Is there a 12x4x8 bearing? Am I stuck with the bushings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
I replaced 6S rigs that come with bushing in the Ackerman towers.

I've been trying to do the same for the Losi DBXL-E, but I'm coming to the conclusion that no sure bearing exists, and I might be stuck with bushings.

Since I cannot find a replacement, do I need to lube or grease the bushings?

Bushing measure 12mm wide, 4mm tall, and the opening 8mm
1710108970381.png

1710109031069.png

Example of the area on what I am trying to replace
Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 11.13.17 AM.png

Thanks gents

@Hammer Down it may not be a big deal. I have just been told and seen that preached since coming to Arrma Rigs. Hammer, what did you do for your rig? Did you keep it stock and use the bushing or make the upgrade?

Looks like the OD of the post’s counterbore has clearance to be milled out if you can find 13-14mm OD.

Thanks gents

@Hammer Down it may not be a big deal. I have just been told and seen that preached since coming to Arrma Rigs. Hammer, what did you do for your rig? Did you keep it stock and use the bushing or make the upgrade?
Typically I do change out those bushings for bearings anytime possible. However, mine still has bushings.. I had/have big dreams of going full Vitavon and 12s on my dibby.
I kind like the idea mentioned above using some shims to fill the hight void created by using the 3.5mm tall bearings if you plan on keeping the stock steering assembly.
Just depends on how far you plan on upgrading.

Typically I do change out those bushings for bearings anytime possible. However, mine still has bushings.. I had/have big dreams of going full Vitavon and 12s on my dibby.
I kind like the idea mentioned above using some shims to fill the hight void created by using the 3.5mm tall bearings if you plan on keeping the stock steering assembly.
Just depends on how far you plan on upgrading.
Thanks

Really don't want to change the steering crank unless there is an issue. Losi DB Pro was so sloppy I had to Kraton EXB, Big Rock v3, etc. steering needed help

My first run with the DBXL-E ran fine and turned those wheels just fine, but I have to taken off the front of the rig yet to see if it has slop. Otherwise, I am fine. I just prefer shielded bearings since I am changing them all. I will leave it as for now not looking to upgrade everything only what is called out as an issue.

I am very pleases so far having broken down and put back together 2/3 or the rig no slop I am finding. I haven't added any addition shims anywhere from diffs, hubs, hex, etc...

Back