Goove Neon LED Rope for Desk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mechanicos

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton EXB
I purchased this Goove Neon LED Rope as an above workbench lighting but after turning it on today i am really disappointed, the diffuser stops a lot of the brightness i think. Now im thinking about removing the diffuser or add some reflective surfaces to increase brightness. i think removing the diffuser is the best and easiest approach if this can be done.

My other thought is to use 2 strips right next to each other since i only need 1.5m and this is 3.0m, however I am not sure if this can be cut and reconnected. Btw this cannot be bend to have 2 strips next to each other.

To be honest i bought the wrong product.

Last edited:
Those are nice as for mood lighting 😁 like the ones you can change colors and have them around the top of your ceiling..as for actually using for works lights they just don't do the trick..I'm using a 4 ft led tube light above my work bench and it provides more than enough and I didn't pay much ..I bought mine at harbor freight for 20 dollars .

IMG_20240318_195337340.jpg

IMG_20240316_230840664.jpg

Those are nice as for mood lighting 😁 like the ones you can change colors and have them around the top of your ceiling..as for actually using for works lights they just don't do the trick..I'm using a 4 ft led tube light above my work bench and it provides more than enough and I didn't pay much ..I bought mine at harbor freight for 20 dollars .

View attachment 363023

View attachment 363024
Is that a HSP 94107 pro on the top shelf?

Well i think you are right, i will just get a similar lamp for my work bench and i will use the fancy neon rope for behind my tools pegboard/tool board.

View attachment 363023

View attachment 363024
I agree, LED tubes just can’t be beat. My workbench is brighter that the face of the sun. I have to turn off the tubes before I photograph anything or all you see are reflections and refractions. And I have a rule: Infraction good, refraction bad. 😊
Also, why is your bench so clean and neatly organized? How do you get anything done in that environment?

I agree, LED tubes just can’t be beat. My workbench is brighter that the face of the sun. I have to turn off the tubes before I photograph anything or all you see are reflections and refractions. And I have a rule: Infraction good, refraction bad. 😊
Also, why is your bench so clean and neatly organized? How do you get anything done in that environment?
I typically keep everything kinda clean / organized when I'm not working but when I do it can become a little messy🤷 but I just remind my self to clean up after.those pics were when I started making a new hobby Rc room .painted walls added shelves .added the peg board.which I still have more to put up and more shelves and another little work table . probably just for soldering.🤷 It's getting there.i still have to give the work benches another coat of black paint ., someday I'll post when done👍

Last edited:

View attachment 363023

View attachment 363024

I have a similar setup, but a trick that I use is to put a piece of tape across the light where it does not shine into my eyes, only down.

IMG20240425095918.jpg

Ive been gathering my things for a while now, getting ready to setup my workbench as well. Im planning to spend the whole saturday to put everything together. Ill take some photos

I have a similar setup, but a trick that I use is to put a piece of tape across the light where it does not shine into my eyes, only down.

View attachment 363053
My tube has a aluminum cover over it .how does your's not come with it ? Pretty much a ballast

Back