How the hell do i get these out!???help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psmokDu87

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
I’m upgrading parts on my
New infraction!!! I’m stuck on how to get the bearings out of the rear knuckles also the front ones !?
Any links to videos ?
will be greatly appreciated also some pics on my progress if you have any tips or see anything wrong let me know !

BB3E5DD9-C715-401C-A15E-38B8D0FC4FE8.jpeg

6671D690-27D9-4579-B605-BC0B350B8AD4.jpeg

B75A56EC-F56D-4BCB-BFC0-9502378AEB37.jpeg

1C6E85F2-5CA2-4B06-B994-05233C3FAA75.jpeg

706969D6-EB32-4EF5-A5F6-B67E7B76F32F.jpeg

C0521607-4223-4631-A6F6-7C992D86E82F.jpeg

17EB8FC8-0E40-4615-868C-C97463FB289A.jpeg

Definitely doing That tomorrow I’m

Thank you sir thanks for your help it’s already in the shopping cart !
Go very slow with extractors. Get a really good bite. Almost can do it by hand if you can get good torque on a handle.

It will be much easier if you drive the pin out first, as the tension will be released from the stripped out grub screw. Still may need heat but at least you can remove the hex from the plastic axle carrier so you don’t risk melting it. If that makes sense...

It will be much easier if you drive the pin out first, as the tension will be released from the stripped out grub screw. Still may need heat but at least you can remove the hex from the plastic axle carrier so you don’t risk melting it. If that makes sense...
Yessir perfectly bout try try it right now as a matter of fact.
Is there a good way to hold the hex while trying to drive it out? Not having too much luck getting frustrated lol again...

Last edited:

They are handy but I don’t think they’ll help you in this situation............ mine wouldn’t anyway. Hex is in there too deep.

772C862A-9AF0-41E8-B9AC-CDA00B469577.jpeg

Is there a good way to hold the hex while trying to drive it out? Not having too much luck getting frustrated lol again...
Prop the axle carrier up on something and hammer that sucker! 🤣
Maybe use a vice grip to keep it from spinning.

I mocked up a visual for ya...
609EBF5C-06EC-4DC8-B2C4-6B29110CD0CC.jpeg

I haven't gotten it out yet lol. Im trying right now but im thinking of buying a new knuckles right now so I don't have to f with it anymore the only one on the whole rig i have stripped and not removed SMH🤦‍♂️
Haha I feel you brother!

View attachment 147463
I was thinking of doing that and
I’ll have just replace the screw and
Pin prob right?

View attachment 147463
So I got the pin out but grub screw still will not budge think its too stripped. Is there anything I can do now?

I was thinking of doing that and
I’ll have just replace the screw and
Pin prob right?
Pin will probably be fine, just a new grub screw if you can get it out..

So I got the pin out but grub screw still will not budge think its too stripped. Is there anything I can do now?
Heat!! and a torx bit maybe, otherwise you’ll need to replace the hex. Jenny’s has them for cheap. 👍

edit: I meat axle stub not hex..

Last edited:
The hex is ok I can't get the grub screw out lol

Like I say, heat that mother up! Sometimes you can hammer a torx bit into the stripped out grub and get it out.

My bad! 🤦🏼‍♂️ I wasn’t thinking... the grub is in the axle/cvd stub not the hex... 🤣
Same theory still applies tho. The grub is a 2.5mm so maybe a T15 torx bit.. can’t remember.

When you say imperial you mean like standard ones not metric that is most commonly used?
You probably want a 1/8 Allen key. Bash that in there after you apply a decent amount of heat and hopefully she lets go.

Is it just me or do those rear hubs look like they aren't quite right? There is a rather large space between the hex and the hub.
1C6E85F2-5CA2-4B06-B994-05233C3FAA75.jpg

-edit- I see why now, GPM has the Senton 6s rear hubs listed under the Infraction/Limitless/Felony section, the Senton 6s has it's own rear hubs. How has no one noticed this?

https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-sent...ar-knuckle-arm-6pc-set-gpm-mas022-p-9415.html
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330374

Sorry not really helping the situation I know :cautious: not sure if it will hurt anything as you will most likely not see much if any air time, at least not anything intentional anyway.

Last edited:
Is it just me or do those rear hubs look like they aren't quite right? There is a rather large space between the hex and the hub.
View attachment 147505

-edit- I see why now, GPM has the Senton 6s rear hubs listed under the Infraction/Limitless/Felony section, the Senton 6s has it's own rear hubs. How has no one noticed this?

https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-sent...ar-knuckle-arm-6pc-set-gpm-mas022-p-9415.html
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330374

Sorry not really helping the situation I know :cautious: not sure if it will hurt anything as you will most likely not see much if any air time, at least not anything intentional anyway.
Bro don’t tell me I got the wrongs ones they sent two left front ones !!!!
The hex doesn’t have the bearings or grub screw cuz I CANT GET IT OUT!!!! lol I’m so mad I’m trying one more time before I lose it !!!
Bro don’t tell me I got the wrongs ones they sent two left front ones !!!!
The hex doesn’t have the bearings or grub screw cuz I CANT GET IT OUT!!!! lol I’m so mad I’m trying one more time before I lose it !!!
Can’t Get it out the plastic ones!!!
Progress next dog bones just got delivered I’m mad and happy because I got them but I have undo ish again ahhhh I love this hobby !!!
Now aluminum color dog bones and fix knuckles!!!!

Attachments

• E7CD88BE-074B-4D02-8263-B6C8C973982B.jpeg
    E7CD88BE-074B-4D02-8263-B6C8C973982B.jpeg
    305.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 0F360B8D-D9EF-4CB7-B075-E86CC68946BA.jpeg
    0F360B8D-D9EF-4CB7-B075-E86CC68946BA.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

I tried that kit, it’s pretty soft metal and didn’t work on a basic stripped screw. Black & Decker makes one that’s pretty good.

I personally use a drill with a 2.5mm to break red threadlock loose. I press hard and set the clutch to 1 and keep going up. The hammer action just deteriorates the threadlock and will break loose the screw. It saved me on a fee bolts like otherwise i would have never been able to remove them by hand(they were so tight i knew i would strip them and those screws didnt have any theadlock on them i guess i went overboard with the tightening 🤣.

Back