Sticky rubber for battery tray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Does anyone know of a soft, sticky rubber sheet that can be adhered to a battery tray? Something that will help prevent the battery from slipping around when strapped in.

I’m thinking of something similar to those car trays for cell phones or GPS devices.

Maybe something like this?

Screenshot_20240409-090822_Samsung Internet.jpg

Neoprene anti vibration self adhesive
View attachment 359855
This can work I imagine. Drawbacks are that it's 3/4" thick, which may be an issue if there isn't enough spare room for clearance with the tray, also we're dealing with a generally hostile environment in rc battery trays. Lots of debris and such collects in mine. The cabinet liners are cheap, sticky when clean, and water resistant. Cut to size with scissors, use till it wears through..toss and repeat as needed.

I like the cabinet liner since there's no glues to deal with, no mess. As far as preventing the batteries from sliding, the cabinet liner definitely works, at least until it gets wet or dirty. Ever try sliding a stack of dinner plates over this suff? Ain't happening, it's grippy indeed. However it does require the straps being tight so the batteries stay put..a given I suppose. Lots of good ideas in here!👍

This silicone sheet is perfect for it. Whatever you use is gonna get dirty, and lose its grip. This stuff, just rotate it out when it gets dirty with a freshy, and wash the dusty/dirty one with dawn, and you’re good to go as it’ll be nice and tacky every time... Would not recommend gluing it down, just let the battery, and strap keep it in place for ease of “maintenance”.. should manage a few cut out of one “sheet”…🤙

https://a.co/d/16Tdve2

IMG_3613.png

For friction grip, I just thought...strips of silicone tape. The self adhering kind. I put that on a lipo to keep the top one from shifting around. I run two batt packs. Otherwise, for cushion in the tray, I bought cheap yoga mat in Wally Mart. The same stuff as shelf liner, except a bit thicker.

Edit - I was able to get it to adhere to the pack with no adhesive, but if you needed some adhesive, I'd use gasket maker. I use that to get the silicone tape to adhere to the back end of the cheap Surpass Rocket motors with the exposed bearing. I dab grease on the bearing, smear gasket maker on the end bell, and put the tape over it. I figure it can't hurt as I have some kind of heatsink/fan for the rest of the motor. I also use the tape as a spacer to keep the motors from slapping the chassis. Just fold or cut in layers up till it can ve wedged between and held friction. Works. No glue nonsense like I've seen Kevin Talbot do.

Last edited:
Back