Chassis Materials: Arrma's false advertising

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I routinely jump my exb a measured 100’ and haven't had an issue with the chassis. I agree with 2 things in this thread, there are definitely stronger chassis’s to be had and it would be foolish for HH to lie about material. There’s always a chance their Chinese supplier is less than truthful about material though🤷🏼‍♂️
This conversation is heading in a good direction and questions should be asked about the quality of the high prices we are paying for this stuff.

But lets keep it real, guys seem to want to mimic those clowns on YouTube—who get free poop from all these companies and don’t spent a dime on their toys, just chasing “like” and “subscribe”— and launch their toys off of whatever cliff is by their home.

Then when it breaks they want to cry that it’s cheap. Reality check—launching your toy 100+ feet in the air doesn’t make you a professional anything. Just a mimic and cry baby on this forum who ends up having buyers regret because you spent rent or mortgage money just to get some likes on YouTube. Some of you take attention away from valid issues. THERE ISNT A COMPANY OUT THERE WHO WARRANTIES ANY VEHICLE FROM EXTREME ABUSE!

Go join a real competition and put your driving and mechanic skills to the test.

I listen cause I feel for people who has crappy experiences with the hobby.
If anything I think everyone knows the risks involved and have to vent frustrations. When I bend my chassis I'll be venting too as I order my aftermarket chassis. lol
That’s why I don’t bash! I have a great time driving fast but doing everything I can to keep it on the ground. Just me!

That’s why I don’t bash! I have a great time driving fast but doing everything I can to keep it on the ground. Just me!
Lol I hear you. I know everyone likes to have fun with their toys.

You know companies like to over advertise so that we can break them and spend more money on parts. These cars aren’t indestructible. There is some fun in repairing them also, but I’m not trying to destroy my car and cut the fun short.

This conversation is heading in a good direction and questions should be asked about the quality of the high prices we are paying for this stuff.

But lets keep it real, guys seem to want to mimic those clowns on YouTube—who get free poop from all these companies and don’t spent a dime on their toys, just chasing “like” and “subscribe”— and launch their toys off of whatever cliff is by their home.

Then when it breaks they want to cry that it’s cheap. Reality check—launching your toy 100+ feet in the air doesn’t make you a professional anything. Just a mimic and cry baby on this forum who ends up having buyers regret because you spent rent or mortgage money just to get some likes on YouTube. Some of you take attention away from valid issues. THERE ISNT A COMPANY OUT THERE WHO WARRANTIES ANY VEHICLE FROM EXTREME ABUSE!

Go join a real competition and put your driving and mechanic skills to the test.
For the record I don’t have a YouTube channel, or instagram, or anything else that anyone can like or subscribe to. I said I haven’t had a problem with my chassis and didn’t claim to be professional anything. I like sending my rigs big, it’s what brings a smile to my face while using rc.

For the record I don’t have a YouTube channel, or instagram, or anything else that anyone can like or subscribe to. I said I haven’t had a problem with my chassis and didn’t claim to be professional anything. I like sending my rigs big, it’s what brings a smile to my face while using rc.
I wasn’t directing this at you, really. Was pointing out that I’ve seen people on YouTube smashing their arrma cars into trees then saying dumb crap like, “I’m not happy with Arrma because my chassis bent”. Whoever believes that any of these cars can’t break just by chance of landing in the simple but just the wrong way, they are fantasizing.

All good tho man.

I wasn’t directing this at you, really. Was pointing out that I’ve seen people on YouTube smashing their arrma cars into trees then saying dumb crap like, “I’m not happy with Arrma because my chassis bent”. Whoever believes that any of these cars can’t break just by chance of landing in the simple but just the wrong way, they are fantasizing.

All good tho man.

I've had zero bad landings with my Kraton 6s EXB, hell I never even really sent it like I do my Outcast and the chassis is already bent in the rear after only 3 outings.

We can sit here and argue about breaking parts all day long but at the end of the day that doesn't change the fact that their materials don't appear to be what they claim to be which is the point of this thread, not about us breaking parts do to our negligence.

Did some testing during one of my recent tear downs and noted the following:
  1. The stock EXB chassis is more flexible than the thicker m2c chassis, m2c is much stiffer, very noticeable
  2. stock exb chassis with chassis braces feels similar in stiffness to the m2c chassis, but there is nothing bridging the middle so middle is still flexible in the middle
  3. t2t brace improves stiffness further, there is nothing else that adds stiffness is the way the t2t adds stiffness, especially for the middle
  4. m2c chassis without the chassis braces is very similar to exb with braces - you might have similar performance with just m2c and no chassis braces
  5. m2c chassis braces, chassis, and exb t2t brace feels multiple times stiffer than the exb stuff

I've had zero bad landings with my Kraton 6s EXB, hell I never even really sent it like I do my Outcast and the chassis is already bent in the rear after only 3 outings.

We can sit here and argue about breaking parts all day long but at the end of the day that doesn't change the fact that their materials don't appear to be what they claim to be which is the point of this thread, not about us breaking parts do to our negligence.
Yes, you’re correct. But that’s exactly what I said—these companies over advertise. They can tell you it’s made of Adamantium, but doesn’t mean it is.

I’ve always made the argument about cheap parts, and expensive for no reason. I work hard for my money and I could care less about supporting small companies just because… when I feel they are ripping me off. This is about 2 billon industry and most of it is in replacement parts and upgrades. What does that tell you?

What are we gonna do about these cheap parts? I’m being genuine. I’m an addict just like most you. I want my poop to be the best and it’s hard with all of these trashy stock parts.
Did some testing during one of my recent tear downs and noted the following:
  1. The stock EXB chassis is more flexible than the thicker m2c chassis, m2c is much stiffer, very noticeable
  2. stock exb chassis with chassis braces feels similar in stiffness to the m2c chassis, but there is nothing bridging the middle so middle is still flexible in the middle
  3. t2t brace improves stiffness further, there is nothing else that adds stiffness is the way the t2t adds stiffness, especially for the middle
  4. m2c chassis without the chassis braces is very similar to exb with braces - you might have similar performance with just m2c and no chassis braces
  5. m2c chassis braces, chassis, and exb t2t brace feels multiple times stiffer than the exb stuff
Here’s a weird idea

Take two regular stock chassis and use them over eachother… longer screws, stock plastic chassis braces to save on weight… Maybe one or two issues to overcome with the front bumper…

Last edited:
Yes, you’re correct. But that’s exactly what I said—these companies over advertise. They can tell you it’s made of Adamantium, but doesn’t mean it is.

I’ve always made the argument about cheap parts, and expensive for no reason. I work hard for my money and I could care less about supporting small companies just because… when I feel they are ripping me off. This is about 2 billon industry and most of it is in replacement parts and upgrades. What does that tell you?

What are we gonna do about these cheap parts? I’m being genuine. I’m an addict just like most you. I want my poop to be the best and it’s hard with all of these trashy stock parts.

Here’s a weird idea

Take two regular stock chassis and use them over eachother… longer screws, stock plastic chassis braces to save on weight… Maybe one or two issues to overcome with the front bumper…

I don't really like that idea (stacking two on top of eachother), it's just not for me. I'd rather they just make a single chassis our of 2.5mm steel plate

I will say though that the m2c chassis, m2c braces, and the exb t2t is PLENTY stiff, I have no worry about that. I'm far more worried about what I hit these days than the toy itself. I really is crazy how strong the thing is fully upgraded.

EDIT: I have some stainless laying around and my uncle in law used to be a sheet metal guy, I might ask him to build me a chassis out of stainless for shits and giggles

I don't really like that idea (stacking two on top of eachother), it's just not for me. I'd rather they just make a single chassis our of 2.5mm steel plate

I will say though that the m2c chassis, m2c braces, and the exb t2t is PLENTY stiff, I have no worry about that. I'm far more worried about what I hit these days than the toy itself. I really is crazy how strong the thing is fully upgraded.

EDIT: I have some stainless laying around and my uncle in law used to be a sheet metal guy, I might ask him to build me a chassis out of stainless for shits and giggles
That might be cool. Would love to see it if you get it.

I have my kraton fully loaded. My m2c chassis, braces and other aluminum parts have never bent or broken in 8 months of rough/tough usage. When they do break I won’t be mad.

I race it for recreation against truggies and whatever anyone takes to the track and it’s no joke. I love how it performs and out performs. I do make some pretty big jumps, 40-50 feet and keep on moving.

Would I be doing all that I do with stock parts… nah!

This is Godzilla

EAC9BE42-45A4-40E0-B4CA-D4FAA73C0318.jpeg

FADCE201-A1A3-41E5-AA54-C9A08FEB3B77.jpeg

C7DF73C5-BDB5-4B21-A7D4-51001AEFA27E.jpeg

It's pretty simple, Stay with the BLX or shell out the extra for EXB. If you don't trust the company to sell you what they say, why are you still here? Go over to Tekno or TLR. They have been around long enough, I don't hear anyone saying they lie about their stuff. MT410 will out bash the Outcast and their buggies are podium regulars. There is better stuff out there, thats not aftermarket. Stock. I don't understand the issues, if you haven't worked with metal- grinding, cutting welding ect. and are just going off what you think or see or you heard from the hobby shop guy... then you are talking about stuff you don't know about....

It's pretty simple, Stay with the BLX or shell out the extra for EXB. If you don't trust the company to sell you what they say, why are you still here? Go over to Tekno or TLR. They have been around long enough, I don't hear anyone saying they lie about their stuff. MT410 will out bash the Outcast and their buggies are podium regulars. There is better stuff out there, thats not aftermarket. Stock. I don't understand the issues, if you haven't worked with metal- grinding, cutting welding ect. and are just going off what you think or see or you heard from the hobby shop guy... then you are talking about stuff you don't know about....
Wow Damn. You’re one of those huh? I won’t even bother pointing out the many flaws in your rant—but you must have been one of the original inventors of rc cars since you didn’t have to “think” “see” “hear” about anything to learn about this here hobby. God bless you. Also good to know you have so many skills.

I have many cars, including all the ones you mentioned. All the companies do the same poop. Right now we are here talking about this one. Why did that bother you so much? I love arrma, man. I have 4 of them.

Is it okay to say that the Fireteam sucks?

Wow Damn. You’re one of those huh? I won’t even bother pointing out the many flaws in your rant—but you must have been one of the original inventors of rc cars since you didn’t have to “think” “see” “hear” about anything to learn about this here hobby. God bless you. Also good to know you have so many skills.

I have many cars, including all the ones you mentioned. All the companies do the same poop. Right now we are here talking about this one. Why did that bother you so much? I love arrma, man. I have 4 of them.

Is it okay to say that the Fireteam sucks?
Ya, I'm one of those. You say you have issues with my opinion but fail to mention them. Are you mad bro? Take a breath, take a walk count to 10 lol I couldn't care either way what other like or don't... It's your opinion. not a fact. My issue isn't with brands at all, it's about crapping on a company with pure speculation. I'm not claiming to be an expert anything. but I'm also not saying a company that is vary established is ripping off and lying to its rabid, loyal fanbase. Just saying that if I was saying something was garbage I would hope said person knew about said crap and not just guessing. "I didn't even jump 1,000'" is not proof of anything...

So because I don't believe that Arrma actually makes their parts out of 7075 I should go to a different brand? Okay I'll get right on that chief.
Did you see me say I was a metallurgist? No, I even stated that I wasn't even close to being an expert on metals. So I can't use the fact that I have and I repeatedly see people easily bend the EXB chassis' I shouldn't use that as proof that someone isn't telling the whole truth? Now you are just being silly.............

You do realize that I have been here for quite some time and that I am a member of the staff right? So no I'm not just going to pack up and go to a different brand because I think Arrma isn't being 100% truthful about what their products may or may not be made of.............

Joined Aug 21, 2017

34632423retdgd.jpg

So because I don't believe that Arrma actually makes their parts out of 7075 I should go to a different brand? Okay I'll get right on that chief.
Did you see me say I was a metallurgist? No, I even stated that I wasn't even close to being an expert on metals. So I can't use the fact that I have and I repeatedly see people easily bend the EXB chassis' I shouldn't use that as proof that someone isn't telling the whole truth? Now you are just being silly.............

You do realize that I have been here for quite some time and that I am a member of the staff right? So no I'm not just going to pack up and go to a different brand because I think Arrma isn't being 100% truthful about what their products may or may not be made of.............

Joined Aug 21, 2017

View attachment 203203
Hey, I used worked in a fab shop, what do I know? :unsure: I'm just the NFG, I'll see my way to time out....where's the dunce cap??

Ya, I'm one of those. You say you have issues with my opinion but fail to mention them. Are you mad bro? Take a breath, take a walk count to 10 lol I couldn't care either way what other like or don't... It's your opinion. not a fact. My issue isn't with brands at all, it's about crapping on a company with pure speculation. I'm not claiming to be an expert anything. but I'm also not saying a company that is vary established is ripping off and lying to its rabid, loyal fanbase. Just saying that if I was saying something was garbage I would hope said person knew about said crap and not just guessing. "I didn't even jump 1,000'" is not proof of anything...
Okay okay
Fact: my chassis didn’t bend
Fact: several of my friends chassis have bent (not a fact to you because you weren’t there, of course)
Fact: Arrma is so far my favorite brand
Fact: I have tekno, traxxas, arrma, redcat, tlr and they all have flaws—because like I said, if they made perfect cars, they wouldn’t make money on after market parts.
Fact: I earn my money, I’m a consumer just like you, better business bureau does exist for a reason, no one knows if the car is as promised until you put it on the ground—and at that point it can’t be returned—BECAUSE THEY don't BELIEVE OR TRUST US WHEN WE SAY SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT, so tell me again why we should religiously trust them?

Come on man, don’t kick me off the forum for this.
Hey, I used worked in a fab shop, what do I know? :unsure: I'm just the NFG, I'll see my way to time out....where's the dunce cap??
So just tell us the process instead of slapping us around. It’s just a good discussion. I’ve learn a lot from everyone here and the people I’ve come across and from some of those idiots on YouTube like Kevin Talbot who gets free poop and doesn’t have to worry about destroying cars.

Last edited:
No reason to leave, don't let nobody run ya off lol, we all have disagreements sometimes, nothing wrong with that.

No reason to leave, don't let nobody run ya off lol, we all have disagreements sometimes, nothing wrong with that.
Lol I wasn't planning on leaving, just not posting my views and opinions on topics of debate after this :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back