Made adapter for Granite Grom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumper2004

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
Talked to the local hobby shop folks and there aren’t many options for aftermarket batteries. So we put together a plan to make adapters to use the existing plug with other batteries. Took me about an hour, but it works and can’t complain. The spekteum batteries aren’t in stock so this works for my kids backyard basher.
IMG_2820.jpeg

image.jpg

Talked to the local hobby shop folks and there aren’t many options for aftermarket batteries. So we put together a plan to make adapters to use the existing plug with other batteries. Took me about an hour, but it works and can’t complain. The spekteum batteries aren’t in stock so this works for my kids backyard basher.
View attachment 367247

View attachment 367248

Fantastic!

Can't ever have enough battery options!! 👍

LHS here has a bunch of the plugs on hand, as soon as their non-smart batteries come in they will be soldering them together to sell. So you will still need to use the balance port to charge them and use a normal charger, but no adaptor in the power circuit of the car.
Honestly I like you solution just as well.

LHS here has a bunch of the plugs on hand, as soon as their non-smart batteries come in they will be soldering them together to sell. So you will still need to use the balance port to charge them and use a normal charger, but no adaptor in the power circuit of the car.
Honestly I like you solution just as well.
The new battery charges using a lipo balance charger have had forever. The spektrum battery has its own special charger. I’ve got to get a way to show the charge on them. Still fresh to this stuff so still a lot of stuff to get.

The new battery charges using a lipo balance charger have had forever. The spektrum battery has its own special charger. I’ve got to get a way to show the charge on them. Still fresh to this stuff so still a lot of stuff to get.
That’s why they are making up packs where they will plug into the car easy, but will need a proper adapter and a balance plug to charge. Everybody has a charger for regular batteries.

Back