Chassis Materials: Arrma's false advertising

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adiabatic

Doing it myself and doing myself in
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Bent my Kraton V5 chassis recently and had to take the truck apart to straighten it. It bends very easily in a vice, much more easily than 1/8" 6061-T6 plate, so this is obviously not 6061-T6 as advertised. Behaves more like 6061-0.

Reports around here suggest that the EXB chassis on 6s and 8s cars bends easily and characteristically like untempered aluminum while being somewhat stronger than the V5 chassis, so some have speculated that it is 7075-0 and it's certainly not 7075-T6 as advertised.

Is anyone here in a position to seriously question Arrma about why their products are showing up with parts made from weaker grades of material than what they're claiming? Especially with the recent price hikes I think we ought to know the reason we're not getting what we think we're paying for.

when I have the funding I'm going to try to get the materials of all there parts but considering they have divits and they designed it to be stronger if it was true 7075 t6 it would be much stronger than a m2c racing chassis everywhere but the center even though the chassis 1mm thinner

Wishful thinking that someone might have an XRF analyzer to unequivocally determine what grade of aluminum these chassis are made of....
you can also test it by what temperature it melts at. the different alloys melt at different temperatures

Bent my Kraton V5 chassis recently and had to take the truck apart to straighten it. It bends very easily in a vice, much more easily than 1/8" 6061-T6 plate, so this is obviously not 6061-T6 as advertised. Behaves more like 6061-0.

Reports around here suggest that the EXB chassis on 6s and 8s cars bends easily and characteristically like untempered aluminum while being somewhat stronger than the V5 chassis, so some have speculated that it is 7075-0 and it's certainly not 7075-T6 as advertised.

Is anyone here in a position to seriously question Arrma about why their products are showing up with parts made from weaker grades of material than what they're claiming? Especially with the recent price hikes I think we ought to know the reason we're not getting what we think we're paying for.
I have a feeling it is 7075-0.

Yeah I'm also not impressed with the EXB, it's so soft. Really a wast of money and time

My story short, brand new Kraton exp. First run it's snap those shock standoff on a very little jump after a couple minutes, then the steering rack bent every ride, then the 3 ride is chassis like a banana, then some shock stand off. Servo mount is crap to.

I'm been upgraded it to take of all that monkey metal Exb, still not finished yet

So now I'm run a M2C chassis, M2C shock stand off, M2C tower brace, Alza racing steering rack,

That supposed to being the same material with it's definitely not is.

I'm really disappointed on those Exb cars

My next car is going to be built with a M2C chassis and no exb

Yeah I'm also not impressed with the EXB, it's so soft. Really a wast of money and time

My story short, brand new Kraton exp. First run it's snap those shock standoff on a very little jump after a couple minutes, then the steering rack bent every ride, then the 3 ride is chassis like a banana, then some shock stand off. Servo mount is crap to.

I'm been upgraded it to take of all that monkey metal Exb, still not finished yet

So now I'm run a M2C chassis, M2C shock stand off, M2C tower brace, Alza racing steering rack,

Only thing I've had issues with so far is the chassis on my EXB bent rather easily.

I think I'm going to try Scorched RC and go for a titanium build.

agree totally. bent chassis 2nd run then the front shock tower then the steering rack and problems with exb diffs. the radio gear is crap also. this is on the talion EXB 700 pounds as well :(

I'm no expert in metals or bending RC chassis, but I'm pretty sure a legit test would show that the material used is whats advertised.
If you truly think about the forces thats happening on the chassis while bashing it really shouldnt be surprising that it bends.
Any company has too much to lose by this degree of false advertising over something thats very easy to have tested.
This is just my opinion of course and would love this topic to be put to rest.
Arrma I'm sure know's the word about their chassis going around
that its weak and not made of what they say it is, and they should guarantee it so as to challenge us, the customer, to prove them wrong.
But until its tested this subject will be around for as long as bashers exist.
Wishful thinking that someone might have an XRF analyzer to unequivocally determine what grade of aluminum these chassis are made of....
I agree this would be the only true way to test it. For the very least amount of $1000 or so one could pretty much ruin a company's reputation.
I personally don't think Arrma would take that risk. But if I'm wrong, the first to do so could get paid some pretty nice hush money.
STOP IT! BLACKMAILING IS ILLEGAL!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::unsure:

Last edited:
you can also test it by what temperature it melts at. the different alloys melt at different temperatures
Right everyone, let's get melting those chassis's ;):LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

P.S. I'm calling Chinesium on all Arrma chassis including the EXB, they all bend far too easily.!!

P.S. I'm calling Chinesium on all Arrma chassis including the EXB, they all bend far too easily.!!
swing out dance GIF

Internet speculation and crackerjack PHD's :ROFLMAO: LOL sorry I couldn't resist. If you think Arrma, or Horizon for that matter would risk another lawsuit to cheat the consumer out of a few bucks your crazy. I don't even bother to listen to people explain how or what happened to their stuff any more lol " I only went off a 2 foot jump on 1s and it was on 50% power with LVC kicking in and the diff just exploded! My (insert 2wd plastic junk) would take that all day!" I don't understand it, these rigs are getting better and better with each version. Why are more people complaining now more than ever?

Internet speculation and crackerjack PHD's :ROFLMAO: LOL sorry I couldn't resist. If you think Arrma, or Horizon for that matter would risk another lawsuit to cheat the consumer out of a few bucks your crazy. I don't even bother to listen to people explain how or what happened to their stuff any more lol " I only went off a 2 foot jump on 1s and it was on 50% power with LVC kicking in and the diff just exploded! My (insert 2wd plastic junk) would take that all day!" I don't understand it, these rigs are getting better and better with each version. Why are more people complaining now more than ever?
I listen cause I feel for people who has crappy experiences with the hobby.
If anything I think everyone knows the risks involved and have to vent frustrations. When I bend my chassis I'll be venting too as I order my aftermarket chassis. lol

Whatever the material is the m2c is a heck of a lot stronger. I've been testing it out on my own and you are really getting strong aluminum with the m2c stuff. Even fully upgraded there is still flex, but way less than the stock exb cars. The m2c chassis alone feels stiffer than the EXB chassis with the m2c braces. EXB braces are even worse (by a mile). I was considering a build with no braces and just the m2c chassis.

I think people are so used to seeing these get launched they are assuming they can take ANYTHING. They are still pretty tough and last just take care of it lol

IMG_5644.PNG

Whatever the material is the m2c is a heck of a lot stronger. I've been testing it out on my own and you are really getting strong aluminum with the m2c stuff. Even fully upgraded there is still flex, but way less than the stock exb cars. The m2c chassis alone feels stiffer than the EXB chassis with the m2c braces. EXB braces are even worse (by a mile). I was considering a build with no braces and just the m2c chassis.
well, it is thicker so it should feel stiffer lol the stock is 3mm the M2C is 4mm
Yes we all know that the aftermarket thicker custom made stuff is better than stock chineeseinum but people are crying about the price now add in a $135 chassis lol

Last edited:
I think people are so used to seeing these get launched they are assuming they can take ANYTHING. They are still pretty tough and last just take care of it lol

View attachment 201639

well, it is thicker so it should feel stiffer lol the stock is 3mm the M2C is 4mm
Yes we all know that the aftermarket thicker custom made stuff is better than stock chineeseinum but people are crying about the price now add in a $135 chassis lol

Yes, I agree the thicker chassis is obviously stronger, but I mean overall, I've tested each piece EXB and m2c, every single one. And they are ALL stronger, and most of them are not heavier. Although the chassis is 100gr heavier or so.

I listen cause I feel for people who has crappy experiences with the hobby.
If anything I think everyone knows the risks involved and have to vent frustrations. When I bend my chassis I'll be venting too as I order my aftermarket chassis. lol
I feel for people that have bad experiences too,for sure but I tend to only believe what I see. Youtube is great at showing why it broke. Yes you can edit and use tricks ect but for the most part you see the speed, the jump, the snowy winter temps ect. as well as the BAD DRIVING! so many times I hear someone badmouth a car then I see how they drive (or try to ) LOL
Yes, I agree the thicker chassis is obviously stronger, but I mean overall, I've tested each piece EXB and m2c, every single one. And they are ALL stronger, and most of them are not heavier. Although the chassis is 100gr heavier or so.
Ya, they make good stuff. Not sure what the point is though, are you wanting that for EXB price? Your comparing custom designed, hand made in the USA parts to Mass produced Chineese stuff.

Last edited:
I feel for people that have bad experiences too,for sure but I tend to only believe what I see. Youtube is great at showing why it broke. Yes you can edit and use tricks ect but for the most part you see the speed, the jump, the snowy winter temps ect. as well as the BAD DRIVING! so many times I hear someone badmouth a car then I see how they drive (or try to ) LOL
I got you. I didnt mean to intend that you don't care about peoples bad luck.
But yes...I think people expect too much from the stock/EXB chassis.
There are also the chassis benders that see it as a right of passage....the true basher! (not me...I cant afford that):ROFLMAO:

You cant pull off that killer triple flip on the 1st try so a bent chassis is most likely to happen.
Kinda like that saying "you can't make an omelet without choking your chicken",oh wait, without "cracking egg's"...whatever! something like that! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I routinely jump my exb a measured 100’ and haven't had an issue with the chassis. I agree with 2 things in this thread, there are definitely stronger chassis’s to be had and it would be foolish for HH to lie about material. There’s always a chance their Chinese supplier is less than truthful about material though🤷🏼‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back