Has any one tryed using substitute oil as a shock oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy…

At this point I’m going to make suggestion. Take a coupla turnbuckles and put them in place of your shocks. Then, since you like the way shocks look as you stated, you can take a sharpie and draw a tornado down them in any color. 😉
Great advice lol.i said I like the way they look meaning they are aluminum natural color and I prefer them over stock plastic lol. Now am I gonna keep getting jokes or is some one really gonna just tell me what is best for high speed .geez you guys are tough ..😁 help a member out plz

Great advice lol.i said I like the way they look meaning they are aluminum natural color and I prefer them over stock plastic lol. Now am I gonna keep getting jokes or is some one really gonna just tell me what is best for high speed .geez you guys are tough ..😁 help a member out plz
High speed means they get hit harder. I like to counter it with thicker oil and little tricks I picked up from other members here. For example, I'm running 80k diff fluid and 2 springs in each front shock. Not perfect but for now manageable. The rear I run medium tensioned springs and 100k diff fluid. I plan to experiment more this spring and see if I can rid myself of the number 1 cause of my crashes; the chassis slap from hell that sends me up, up, and away!

Fluid is for rebound damping, not compression.. that's springs, homework fellas homework.. there will be a pop quiz mon I expect you all to study!!

family-guy-peter-griffin.gif

High speed means they get hit harder. I like to counter it with thicker oil and little tricks I picked up from other members here. For example, I'm running 80k diff fluid and 2 springs in each front shock. Not perfect but for now manageable. The rear I run medium tensioned springs and 100k diff fluid. I plan to experiment more this spring and see if I can rid myself of the number 1 cause of my crashes; the chassis slap from hell that sends me up, up, and away!
Is 60 ml enough to fill 4 shocks?
I'll try this just need to know if one bottle will work for 4 shocks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230414-052422.png
    Screenshot_20230414-052422.png
    297.2 KB · Views: 35
Thank you for true advice .I appreciate it.i shall order me some 500 wt or 550 .now should I use that wt in both front and rear or ? Reamember that this build is just for moderate speed passes on a very flat road ..
Start with the same CST of silicone oil at both Front AND Rear shocks. Beyond this is a personal call. Trial and error determines what is actually best, based on an adequate evaluation of how it drives and what your expectations are. 60 ml's will do 4 shocks. Unless you waste and spill it. Bleeding properly will require some wasted oil, if you bleed them properly. 550 cst oil is a good place to start.
I have dozens of bottles of silicone oil here. Several bins of it. I like an assortment. And I also have many RC's here.

Start with the same CST of silicone oil at both Front AND Rear shocks. Beyond this is a personal call. Trial and error determines what is actually best, based on an adequate evaluation of how it drives and what your expectations are. 60 ml's will do 4 shocks. Unless you waste and spill it. Bleeding properly will require some wasted oil, if you bleed them properly. 550 cst oil is a good place to start.
I have dozens of bottles of silicone oil here. Several bins of it. I like an assortment. And I also have many RC's here.
Awesome thanks @SrC going to order it now. 😁👍

Thank you

Same here. And most of the diff fluid I have was bought for shocks.

Let's start at the very beginning
A very good place to start
When you read, you begin with A-B-C
When you tune, you begin with…

JIF or Skippy?
Neither.those are to expensive.im on a budget to save for this hobby so I like to use Walmart value store brand🤣🤣 oh and it has to be extra chunky so the gears chew it up into a nice creamy butter.then after a few sessions I slap that sh#t on a toasted bun🤣👍

Neither.those are to expensive.im on a budget to save for this hobby so I like to use Walmart value store brand🤣🤣 oh and it has to be extra chunky so the gears chew it up into a nice creamy butter.then after a few sessions I slap that sh#t on a toasted bun🤣👍
Wait your shocks have gears in them?

KY Jelly works also. The silicone type, not the water based KY.
Just go to the ladies section of your pharmacy. Don't ask your LHS for it. They might give you dirty looks.:ROFLMAO:

I'm joking.

JIF or Skippy?
The way you make Thai peanut dipping sauce is to mix peanut butter with sesame seed oil (have to do that first) then add soy sauce and a little salt/sugar, rice vinegar, lime juice, ginger and chilly sauce, its soo good. But you could use the sesame seed oil to change the viscosity.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back