When do U change ur hub bearing or upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean like this stock inside wheel hub bearing 🙄 trashed the front right end on my new Kraton 5 minutes into its maiden run. Bent the driveshaft, broke the drive cup and gouged the arm badly.

View attachment 216930
Dang bro that sux I guess now but the bearing kit now..😮 I think I’m gonna order some new bearing kits cuz it’s a lot work putting grease all the bearing..lol🤣🤣🙊🙊

Dang bro that sux I guess now but the bearing kit now..😮 I think I’m gonna order some new bearing kits cuz it’s a lot work putting grease all the bearing..lol🤣🤣🙊🙊
I have several bearing kits (tbr and Jim’s) and I swap them out as needed. I save all my old bearings. Once I have a couple dozen or more I’ll pull the seals, put them in my sonic cleaner and then grease with superlube.

I have several bearing kits (tbr and Jim’s) and I swap them out as needed. I save all my old bearings. Once I have a couple dozen or more I’ll pull the seals, put them in my sonic cleaner and then grease with superlube.
Oh yeah that’s kool I think I’m gonna do that too..lol where did u get the sonic cleaner at?lol

You mean like this stock inside wheel hub bearing 🙄 trashed the front right end on my new Kraton 5 minutes into its maiden run. Bent the driveshaft, broke the drive cup and gouged the arm badly.

View attachment 216930
This used to happen to me before all too often, until I cleaned and lubed the BB's out the gate, even with New ones. Whether stockers or Upgrade BB's. I get so much more life out of my BB's now. Whether the cheap stockers or upgrades. But at some point they will explode if you don't swap them out first.
Lets face it, at some point carnage, not just wear, will get the best of any BB. Cages will let go, then the seals blow out. Is what it is. Exploding BB's. Rust and No lube contributes to this.
+1
:cool:Exactly how I fly. Recycling old but good BB's when I end up with a large batch of them.
Ultra Sonic cleaner and all. Superlube etc.
I get so much more life out of my BB's.
I buy them much less this way.

Last edited:

View attachment 216930
That's exactly what mine looked like. Mine broke the upper a arm, hub, and sway bar link. Also the drive cup had gouges in it. There is your sign Arrma.

View attachment 216930

Yep...

Had a stock bearing do the same on KEXB and heat/melted the hex into the rear hub. My fault for taking a shortcut on checking my bearings after each run I did wait until the 5th run but no more of that. I keep about10 of each inner/outer wheel bearings from DSM on hand. @SrC I do like DS....like the FastEddie, Jim, and all the others here. DSM is the only one I can find in bulk for under $10 of the same sizes.... maybe I did a bad search on the others 🤣

@Velodromed fell ya Brother sorry about that one been there!

Yep...

Had a stock bearing do the same on KEXB and heat/melted the hex into the rear hub. My fault for taking a shortcut on checking my bearings after each run I did wait until the 5th run but no more of that. I keep about10 of each inner/outer wheel bearings from DSM on hand. @SrC I do like DS....like the FastEddie, Jim, and all the others here. DSM is the only one I can find in bulk for under $10 of the same sizes.... maybe I did a bad search on the others 🤣

Yeah u have a good point on having spares just in case…👌 well I’ll find out how she runs after I grease all the bearings…😮🙊

Oh yeah that’s kool I think I’m gonna do that too..lol where did u get the sonic cleaner at?lol
That’s an old one that my mom never used. Works great with bearings. I’m sure he can get them on Amazon or just about anywhere for pretty cheap now.
Yep...

Thanks bud. It’s all been taken care of by Amazon since it’s brand new. New one will be here Friday and I’ll get rid of those inner bearings right off 😂

That’s an old one that my mom never used. Works great with bearings. I’m sure he can get them on Amazon or just about anywhere for pretty cheap now.

Thanks bud. It’s all been taken care of by Amazon since it’s brand new. New one will be here Friday and I’ll get rid of those inner bearings right off 😂
Oh okay I’ll check it out on Amazon..👌

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back