Kids Entertainment- Arrma Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GP4U2NV

Reaction score
I am going to be that newbe.

I bought 3 Arrma Granite 2WD last year for me and my kids.

I have never done lipo. I am old school nimh.

Anyways. One week from today I plan to take the 3 of them to a family party for 8 hours.

There NiMhi is not going to fly.

I need to buy 6 batteries (2s) and a charger that will charge 3 at a time. 75w

Anyone know of a package deal on these that I can get?

I am still reading and searching but. I need to order asap.

Screenshot_20240401_203255_Drive.jpg

Depends on how much you want to spend? On the cheap end I have had success with Zeee Lipos from amazon, they are over rated on mah and discharge current. If you have nothing to compare them to you will be happy with the power and run time. A higher end 2S pack will be faster for twice the money. I had bad luck with Hoovo and Goldbat 2S batteries, they have poor discharge and not worth the time.

https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-Battery-5200mAh-Vehicles-Airplane/dp/B086BZ1XSQ?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Next step up would be CNHL which I will be buying from here on, big improvement. Yet I would rather have twice as many Zeee batteries when it comes to kids.

For a charger I use a cheap balance charger if around the kids, just for the simple fact it has lights and non adjustable.
Charger

I am a firm believer in NIMH for kids!
1712025126843.png

Last edited:
I bought 2 of the Granite mega 4x4 for my boys and the nimh batts were never ran in them, we went straight to 2s, and they started breaking things immediately.

I am with you, all I had experience with was nitro, never had an electric truck till the Notorious and the 2 Granites, the jump in power is significant from nimh to lipo, I gave the nimh batts from my boys trucks to a friend who has an older 2wd Traxxas Stampede. We put 1 of my 2s packs on it and the difference is really noticable from standing still.

Back