ALL NEW 1/5 8S VIGILANTE from REDCAT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like an Xmaxx copy that everyone on here will swoon and rave about, but at the same time say the Xmaxx is junk.

That being said, I am excited about another new addition to the market. Competition only helps the consumer.
I love my upgraded Xmaxx. I've had it for about 5 years now. Very little issues and it takes a lot of abuse. My XRT is pretty good too.

Those front tires sure love to turn into pizza cutters. Looks like it has lots of power.
Yeah, the center diff had to be thickened up. It's very easy to get to it too. It's kind of like a giant Kauji, but it looks more durable than the Kaiju indeed.

I don't like that it's a 2 piece chassis it's a built in weak spot, it's going to want to separate at that point every time you land hard pressure is going to go right there it'll be constantly pushing and pulling at that point.
It has a lot of bracing though. It might be fine. Only time will tell.

OK Team Corally, you're up next!

Hopefully this is better than the R5 that thing was such a failure that Redcat actually recalled every single one they sold
Hopefully we won't have that person here that hates RC and all they do is trash the RC 😂😅. It looks better than the R5 so far. The R5 would have fallen apart after the few jumps that I've seen with the vigilante

I've only watched a few minutes of the one video but so far I am going to assume that this is from the same manufacturer as the Kaiju.

I’ve been nonchalantly looking for an 8S Kraton roller and let’s just say I’m glad for waiting.

Now in Vigilante roller mode.
These rollers should be quite a few pennies less than the Arrma 1/5 rollers. Looks like a great platform to build on too. I'll be keeping my eyes on roller prices also.

These rollers should be quite a few pennies less than the Arrma 1/5 rollers. Looks like a great platform to build on too. I'll be keeping my eyes on roller prices also.
It’d be a dynamic and robust performer on 6S with a G2 system IMO. 8mm shaft and a geared up 5690 will be the ticket, that motor can needs to be supported on the back to hang on up and down my send hill.

Last edited:
Cool to see the limiting straps! Shocks have built in bump stops, large bearings, lots of nice details. Hope it is as durable as it looks.

Nice this looks like a scaled up Kaiju! They've incorporated some elements from the shredder as well (upper arm design). My big prediction right now is that the turnbuckles will be on the thin side, similar to how they are the in the kaiju. I think those will break easily, but should be an easy upgrade. I like that they've made plenty of room for a longer motor. Tires look almost like copies from the kaiju tires, which is good since I've liked mine okay so far. Chassis is lwb so it will handle more like the EXT than the OG kaiju.

I have the TA MT10 and the kaiju, why not this? Then I can have three trucks at three different scales all based off the same design (y)

I'm interested. For sure.

If (and hopefully when) M2C racing comes out with with a chassis or chassis brace, this thing looks like it could potentially be the best 1/5 scale basher out there. We’ll see how she holds up.

Looks like an actual truck, what?! LOL. Definitely looks like a scaled up Kaiju/MT8, which also bares much resemblance to Maxx/Xmaxx.. if it's anywhere near as durable, should be a nice option.
So far so good with not too huge jumps from what I've seen from a couple of YT videos, but they didn't have any bad landings either 😅. It definitely needs a bigger pinion, motor support in the rear, thicker diff fluid, and probably a better servo.

So far so good with not too huge jumps from what I've seen from a couple of YT videos, but they didn't have any bad landings either 😅. It definitely needs a bigger pinion, motor support in the rear, thicker diff fluid, and probably a better servo.
At 4lb heavier than an Xmaxx, yeah, it'll need an upgrade to keep pace I suppose. Surprised it doesn't steer well with a 70kg servo.. I suspect the 70kg may be a bit over rated? That seems to be the case with most DS servos in my experience. Still, it's really a nice looking truck. Not believing it'll beat out the Arrma or TRX 8s in durability, but I believe "I'd" have a lot of fun with a Vigilante.. I wonder if M2C or others will support this truck? That's likely what it would take to be "hard bash" worthy I suspect. Guess we'll have to wait and see where things go.

Back