Which electric screwdriver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once it arrives I'll be happy to help. Sounds safe at face considering they'll accept returns.
its been good so far no challenges apart from not knowing how to set the clutch to avoid screws or actually the plastic to strip what levels do you set yours to for the different materials to avoid any stipping?

@slick2500 ? idk where I’d be without all my power tools. Though if you knew how much money I’ve got in tools, that’d give you another reason to be happy

@slick2500 ? idk where I’d be without all my power tools. Though if you knew how much money I’ve got in tools, that’d give you another reason to be happy
Man I had to look back to see what I had even posted in this thread lol

I've been thinking about going with this same setup as well. The only thing I hate is it's not a Dewalt which I have a ton of tools already. So it would be two different battery and charger types.
I’m going to tell you that I never buy DeWALT tools for work. My whole van is decked out in Milwaukee and Hilti only.

That said, I bought the DeWALT gyro driver for my RC toolbox. I own almost every M12 Fuel tool and they are great for stuff bigger than RC. But they are too large for RC tooling IMO. The DeWALT is perfectly sized and I find an in-line driver is much better suited for RC (and PC) style work over the right angle handled drivers.

Getting back into RC and recently bought the MIP 3 set of drivers. I also want to get a lightweight electric screwdriver. Any other good options for speed tips or should I just buy MIP? Also, what sizes should I get other than standard 1.5, 2,2.5?

Getting back into RC and recently bought the MIP 3 set of drivers. I also want to get a lightweight electric screwdriver. Any other good options for speed tips or should I just buy MIP? Also, what sizes should I get other than standard 1.5, 2,2.5?

Which car(s) do you have? For a Granite and a Kraton 6S, I only need 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5.

The gyro is a deal breaker for me, in theory it sounds intuitive, but in practice from what I’ve seen it can put your wrist into awkward positions trying to get more rpm.

Has anyone owned both the Milwaukee M12 and the DeWALT gyro screwdriver? I prefer the traditional trigger style driver but what to keep things compact and light.
I own almost every M12 Fuel tool as well as the DeWALT gyro screwdriver and hands down the DeWALT is way better for RC work.

I'm leaning towards the Milwaukee M12 but want to make sure it is not too heavy and if there are other similar trigger style options out there.
I’ve got m12 and Dewalt 12v and personally like the Dewalt better. The Milwaukee handle is unnecessarily large in diameter and therefore less compact and comfortable to me. The only advantage to the m12 is more variety for battery size options. I think the “pen style” drivers for rc Would be a better experience, but I haven’t found one thats extracted the cash from me yet. Dewalt isn’t the first gyro driver and it’s not the only either. Black and decker was the 1st I believe and craftsmen has one at Lowe’s clearanced for $25.

@nino i bought this one today in lidl but there is not clutch? ?

did you get the attachments? there's an 90° angle one, clutch, and a couple of others... by itself it doesn't have a clutch
Screenshot_20200530_145200.jpg

edit: if you got this one, it's not the same as mine, I have a fixed handle ?

Last edited:
did you get the attachments? there's an 90° angle one, clutch, and a couple of others... by itself it doesn't have a clutch
View attachment 83308

edit: if you got this one, it's not the same as mine, I have a fixed handle ?
This is what i bought
20200530_105856.jpg

in manual it say than you can use other adapters ? its just not included with this one...if it can be bought separately, I immediately buy this adapter with a clutch.

Screenshot_20200530-183915_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back