Does the Traxxas law suit mean...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time post and return to the hobby for me after 10 years. Got to agree that TraxxASS must be worried that someone is making a better product than they do. He'll, reason everyone stocks their parts is because you get mostly plastic. I so wanted to return to the hobby with a Nero, but will be happy when my Outcast arrives. I'll never buy anything ever from TraxxASS and hope others follow.

Heck, I have a brand new Fiesta ST from them that's now on eBay. They've potentially screwed me out of parts for my Nero, so I won't have their crap in my house. Unfortunately, I have their pins and push rods on the Nero... Those will have to stay. Glad that's all the traxxtrash I have...

View attachment 11917

The Schumacher Top Cat was released in 1988 and is one of many designs over the years that has used lay down shocks.

Best regards,
Brian

Let also not forget about Thundertiger's original EMT-a with the lay-down shocks.

This has really made me think twice about supporting Traxxas in the future.

Bobby D

Like I said they are turning into the patent troll of the RC world.

First time post and return to the hobby for me after 10 years. Got to agree that TraxxASS must be worried that someone is making a better product than they do. He'll, reason everyone stocks their parts is because you get mostly plastic. I so wanted to return to the hobby with a Nero, but will be happy when my Outcast arrives. I'll never buy anything ever from TraxxASS and hope others follow.
Better?, Well as an owner of an Xmaxx, X0-1, a couple of Tamiya's and an Outcast i have to disagree. At least from personal experience. Out of all of them, the one with shoddy build quality is the Outcast.
But in regards to a lawsuit, it is quite silly and i really cannot understand how Traxxas can think they have a patent on this. This type of technology is (as previously stated as well) already for years and years used in RC cars.

Better?, Well as an owner of an Xmaxx, X0-1, a couple of Tamiya's and an Outcast i have to disagree. At least from personal experience. Out of all of them, the one with shoddy build quality is the Outcast.
But in regards to a lawsuit, it is quite silly and i really cannot understand how Traxxas can think they have a patent on this. This type of technology is (as previously stated as well) already for years and years used in RC cars.
Rtr vehicles are always a crap shoot in build quality, rtr does not stand for ready to run, it means ready to rebuild.

In my case it's more ready to replace, as in needing to replace parts. Either way, from personal experience with RTR's it is the Outcast that was the massive disappointment, so in that sense not a better product.
Of course this does not mean that this lawsuit is not BS and i can fully understand someone not buying Traxxas products for that reason.

The Traxxas X Maxx v1 was the biggest farce in RC for years........all plastic, many many weakpoints including the usual terrible Traxxas diffs and at a huge price.........utter garbage. Traxxas were laughed at for being rubbish when they first appeared on the scene and still get laughed at today.

First time poster here, also like a few getting back into RC cars with my 6 year old. Had my eye on the Nero with diff control, I have been looking everywhere trying to find them and found this thread. I learned awhile back Traxxas isn't for the community they are for Traxxas, there customer support also stinks and there RCs are way over priced for what they are. This is terrible news has anyone read anything on if the Nero will be sold again? I hate to buy a used one

First time poster here, also like a few getting back into RC cars with my 6 year old. Had my eye on the Nero with diff control, I have been looking everywhere trying to find them and found this thread. I learned awhile back Traxxas isn't for the community they are for Traxxas, there customer support also stinks and there RCs are way over priced for what they are. This is terrible news has anyone read anything on if the Nero will be sold again? I hate to buy a used one

You can buy new ones on EBay

You can buy new ones on EBay
Oh you are 100% correct there are a couple on there just worries me if Traxxas would win, with the court system good chance. That parts will stop being made. The whole thing sucks I am always a dollar short and a day late for these things lol

Hell the parts are unavailable and the cars are too, Traxxas is crazy Arrma didn't even exact copy the design - why can't we all enjoy the hobby? Instead they have to ruin a smaller company because they want to stay on top of the RC game. Hobbico has gone through enough and I think Traxxas is trying to finish us off...

Hell the parts are unavailable and the cars are too, Traxxas is crazy Arrma didn't even exact copy the design - why can't we all enjoy the hobby? Instead they have to ruin a smaller company because they want to stay on top of the RC game. Hobbico has gone through enough and I think Traxxas is trying to finish us off...

Traxxas is to the rc world what Apple is to the tech world, they take other companies ideas pass them off as their own, then try to sue anyone who uses something similar. Like how Apple sued Samsumg over the Galaxy phones because they looked too similar to the iPhone.......this was 6 years ago and they are still fighting each other in court over that.
iphone-galaxy.jpg

It's funny because they don't care about the Chinese copies on banggood and other websites that make copies of the erevo (look a likes not chassis design) but it's just because they see Arrma making more money and they are easily and conveniently located in the U.S. - perfect for lawsuits to shut down a company so they can still maintain their monopoly status.

It's funny because they don't care about the Chinese copies on banggood and other websites that make copies of the erevo (look a likes not chassis design) but it's just because they see Arrma making more money and they are easily and conveniently located in the U.S. - perfect for lawsuits to shut down a company so they can still maintain their monopoly status.
Look up Remo Hobby once, they have a clone of the Traxxas Slash 4x4 available in a buggy, short course truck, truggy rally car and monster truck. They come with aluminum shocks, shock guards, aluminum shock towers(on some models), wheelie bar, front and rear steel cvd driveshafts(on some models), adjustable turnbuckles and a seal for the front of the center drive shaft. Every Traxxas part is compatible with them, that I am aware. They are dirt cheap, last I checked $285 US shipped for the SCT if you buy direct from Remo Hobby. And I see Traxxas does nothing to stop them.

Last edited:
Hi

I usually steer newbies away from the Revo and E-Revo on the traxxas forum by privet messaging them all of the known design flaws the Revo has.
I usually steer them away from anything Traxxas as every single one of their models has serious design flaws.
Every model has cheap plastic parts in critical areas that break all the time. And crappy tires.
Rustler/Stampede/Slash/bandit - drive shafts, shocks, shock towers, caster blocks and stock tires are crap on so many surfaces.
4x4 Stampede/Slash/Rally - same crap driveshafts, shocks and tires from the 2wd platform.
1/16 Platform- axles, a arms, servos, body mounts, chassis, bulkheads, steering knuckles, tires, wing, and diffs.
E/T-Maxx - axles, a arms, shock towers, bulkheads, chassis braces, bulkhead braces, bumpers, shocks, tires, and diffs.
Revo - axles, a arms, tires, bulkheads, chassis, and diffs

Last edited:
Hi

There is another brand the T.H. is dropping because of the lawsuit and that is HPI, since Traxxas also owns them too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back