Granite Grom servo saver install help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teryfunk

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction 4x4
So I got a Granite Grom for my son and I to get into the RC hobby. Busted the servo saver and ordered a replacement set. Question is, how do I install it? I've searched and searched but it seems I'm the only one who doesn't know how to do this. Am I removing the ESC/receiver combo to do this or is this done from the other side? Videos, links, walk-thrus? Anything at all. I'm worried I'm about to take apart something I won't get back together again.
20240330_093211.jpg

Welcome to the forum! I don’t have experience with those, but I’m sure you’ll get guidance in a moment from someone with this rig.

Hey. I just adjusted my daughter's on the weekend here are the steps I did

1) remove the 2mm screw facing up on the servo arm
2) remove the -ve and +ve wires that go to the motor. Near the ESC power button. Just pull up they are plugs
3)flip it over and remove the 2 screws on the bottom. That will free up the servo and ESC as a complete unit
4) getting the screw out of the servo saver was not hard but requires some extra muscles. I held the arm in place while I removed it . It is spring loaded. The 2 pieces will come apart
5) take a moment for a beer - most important part
6) reverse order to put it back together and your son is having fun again

Thank you so much! That is a great help. You have saved me from a load of embarrassment, lol.

No worries. There are great videos for adjusting a new servo and or servo saver. While the unit is out and you have removed the broken servo saver best to make sure that it is centered before installing the new one. plug the battery into the ESC and turn on the transmitter (make sure the knob for steering adjustment in centered) and turn on ESC . That should bring it back to center if it moved while you were removing the old servo saver. Turn off everything and then install the new one

great advice. I've seen videos talking about that but honestly i would have still overlooked it till you mentioned it.

Back