What's up with these clips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal

I'm on one today
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
These came recommended by a member here, I bought three sets all from same seller all at the same time. Same part number but one package is different than the other two. I haven't opened them up yet but the odd ball clearly has smaller but fatter clips, which I think are gonna suck. We'll see, I'll report back.

PXL_20230524_131706857.jpg

These came recommended by a member here, I bought three sets all from same seller all at the same time. Same part number but one package is different than the other two. I haven't opened them up yet but the odd ball clearly has smaller but fatter clips, which I think are gonna suck. We'll see, I'll report back.

View attachment 301754
I hate those arrma body clips. I usually just buy a whole bunch of the bent ones from amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirec...4d040-5c83-4b7f-ba01-15975dfb8828-spons&psc=1

I found these thumbscrew mounts on ebay, they work great. Same price as Proline except it comes with 12 thumbscrews instead of 4. Also comes with 4 hex studs but I don't think they are in the pictures.

All it takes is cutting the nub off the end of a body mount post, drill about a half inch in with a 1/8 bit, screw in the hex stud and you're done! Super easy compared to clips! Been running them for a couple of months and haven't lost a single thumbscrew yet. I used to lose clips all the time, I've been through at least 2 packs of 50 in the last couple of years! :ROFLMAO:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203545992503?var=503944205849

Proline for comparison:
https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Line-Racing-607002-Thumbwasher-Proline/dp/B009PBUCK8

I found these thumbscrew mounts on ebay, they work great. Same price as Proline except it comes with 12 thumbscrews instead of 4. Also comes with 4 hex studs but I don't think they are in the pictures.

All it takes is cutting the nub off the end of a body mount post, drill about a half inch in with a 1/8 bit, screw in the hex stud and you're done! Super easy compared to clips! Been running them for a couple of months and haven't lost a single thumbscrew yet. I used to lose clips all the time, I've been through at least 2 packs of 50 in the last couple of years! :ROFLMAO:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203545992503?var=503944205849

Proline for comparison:
https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Line-Racing-607002-Thumbwasher-Proline/dp/B009PBUCK8
I too have switched over to the proline style mounts, and found the ebay ones acceptable as well. Prior to that i put my clips in a vice and hammered a bend in them. Made a big difference at that time. For me an older guy/and grandson whos 8 the proline style is the way to go.

Yep, @slick2500 was right. The Arrma clips suck, a struggle to get them in/out, without any notable benefits.. I've tossed all mine. Using whatever I find in quantity for cheap instead these days.

The tethers are nice.

I did keep those to use with standard pins..had to super glue a couple after ripping them with the Arrma pins though😬😠🤯

Shoe goo/E6000 after I get a little rough with removal 👍🏼 Much more forgiving next time

I always have my pins oriented through the posts the same way so glue it with routing that way!

I did keep those to use with standard pins..had to super glue a couple after ripping them with the Arrma pins though😬😠🤯
I just make a new hole.

View attachment 301754
I've had the same experience. Get different one's each time I order them.

Looks like China man on the assembly line messed that one up🤣

View attachment 301754

Well I'm gonna need to track down whoever said these exact ones were really good cause now it seems obvious that they suck. It wasn't too long ago. Feel like I'm being punked.
I don't think they suck. R-clips are R-clips. If they are too tight, either drill the hole out slightly or spread the R-clip slightly.

Well, at least you’re buying them in bulk. Without the tether you’ll need many backups.
Yep, @slick2500 was right. The Arrma clips suck, a struggle to get them in/out, without any notable benefits.. I've tossed all mine. Using whatever I find in quantity for cheap instead these days.
I think @slick2500 prefers them. He just said he simply makes a new hole if necessary, and that he likes the tethers. I prefer them as well.
Well I'm gonna need to track down whoever said these exact ones were really good cause now it seems obvious that they suck. It wasn't too long ago. Feel like I'm being punked.
Could have been me. I not only like them, I’ve popped holes in the bodies of all my non-Arrma rigs just so I can use them. I like the tethers, no more clips dropped in the grass to never be found again.

View attachment 301754
Yeah one of those OE 1/10 bags of Arrma clips was inadvertently bagged with 1/8 Pin clips. That's all. (n)
Crap happens in China.....:LOL:
I am sure HH would send you out the correct ones. Unless you can use them in your 1/8 Arrma rig(s).
Seen this happen before with another Old members post somewhere.

Well, at least you’re buying them in bulk. Without the tether you’ll need many backups.

I think @slick2500 prefers them. He just said he simply makes a new hole if necessary, and that he likes the tethers. I prefer them as well.

Could have been me. I not only like them, I’ve popped holes in the bodies of all my non-Arrma rigs just so I can use them. I like the tethers, no more clips dropped in the grass to never be found again.
I don't dislike the tethers but rather the "R" clips that Arrma puts on the 6s rigs. However, I have to admit I never tried "opening" them up with a pair of pliers to make them easier to install and remove.. that was a suggestion someone posted earlier in this thread. I may need to re-evaluate my assessment on the "R" clips after trying that. The tethers themselves is a brilliant idea I think.👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back