Does the Traxxas law suit mean...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

invzibl

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Now that Traxxas is suing everyone, including Arrma, does this deter anyone from buying a Nero or Fazon due to the assumed lack of parts to fix them now that they are discontinued?

My shop told me about the lawsuit and they only have what they have as they can not get anymore. Should I be afraid to buy one with the diff brain because a perceived future lack of replacement parts? I mean if they are being sued sure seem to me that they wont be able to produce and sell parts for those machines but maybe I am wrong.

Thanks in advance, Jaysyn

Now that Traxxas is suing everyone, including Arrma, does this deter anyone from buying a Nero or Fazon due to the assumed lack of parts to fix them now that they are discontinued?

My shop told me about the lawsuit and they only have what they have as they can not get anymore. Should I be afraid to buy one with the diff brain because a perceived future lack of replacement parts? I mean if they are being sued sure seem to me that they wont be able to produce and sell parts for those machines but maybe I am wrong.

Thanks in advance, Jaysyn
Where did you read that the Nero and Fazon are discontinued?

Seems it is the opinion of his LHS?
That's what I am thinking too but would like proof if it is happening. They are still listed on the Arrma website and on Tower Hobbies as being for sale, so I am leaning towards rumor but cannot confirm that.

Yep, my LHS told me about the Traxxas lawsuits... said the distribution centers are demolishing all stock with the shock design they "stole" from the E-Revo's. Stole is Traxxas's words not mine...

That's what I am thinking too but would like proof if it is happening. They are still listed on the Arrma website and on Tower Hobbies as being for sale, so I am leaning towards rumor but cannot confirm that.
I hope its just a rumor.....

And now on Tower Hobbies all of the Nero based vehicles say temporarily unavailable.... Will have to see what comes of this.

Edit: On the Arrma website they are now listed as unavailable as well.

Last edited:
Please, please, please may nobody ever buy a Traxxas vehicle again. As if there wasn't good enough reason before, this should seal the deal. Clearly they have no passion for the hobby, just the dollar. Good luck with that, you greedy bastards.

Oh, and while I am getting all worked up, a special thanks to the idiot judge that let Traxxas get away with this. The design that you let Traxxas call their own has been used in Formula 1 racing almost exclusively since the 70's. Fantastic work!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Screenshot_20170824-190757.png
I couldn't help more reading...im finding supposedly tower hobbies is dropping traxxas because of the suit,

Now I am just more confused, haha

Last edited:
View attachment 11536 I couldn't help more reading...im finding supposedly tower hobbies is dropping traxxas because of the suit,

Now I am just more confused, haha
They dropped almost all of there traxxas stuff a couple of weeks ago already. They still had a couple of vehicles but they stopped selling most of them.

Interesting enough at the dutch traxxas gold dealer they are still available. Some even have some special actions like the big rock.
So at least here this issue does not seem to be of any influence

Awesome beast that big rock is by the way. It is that over the last two months i spend way to much money on the 4 rc's that i purchased. Otherwise i would have picked that thing up.

I'm not worried about parts. The parts that are generic are generic and you'll be able to get them and the specialty parts, those you tend to replace with upgraded parts anyway.

Regarding the suit, the first thing is always the injunction. If that's not lifted in relative short order then maybe concern yourself.

Well, a lot of real scale racing cars like a formula 1 car do have thid type of suspension. Make totally sense since it reduces the moving weight of the suspension, thus enhancing contact with th road!

Let's see what comes out of this.
What does worry me is that Arrma's connected brand Team Durango is out of business....

I'm worried about it. Arrma has an awesome line up of rcs. Not sure if you were able to order from Arrmas website but there is no longer a "add to cart" button. You can view your cart but can't put nothing in it. At least not on my I phone.

Hi guys, first time poster on the forum, but I just had to say this. I find traxxas' actions deplorable I'm going to sell my tmaxx and already informed my wife her rustler is going too. I can't support a business that's trying to win the market by eliminating the consumers choice. I was hoping to add a Nero to my collection (already have 2 granites) but honestly I think I'm leaning towards an outcast now solely due to parts availability

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back