Finally some headway on the RC room/man cave..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robb Roskopp board was Santa Cruz. Per Welinder board was Powell. I mostly did BMX freestyle but skated too.
I was always in to BMX tricks but my buddy had a Rob Roskopp board with the bullseye-head & eye, & hand tearing thru. I think I spelled it right. I don't remember if that was a Powell, but the Powell blue Nordic skull w fangs was epic. Per Werlender? Wasn't that a Powell?

Robb Roskopp board was Santa Cruz. Per Welinder board was Powell. I mostly did BMX freestyle but skated too.
Thanks man. My memory is still pretty good 🤣

You've got good taste in wall art. Can't go wrong with Powell Peralta decks, and an S&M banner. I used to ride both. (y)
Thanks bro-and same! First board was a Lance Mountain, then I skated at least 10-11 Cabs after that.. I absolutely PUNISHED my S&M frames and bars… Started with a Dirtbike, then found my comfort with a Holmes. Only 5’11”, but rode so much better with an XL. 180mm flight cranks, and a DK XL stem.. -and always S&M slam bars. Believe I tried the gays once-but just weren’t my thing.. (helluva sig quote right there..🤣🤣). Last time I raced was ‘96 after a roughly 2yr hiatus, my friend let me slam together a Holmes from spares of his, didn’t get a single minute of practice (flat tire otw down to the track), and damnn if I didn’t win the Nationals lol.. Those were the days..🥹
If I were a school bus driver and I had a bunch of idiot kids on it ,I swear I'd slam in the breaks real quick and send them little suckas over the seats 🤣🤣🤣 that'll teach a lesson
Sounds like you WERE my bus driver in the early ‘80’s! 🤣🤣🤣
Love the old school skateboards.
thanks man-definitely have a soft spot for those decks in particular!
I was always in to BMX tricks but my buddy had a Rob Roskopp board with the bullseye-head & eye, & hand tearing thru. I think I spelled it right. I don't remember if that was a Powell, but the Powell blue Nordic skull w fangs was epic. Per Werlender? Wasn't that a Powell?
I loved the graphics on the Welinder deck.. if memory serves-it was a freestyle though, and that’s why I never ended up with one.. back then there wasn’t much crossover as they were so much different than vert boards.. like you though-I thought the Nordic skull/helmet was siiiiick AF..

Last edited:
Had to go dig thru my sticker stash. 👍

20240206_174109.jpg

I’m a sticker whore myself! Those are good ones!! I actually have a 12x12x8” USPS box STACKED with stickers man! 😅
Heck yeah! I got a bunch RC stickers. I remember in HS when the Santa Cruz screaming hand T shirt went fad. The teachers didn't like em. I had a couple Body Glove Tees.

Heck yeah! I got a bunch RC stickers. I remember in HS when the Santa Cruz screaming hand T shirt went fad. The teachers didn't like em. I had a couple Body Glove Tees.
That must’ve been teachers everywhere lol.. I always wanted the John Lucero shirt, or deck.. The one with the beast behind bars in the darkness.. I remember they just couldn’t stand skaters in general.. I actually watched Gleaming the Cube last week lol

Did you guys ever watch the video Powell put out "The Search for Animal Chin"?
I did not-only Powell stuff I ever flipped out on was all the Bones Brigade flicks 😜🤙 may have to do some digging though now that I’m old af..🤣

Edit*. I swear now that I’m reading the title, it IS sounding familiar..

I had stickers from the quarter machine thingy at stores 😂can I be part of the cool sticker club lol
My favorite sticker was a saying “I’d rather die in my sleep like my grandpa not screaming while in his passenger seat”
Heck yeah. Put many of quarters in them & the Mrs Pac Man table top at Pizza Hut.

Love where this thread went. I skated a lot as a kid. Loved the Bones Brigade stuff. All those decks and the artwork. Street skating was such fun with a group a friends.

Remember that Police Academy 4 scene with a young David Spade and the Brigade?

:LOL:
Yep-that’s the only flick I remember Lance Mountain being in aside from the obvious skate films.. He was my dude back then. And Cab obviously.. That was my favorite Police Academy 🤙

Love where this thread went. I skated a lot as a kid. Loved the Bones Brigade stuff. All those decks and the artwork. Street skating was such fun with a group a friends
Yep. I never skated, I was in BMX, I have my 88 Dyno Detour still now. I'm restoring it. I bought it new in 88. But my two sons skated ALOT. I took them to several skate parks every weekend when they were growing up. Few pics of a ramp I built. These pics are are about 12 years ago. I use to launch my Tamiya Boomerang off of it.

IMAG0442.jpg

IMAG0351.jpg

IMAG0440.jpg

IMAG0443.jpg

IMAG0605.jpg

Thanks man-my inner 14yr old is mad strong..😅🤷🏻‍♂️. I gravitate toward simple, and uncluttered, but still chill.. I’ve got more in the works to get the bench cleaned up, and more work space. Everything I need for maintenance is within my grasp, and it’s a spot I can hang out in for hours no problem with the right tunes going..
That room looks awesome. 🏁 .

Back