea why but if I PM you first you should be able to communicate with me so I will in…right now. Hold tight lol.
Shimming the bottom 3d printed support with layers of adhesive backed foam as needed (1/8-1/4") may pick up any slack with various pinion sizes.(y)
The 3D support printing should be sized, height wise, with the smallest anticipated size pinion. (w/Motor slid all the way inward) Shimmed with foam to compensate for the larger pinion sizes, as the motor slides outward to varying degrees.
But honestly, I never bent my stocker motor mount without a support under the motor..:)
Never thought about it much.
:cool:

Not sure if you’ve seen me drive but I think you’d understand my interest in this if you did. It ain’t pretty at times 🙃😂

In the spirit of collaboration and thinking out loud....

Are these channels for the piece to slide when the motor needs to move for pinion changes?

View attachment 209074

I was thinking a design like this might help give you up and down movement protection if that is the design goal.
Quick 5 min sketch to help visualize what I am saying

View attachment 209072
Can zip ties take the heat a motor generates? I was thinking maybe a zip tie slot or two could be integrated into the design To secure the motor to the brace…

Can zip ties take the heat a motor generates? I was thinking maybe a zip tie slot or two could be integrated into the design To secure the motor to the brace…
Pretty sure they can. I had seen about a year ago someone made a fan shroud that zip tied to the motor.

That’s still beyond my abilities, I know nothing about 3-D printing. Wife and I aren’t starting on that until later this year. Right now we are conquering cricut and other crafting equipment material and…crap. All I know is a lot of amazing things can be done with it so why not try. If he’s willing to throw in with me on figuring this out, I’m game for sure.

That sledge mount idea seemed to work really well 😑. I lost count of how many times it had to adjusted while bashing🤣
The cricut is amazing. I have my wife working on stickers for my rcs

The cricut is amazing. I have my wife working on stickers for my rcs
Yup, I’m slowly but surely learning how to work it myself now. Using the design program is easy, seems similar to old PageMaker which I was good at. It’s setting up everything right so the machine cuts it properly and all that crap I’m working on figuring out. Sure is a neat machine though. My wife’s been making a lot of custom T-shirts for her nine-year-old daughter lately. Those are really nice.

Yup, I’m slowly but surely learning how to work it myself now. Using the design program is easy, seems similar to old PageMaker which I was good at. It’s setting up everything right so the machine cuts it properly and all that crap I’m working on figuring out. Sure is a neat machine though. My wife’s been making a lot of custom T-shirts for her nine-year-old daughter lately. Those are really nice.

So how big is the machine.. What is it's cutting width?

So how big is the machine.. What is it's cutting width?
The vinyl that we use is 13 inches wide. I would say the machine is about 21 inches or so total. I’ll measure it when I wake up a bit more. Woke up from weird dreams with my neck on fire 🙄

Woke up from weird dreams with my neck on fire 🙄

You mean like this >
fire-skull-chain-motorcycle-fire-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

The vinyl that we use is 13 inches wide. I would say the machine is about 21 inches or so total. I’ll measure it when I wake up a bit more.

That's a fairly big cutter!
You plan on making billboard banners too?

Metal doesn’t burn but nerves sure do 🤣

The Cricut is 21”x7” so it is a pretty good size.

C71C76B5-7B1E-4FEB-946D-15238BA88FC0.jpeg

2C6FBEC4-36E7-41F8-BC40-711C9A934DA4.jpeg

43AD4D13-F663-433A-A4F5-33403C45A6B1.jpeg

Dang!
You from the future..?

View attachment 209344

That is a decent size cutter!
Okay, once I open up my Custom R/C Performance Parts shop.. I'll have to pay you for some vinyl window signage.
You got it buddy!
Man, that’s pretty cool looking. I believe I have a new goal… 🤪

Go make some coffee.. It's going to take 2 hours.

Go make some coffee.. It's going to take 2 hours.
I figured it would take much longer. Shows you how much I know about 3-D printing.
Yeah, don’t bring up coffee. I accidentally let us run out and my wifey is not happy. I need to get my ass up and go to the store shortly before she throws something at me. She’s a sweetheart without a mean bone in her body… unless there’s no coffee ☕

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back