How the hell do i get these out!???help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psmokDu87

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
I’m upgrading parts on my
New infraction!!! I’m stuck on how to get the bearings out of the rear knuckles also the front ones !?
Any links to videos ?
will be greatly appreciated also some pics on my progress if you have any tips or see anything wrong let me know !

BB3E5DD9-C715-401C-A15E-38B8D0FC4FE8.jpeg

6671D690-27D9-4579-B605-BC0B350B8AD4.jpeg

B75A56EC-F56D-4BCB-BFC0-9502378AEB37.jpeg

1C6E85F2-5CA2-4B06-B994-05233C3FAA75.jpeg

706969D6-EB32-4EF5-A5F6-B67E7B76F32F.jpeg

C0521607-4223-4631-A6F6-7C992D86E82F.jpeg

17EB8FC8-0E40-4615-868C-C97463FB289A.jpeg

The hex is ok I can't get the grub screw out lol
I had one of those, grub stripped and solid stuck in a pinion. I tried heat, then using canned air upsized down put the freeze on the grub. Then tried the reverse. Tried a stripped screw set, and it stripped the stripped screw remover. Then hit it hard to try to break loose. Then ice and heat and heat and ice. Drove a torx in and stripped more. So I heated and froze once more and dropped in a baggie of wd-40. 4-5 days later the grub backed out super easy by hand 🤣

What i learned on this hobby is. You learn the feeling when your about to strip a screw head. When i get that feeling i stop before i start slipping. I know im not getting that screw with a simple driver. If you keep
Yeah, learning that ‘feeling’ 😂

I personally use a drill with a 2.5mm to break red threadlock loose. I press hard and set the clutch to 1 and keep going up. The hammer action just deteriorates the threadlock and will break loose the screw. It saved me on a fee bolts like otherwise i would have never been able to remove them by hand(they were so tight i knew i would strip them and those screws didnt have any theadlock on them i guess i went overboard with the tightening 🤣.
You do that once they’re stripped ?
Now waiting on front knuckles I got two left ones so return buy and wait again!!! I’m so mad!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I’m late to the game on this one but just managed to do the same yesterday. Hopefully this can help someone else in the future when they search this topic. I stripped the first grub screw but managed to get the others out without an issue.

Firstly you’ll need an adjustable soldering iron and a duff tip you don’t mind ruining. Clean all the dirt and grime out of the hex head and then with a pin clear out around the edge of the thread so it comes out easily. Set the soldering iron to 400°C and stick it in the middle of the grub screw, leave it there for 30sec maybe a minute until the hex starts to get hot, but not too hot that you can’t touch it for a few seconds. They should come out easy then. You can get a cheap soldering iron for a tenner, well worth it, especially if you want to change battery plugs.

I did strip the first one badly though before I realised how hot the loctite needs to be to soften it. Thankfully got it out in the end. You’ll need a really small set of screw extractors like these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extractor-...CL1M/ref=dp_prsubs_1?pd_rd_i=B08797CL1M&psc=1

Then do the same with the heat, when it’s heated just progress up the sizes till one bites. For me it didn’t matter that it cooled down, the loctite seemed to stay soft for a little while. If all fails then drill a 2mm hole through the middle of the grub screw with a titanium drill bit and start again with the smallest screw extractor. Eventually you’ll get it. Persistence is key! Took me a solid 90 minutes to get it out but it’s out.

The alternative can be expensive, bearings, front/rear hub, 17mm hex, wheel axle will set you back over £50.

Well update i got it off by using the damn dremel haha. Got it fixed and will be on its first run today with the kids. Having.nother bash day with them! But need to give a shout out to my buddy @Edough13 for his kind donation Nd help getting it done.
Anytime brother! Glad I could help ya get the Noto fixed and going again👊

I’m late to the game on this one but just managed to do the same yesterday. Hopefully this can help someone else in the future when they search this topic. I stripped the first grub screw but managed to get the others out without an issue.

Firstly you’ll need an adjustable soldering iron and a duff tip you don’t mind ruining. Clean all the dirt and grime out of the hex head and then with a pin clear out around the edge of the thread so it comes out easily. Set the soldering iron to 400°C and stick it in the middle of the grub screw, leave it there for 30sec maybe a minute until the hex starts to get hot, but not too hot that you can’t touch it for a few seconds. They should come out easy then. You can get a cheap soldering iron for a tenner, well worth it, especially if you want to change battery plugs.

I did strip the first one badly though before I realised how hot the loctite needs to be to soften it. Thankfully got it out in the end. You’ll need a really small set of screw extractors like these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extractor-...CL1M/ref=dp_prsubs_1?pd_rd_i=B08797CL1M&psc=1

Then do the same with the heat, when it’s heated just progress up the sizes till one bites. For me it didn’t matter that it cooled down, the loctite seemed to stay soft for a little while. If all fails then drill a 2mm hole through the middle of the grub screw with a titanium drill bit and start again with the smallest screw extractor. Eventually you’ll get it. Persistence is key! Took me a solid 90 minutes to get it out but it’s out.

The alternative can be expensive, bearings, front/rear hub, 17mm hex, wheel axle will set you back over £50.
Thank you for posting this! I know I’ll need it someday soon.

Back