ALL NEW 1/5 8S VIGILANTE from REDCAT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kudos to Traxxas engineers for making their XMAXX so light.
It looks like RedCat clearly tried to copy it. I am amazed they added 4-5 lbs with this truck that looks so similar.

I have always been a believer that weight has a significant impact on bashers.
True, apparently all plastic trucks are not created equal..😉😂🍻

Kudos to Traxxas engineers for making their XMAXX so light.
It looks like RedCat clearly tried to copy it. I am amazed they added 4-5 lbs with this truck that looks so similar.

I have always been a believer that weight has a significant impact on bashers.
The Ultimate is 25lbs and that X-maxx body is paper.

No sure if it's the older age or what, but sometimes just driving around without jumping is oddly fun

I think more technical flat-landing is right up there with jumping for fun. Whatever floats your boat, no wrong way to have a good time!

The Ultimate is 25lbs and that X-maxx body is paper.
Good point, I didn't realize the ultimate package added that much. I suspect the Xmaxx will be a bit tougher than the Vigilante, even in Xmaxx base form. Which I still think is a better value than the ultimate. However, watching Exocaged vids, the Vigilante really handles well for what it is I think. As someone who spends more time on a track than jumping, I like the Vigilante.

As someone who spends more time on a track than jumping, I like the Vigilante.

Then that gets you into the argument towards a truggy like platform (Like the Kraton) instead of high center of gravity layout like this one.

Then that gets you into the argument towards a truggy like platform (Like the Kraton) instead of high center of gravity layout like this one.
True, which is why I have a K8S too, LOL if finaces permitted, I would also have an XRT. Also worth mentioning is that my rendition of a track is pretty much an obstacle course through the woods, ground clearance is a bonus.

It looks nice and prehaps it handle better than a xmaxx but out of the box sending too much power to non belted ballooning friendly front tires, who want that?
Definitely interested but since I don't live the states it may be hard to find.

Big RC I want to be able to fit very big lipo packs but I am not so sure here.
A bit like a (big Rock you want).

Last edited:
Gotta say, I don’t completely love exocaged, but I’m gonna assume that is all his compound and man is that a dream or what?
I'd probably have a tent & sleeping bag and permanently live out there if I had an RC area like that lol.
SN: I will own one of those Vigilantes at some point 🤷‍♂️😁

I'd probably have a tent & sleeping bag and permanently live out there if I had an RC area like that lol.
SN: I will own one of those Vigilantes at some point 🤷‍♂️😁

Yeah, once Redcat, Tower or King Cobra have a good sale on them, I’ll probably have to grab one.

Looking good for the Vigilante. BTW RC is teasing ANOTHER release on 03/20/24. Damn, they ain't playing. Even if you don't like RC, you still have to applaud their effort. 👍
Yeah for sure their more recent stuff is worlds better than their HSP rebrands of yesteryear.

Some of us remember Traxxas being the cheap pos brand. Then the T-Maxx hit and the world changed. Redcat is 1 RC car from greatness, they been doing real well of late with drift cars and the kaiju.

This playground is :love:.

"I do gotta tell ya ESC is going good" OG G1 Max6 FTW :cool:
Great ESC. My X-Maxx Max 5 ESC is like 5 years old. And it's been through A LOT. Even a battery that went up in smoke. Plus all the crazy jumps, construction bashing, 'and even two cracked chassis!

Great ESC. My X-Maxx Max 5 ESC is like 5 years old. And it's been through A LOT. Even a battery that went up in smoke. Plus all the crazy jumps, construction bashing, 'and even two cracked chassis!
I'm convinced that ESC is more than capable, I'm actually a little impressed. Literally the only thing I'd do to this truck is up the pinion. This rig looks pretty well put together from the factory.

So maybe not to start a war here, but watching exocaged's video with the 30ft jump of the vigilante had me wonder: what should we really expect from this truck? I'd love me a 5th scale, but I don't see myself buying a $1000 rig anytime soon. If I was getting one, I'd be trying to figure out if I'd really be doing massive jumps with it anyway and whether 1) another 5th scale option would be worth an extra $200, 2) whether another 5th scale option would stand up to flat landings from that high. Idk about most of you, but I don't have thousands to throw away at an xmaxx or k8s or vigilante while sending them to the moon and then replacing parts every other bash.

Back