What ESC: XLX2 vs HW MAX4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They basically told me "We'll replace it one more time, but we can't keep sending you xlx2's" Then he told me to gear down from stock gearing. :mad:

Oh wow thats definitely an interesting week!
That's ridiculous of them to tell you to gear down from stock WTF is the point of upgrading then? The XLX2 is showing up today and I'm considering returning it because of all the fireballs I've been reading about as of late. IDK it's certainly not an ESC I'd put in an off-road rig.

That's ridiculous of them to tell you to gear down from stock WTF is the point of upgrading then? The XLX2 is showing up today and I'm considering returning it because of all the fireballs I've been reading about as of late. IDK it's certainly not an ESC I'd put in an off-road rig.
That's exactly what I thought. Like why the hell would I pay all this money for an xlx2 if you're telling me I can't gear above stock lol. It just sucks man, we can't even hope for a revision or fix when they don't even acknowledge there is a problem.

My xrt and k8s still have an xlx2 and every time I go to bash with em I'm lowkey terrified of another disaster. I'd be lying if I said it didn't add even a small layer of stress to what's supposed to be fun.

Putting it plainly the HW ESCs have amperage limiting and that is what makes them so darn reliable, but at the cost of lesser power.
If you don't need the absolute max power possible and have limited traction (off road use) then HW ESCs are the way to go.

If you are speed running and want to go stupid fast then the XLX2 is the only ESC to go with.
The XLX2 can desolder 8mm bullet connectors when pushing 600-750 amps. It will blow itself up in pursuit of sending the most power it can.

Now if they go poof on the bench without a significant load applied then it is a manufacturing issue and needs a warranty claim.

The fact that the XLX2 can push a big heavy 1/7 scale over 150 mph on only 4s voltage is just crazy....

Putting it plainly the HW ESCs have amperage limiting and that is what makes them so darn reliable, but at the cost of lesser power.
If you don't need the absolute max power possible and have limited traction (off road use) then HW ESCs are the way to go.

If you are speed running and want to go stupid fast then the XLX2 is the only ESC to go with.
The XLX2 can desolder 8mm bullet connectors when pushing 600-750 amps. It will blow itself up in pursuit of sending the most power it can.

Now if they go poof on the bench without a significant load applied then it is a manufacturing issue and needs a warranty claim.

The fact that the XLX2 can push a big heavy 1/7 scale over 150 mph on only 4s voltage is just crazy....
Both times I've had trouble were under minimal load. The first time when the fire happened the truck was flying through the air with zero throttle input before it died and burst into flames. Even the moments leading up to that I don't think I ever exceeded 40 mph.

Funny enough the replacement died while under the same minimal load, 30 mph down the street. I'd actually be more understanding if I was actually pushing the esc hard. There is no way I'm pushing the xlx2 harder than a speed runner. I've never even seen higher than 382 amps on a data log between xlx2 and mmx8s :ROFLMAO:

To be honest, I don't even think I'd be so salty if their tech wouldn't have said all that ridiculous stuff and threatening to not honor anymore xlx2 warranties. Sucks they have the speed runners by the balls because they definitely need to be pressured to fix whatever problem they have going on with the manufactures process or whatever the cause of these issues are.

Both times I've had trouble were under minimal load. The first time when the fire happened the truck was flying through the air with zero throttle input before it died and burst into flames. Even the moments leading up to that I don't think I ever exceeded 40 mph.

Funny enough the replacement died while under the same minimal load, 30 mph down the street. I'd actually be more understanding if I was actually pushing the esc hard. There is no way I'm pushing the xlx2 harder than a speed runner. I've never even seen higher than 382 amps on a data log between xlx2 and mmx8s :ROFLMAO:

To be honest, I don't even think I'd be so salty if their tech wouldn't have said all that ridiculous stuff and threatening to not honor anymore xlx2 warranties. Sucks they have the speed runners by the balls because they definitely need to be pressured to fix whatever problem they have going on with the manufactures process or whatever the cause of these issues are.
That stinks man and can imagine your frustration with the product. There must be some quality control issues.

I have only owned one ESC for this whole past year and it is a first-release XLX2, I have punished it at 500-700 amps every time I go out. It makes me nervous for the day I need to replace it.

That stinks man and can imagine your frustration with the product. There must be some quality control issues.

I have only owned one ESC for this whole past year and it is a first-release XLX2, I have punished it at 500-700 amps every time I go out. It makes me nervous for the day I need to replace it.
If I had your xlx2 I'd take it to the grave with me :ROFLMAO:

If I had your xlx2 I'd take it to the grave with me :ROFLMAO:

The Lord Of The Rings GIF

I am willing to bet even top-shelf LiPos won't survive those amperage levels.
I think the XLX2 is great and so much cheaper. I don't see myself ever buying the MGM product.

Hopefully, I get proved wrong over time and it is a great option, but I have my doubts.

I am willing to bet even top-shelf LiPos won't survive those amperage levels.
I think the XLX2 is great and so much cheaper. I don't see myself ever buying the MGM product.

Hopefully, I get proved wrong over time and it is a great option, but I have my doubts.
Wasn't that long ago when I was researching and I remember telling myself I'll never pay over 100$ for 1 battery or 200$ for a esc or motor..boy,that didn't last long..lol

that mgm is actually under 700, still a lot more than an xlx2 but thought I would mention it. I just took the max 5 out of my outcast 8s and put it in the xmaxx I just got. I bought an xlx2 for the outcast only because the motor I put in there is a tp 5860 1070kv and I was worried the max 5 wouldn't handle it.

Can't believe I did that tbh, I feel like I'm asking for another fire but i can't lose 3 xlx2 right? RIGHT? :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back