Vorteks Boost Shock Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joniemaximus

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi i'm after some advice and i can't seem to find an answer. My son has the Vortek Boost 4x2 (upgraded to the 4x4) and he keeps breaking the front suspension (ARA330722 i think). The rod in the strut breaks right at the bottom as it joins the plastic so there's little chance of replacing the bar as i cant get the old one out. Up to yet we've just been replacing them like for like but that doesn't seem viable long term. I know i could get the lower parts separately and keep building them when they break but id rather find a stronger part. From what i can gather its an 87mm long shock but it looks like the boost is notoriously difficult to find replacements for. Can someone point me in the right direction.

I've read through the shock information and upgrade pages but most of the information is for us websites and im struggle to find those parts in the UK.

Any advice would be great thank you.

Have you checked on AliExpress? Sometimes it takes awhile for shipping, but most everything is available there with very good prices.

Hi i'm after some advice and i can't seem to find an answer. My son has the Vortek Boost 4x2 (upgraded to the 4x4) and he keeps breaking the front suspension (ARA330722 i think). The rod in the strut breaks right at the bottom as it joins the plastic so there's little chance of replacing the bar as i cant get the old one out. Up to yet we've just been replacing them like for like but that doesn't seem viable long term. I know i could get the lower parts separately and keep building them when they break but id rather find a stronger part. From what i can gather its an 87mm long shock but it looks like the boost is notoriously difficult to find replacements for. Can someone point me in the right direction.

I've read through the shock information and upgrade pages but most of the information is for us websites and im struggle to find those parts in the UK.

Any advice would be great thank you.

Your best bet is probably going to be Proline Power Strokes for the Slash or the Traxxas GTR shocks. You should be able to get both of them in the Uk.

Proline fronts PRO606300
Proline rears PRO606301

GTR fronts are Tra7461x
GTR rears are Tra7462x

-edit- sorry had a typo in the one part number and for springs for the GTR shocks I'm not sure of the part number but Traxxas makes an assortment of springs for them. Compare the spring rates to the stock Vorteks springs and shoot for something as close as you can.

Last edited:
Your best bet is probably going to be Proline Power Strokes for the Slash or the Traxxas GTR shocks. You should be able to get both of them in the Uk.

Proline fronts PRO606300
Proline rears PRO606301

GTR fronts are Tra7461x
GTR rears are Tra7442x
Good call. I personally prefer the GTR’s.

Thanks i'lll have a look. With the GTRs they generally come without springs, what should i be looking for re the springs?

Back