Does the Traxxas law suit mean...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because the Nero is direct competition for the Revo/Summit. And the same reason they haven't sued any of the other companies that use cantilever suspension.
this whole thing really sucks

Traxxas is soooo dead to me :) If they would just create something new and inovative that will compete I would would have bought it. Now not a chance in hell I buy something from them again.

I have already steered one buddy away from the Traxxas since the other day. He drove my Big Rock ;) over labor day and today called me up to ask me what kind of truck to buy....... Guess what I told him.... KRATON V2 Guess what he bought.... KRATON V2 and so will everybody else I talk to from here on out. I can be pretty persuasive :)

Geeze I don't know what they are thinking.... Make something!!

In order for your patent to have power, you have to defend it. Traxxas really needs to sue every manufacturer who uses the onboard shock design or else their patent loses it's purpose.

why didn't they sue vaterra for the twin hammers?

When the Twin Hammers first came out, the hobby shop I was running was told that we had to pull all cantilever parts for it off the wall and send them back to Horizon. They sent back new cantilever parts for the Twin Hammers and everything was well in the world. My assumption is that Horizon received a cease and desist order for the cantilever for the Twin Hammers. I will also assume that Hobbico also received a cease and desist order and they chose to fight it, thus them being sued. Just remember that it doesn't go from nothing to being sued, there is always a way out of the courts for each party before it gets to that point. I think Hobbico feels it is worth the fight.

This whole thing is tough for me to swallow.
I don't own a Traxxas RC (but have in the past) but still currently use some of their products in other builds. For example, I use Traxxas RX boxes in my Clodbusters, KK2 and SMT10. Traxxas Revo drive shafts/axles and diffs in my KK2 as well as revo shafts in my SMT10 build. All work great and are had on the cheap. But I love Arrma and everything that they do and glad they are not taking things lightly. I'm not a hater and simply wish Traxxas would embrace creativity of other brands and move forward. The RC world will be a happier place.

In order for your patent to have power, you have to defend it. Traxxas really needs to sue every manufacturer who uses the onboard shock design or else their patent loses it's purpose.
Are you kidding me??? What is special about their shocks??? I'm waiting..... As far as I can tell there is not difference from any other shock on the damn planet. Why are they allowed to have a patent on a shock? I'm pretty sure shocks are hundreds of years old and existed LONG BEFORE Traxxas. Give me a break.

Are you kidding me??? What is special about their shocks??? I'm waiting..... As far as I can tell there is not difference from any other shock on the damn planet. Why are they allowed to have a patent on a shock? I'm pretty sure shocks are hundreds of years old and existed LONG BEFORE Traxxas. Give me a break.

Murica. The patent office there sucks so bad it is like its sole purpose is to create patents that will be fought over in court over prior art or obviousness. Maybe they are funded by patent lawyers.
Edit: first legal battle round is your stuff vs the patent. Then second round is you against patent using prior art or obviousness. If you still have money. Separate cases usually. It is a poopy system.

Seems like so much of the law (and for sure patent law) is all about Lawyers writing rules so that Lawyers make money no matter who is right.

In this case, the whole "Prior Art" thing pretty much covers the suspention and shock and probably the RX box too, best I can tell. But the existence of the patent allows Traxxas to order a Cease and Desist - and once that is on paper, the only way to lift it is to go to court. Sux for Hobbico and everyone before them, but that is the way the game is played. Traxxas and HobbieCo ( I suspect) are big enough to have in-house lawyers, so the court battle will not be nearly as much $$ as it would be for a small player that has to hire outside council to take the case.

The best thing you and I can do is spread the word and hurt trashix buy not giving get them our money. That's what there after and if we slow there cash flow it will be worse than any lawsuit. What a win for a company that doesn't have customers. UNIGHT MY FELLOW BASHER AND FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T BUY A TRASHIX PINION! LEARN TO SET YOUR FN LASH!

Cat.jpg

The Schumacher Top Cat was released in 1988 and is one of many designs over the years that has used lay down shocks.

Best regards,
Brian

View attachment 11917

The Schumacher Top Cat was released in 1988 and is one of many designs over the years that has used lay down shocks.

Best regards,
Brian
Man I lusted after that car as a teen. Laydown shocks, belt transmission, universals with sliding driveshafts, it was just HOT HOT HOT!

LOL

The only problem I see boycotting is that there's a whole lot more Traxxas fans than arrma fans. And alot of Traxxas fans are ignorant of other brands. I also don't see anti Traxxas speech at the lhs going over well if it hurts their sales just my 2¢

I wish that were the case everywhere. Unfortunately the 2 shooes near me stock it. While one pushes it hard the other pushes red cat harder... Sad thing is the one pushing red cat has the only track within an hour thirty of me

I wish that were the case everywhere. Unfortunately the 2 shooes near me stock it. While one pushes it hard the other pushes red cat harder... Sad thing is the one pushing red cat has the only track within an hour thirty of me

Nice... Remember that hobby shops make most of their prophet on parts sales, not kit sales... Which points a long finger at why they love Redcat and Traxxas. :)

I have two LHS that sell Arrma parts, and only one of those stocks Arrma parts- and they only stock Arrma parts for the 2wds... LOL

Mine would never stop selling Traxxas as that is 98% of what they stock.

My local shop is doing exactly the opposite, they're pushing red cat with the pitch that it's just as good as (insert brand, literally any brand) one of the employees I'm friends with told me the owner wants them to push red cat over everything even Traxxas. And our hobby town owner was telling me red cat profit margin is enormous. Which leads me to believe other said lhs pushes for a huge profit on kit sales an gives no ducks about the customer. Now said lhs does have sliver of armma Nero and outcast parts but only because those are the only two they have ever sold in store. Sorry I'm ranting about my lhs poor business model lol.

I have been in the rc world a while, heli, plane, boats, and cars, and I seem to recall this may not be the first time traxxas has done this to its comp. I could be wrong but something like this happened a while back. I say screw traxxas plastic.

View attachment 11536 I couldn't help more reading...im finding supposedly tower hobbies is dropping traxxas because of the suit,

Now I am just more confused, haha

Wow. I haven't been on here in a while but I just went to Towers site and no traxxas parts or cars are on there. Thats crazy. Never thought I would see the day Tower didnt sell Traxxas.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back