What to do... Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justatree

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
So I have a fury blx and it came with a 4600 mah nimh and I also bought a 5000 mah nimh, I just wanted to know, if I shoukd drain the battery. I do not know the capacity of the battery OTB or should I use it and drain the rest of the battery before I recharge it?

With nimh there is no memory so you don't need to discharge before charging. They have a high rate of internal discharge so you should top them off before use to get the full performance out of them.

With NiMh there is no memory so you don't need to discharge before charging. They have a high rate of internal discharge so you should top them off before use to get the full performance out of them.
Hey BFH, I just wanted to ask about charging... So I was charging my original arrma battery rated at 4600 mah and at 4600 the battery still had not said done charging, at 4700 it was pretty warm... So I just stopped the charging... Should I have waited or did I do the right thing?

Hey BFH, I just wanted to ask about charging... So I was charging my original Arrma battery rated at 4600 mAh and at 4600 the battery still had not said done charging, at 4700 it was pretty warm... So I just stopped the charging... Should I have waited or did I do the right thing?
Warm is normal. Burning hot wouldn't be normal. How many amps are you charging it at?

It will charge higher than its rating. My 3000mah took 3400mah before it shut off. By the time it cooled off it was probably close to rated capacity.

Warm is normal. Burning hot wouldn't be normal. How many amps are you charging it at?

It will charge higher than its rating. My 3000mah took 3400mah before it shut off. By the time it cooled off it was probably close to rated capacity.
I was charging it at 4.6 amps
oh and when do you call it "hot"/ "warm"

Last edited:
So I should leave it and keep an eye if anything goes wrong
Might be safest and get more life out of the pack to charge at 4 amps or less.

If you can keep your hand on it is fine. You should alway keep an eye on your battery's while charging. Long long time ago I had a nicad pack melt down for no reason while charging.

I was basically pushing it to its limit for fast charging right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back