Wrapped tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Been thinking about wrapping some buggy tires to take care of ballooning, I have a bunch of 65# powerpro braided fishing line left over from spooling my fishing reels. Could I use that as wrapping material? What kind of glue would hold it on there? I've looked around & I don't want to spend the $$ on thrashed tires if I can use stuff on hand. I've got medium & thin tire glue. Just wondering if it could work (don't want to wrap that line around ANYTHING spinning that fast!! Thanks for some knowledge 🙃

The right size rubber o-ring can help. I use 3D printed o-rings made with a flexible plastic and they work great.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t. I’m an avid fisherman and braided will cut through stuff faster than my screen name. I’d use mono.
I guess I didn't think about the cutting part, was thinking about the 0 stretch w/ the braid (I have more than 1 scar on my fingers from snags!!!). I would think mono would stretch too much- @ least with me on the throttle/ reel 🤣🤣
I guess I didn't think about the cutting part, was thinking about the 0 stretch w/ the braid (I have more than 1 scar on my fingers from snags!!!). I would think mono would stretch too much- @ least with me on the throttle/ reel 🤣🤣
What kind of glue works best? I'll can try lots of different fishing line. Always have some lying around. BTW, where I live the weather & fishing have not gotten along this winter & this buggy has become my new obsession!! 🤣🤣

Last edited:
I use 200 lb Kevlar cord from amazon with some flexible CA glue. Works great. I don't even tie the ends together just make sure they are nicely glued. Wrap it like 3 times around and hit the ends real good with the glue and a couple other spots around the tire and should be golden

I use 200 lb Kevlar cord from amazon with some flexible CA glue. Works great. I don't even tie the ends together just make sure they are nicely glued. Wrap it like 3 times around and hit the ends real good with the glue and a couple other spots around the tire and should be

I use 200 lb Kevlar cord from amazon with some flexible CA glue. Works great. I don't even tie the ends together just make sure they are nicely glued. Wrap it like 3 times around and hit the ends real good with the glue and a couple other spots around the tire and should be golden
Ic-2000 work on treads? Solvent before I assume?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back