What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Mojave that I have been trying to break 100 I’m very close 99.8

I've been watching that one for a while now man, I wish you luck. That build is so freaking sweet, I love it 😁
You've got to get it soon. Just need the wind to hit ya just right and push it over the 100 🙂

My street Typhon was getting jealous of my Talion street build so I had to put a Max6/Hobbystar 4282 1780kv in it...
1000006474.jpg

Testers rocket motor on a 3rd or 4th channel triggered while at 99.8?
Been there, done that… 😎 I’m sure you mean Estes though.. Testors does car models, and paints..😅. FWIW, a “D” engine will send a Yokomo DogFighter well outside the range of an Airtronics XL2P in a big F’n hurry.. 🤣🤣🤣

Been there, done that… 😎 I’m sure you mean Estes though.. Testors does car models, and paints..😅. FWIW, a “D” engine will send a Yokomo DogFighter well outside the range of an Airtronics XL2P in a big F’n hurry.. 🤣🤣🤣
Please tell me you have video of this crazy event!

Please tell me you have video of this crazy event!
Man I wish… I’m old AF, and this was around ‘87 or so just after a Saturday dirt oval race, and pig pickin’… The Yokomo did survive-which was a miracle; as it traveled so much further than predicted, that it finally came to a stop in the middle of a busy five lane road maybe 200yds from the parking lot of “RC TRAX”…😳 That rascal was absolutely unscathed… To this very day, I still have trouble computing what all went down in those lightning fast few seconds…🤣

Man I wish… I’m old AF, and this was around ‘87 or so just after a Saturday dirt oval race, and pig pickin’… The Yokomo did survive-which was a miracle; as it traveled so much further than predicted, that it finally came to a stop in the middle of a busy five lane road maybe 200yds from the parking lot of “RC TRAX”…😳 That rascal was absolutely unscathed… To this very day, I still have trouble computing what all went down in those lightning fast few seconds…🤣
Sounds like the RC gods were smiling on you that day! Sometimes the stars just align. I would love to have seen that.

Sounds like the RC gods were smiling on you that day! Sometimes the stars just align. I would love to have seen that.
Oh for sure! Believe me-there were those of us who HAD witnessed it, and STILL could not believe what we’d just seen..😅🤷🏻‍♂️ Definitely walked away with a pretty tremendous story though, an unscathed car, and probably the fastest ever Yokomo to not be running a pinion gear at the time..🤣🤣🤣🤣 -we had just pulled the motor completely, tossed in a small Rx pack, and fired off the igniter via the standard alligator clips, and momentary switch on 12v, from a dig! 😳😜😂

I’ve actually pondered quite a few times (usually blazed out of my frame…🤔🤪) resurrecting that exact car specifically to serve shelf Queen duty in the RC Dungeon/man cave, complete with no motor, a wonky AA Rx pack, sans 540 motor, and an empty Estes D, complete with XL2P on display.. oh the questions that would ensue when it was noticed by new folks to the room…😂😂😂 the only thing that’s kept me from doing it, is that those things even in BASKETCASE condition, list on the Egay typically no lower than $1250 for the car only..😳

Last edited:

It also just meant that Yokomo rig was perfectly balanced at the time.. to have gone 'straight' under that kind of thrust....
Not an easy feat.

You probably just needed to add some fins on the rig to have it take flight and would've gone even further..!!

Be even More of a Miracle, IF it "gently" come back down to earth and landed on all fours after the flight 🛫 to have a perfect landing & smooth stop.
🐇🤣

It also just meant that Yokomo rig was perfectly balanced at the time.. to have gone 'straight' under that kind of thrust....
Not an easy feat.

You probably just needed to add some fins on the rig to have it take flight and would've gone even further..!!

Be even More of a Miracle, IF it "gently" come back down to earth and landed on all fours after the flight 🛫 to have a perfect landing & smooth stop.
🐇🤣

Absolutely accurate on all counts my man! VERY small inputs on the wheel, but not at all going to try to say it was skill by any means… Skill (or lack there of) definitely gave way for luck that afternoon… I just couldn’t believe the thrust overcame the weight, compared to a rocket to shove that thing as effortlessly as it did…and from a dead stop to boot.. 😳

Here’s what they typically look like on “the gay”:

IMG_3874.png

Butttttttttt; somehow I just saw this one…. The struggle of restraint is REAL.

IMG_3875.png

🤩😅🤷🏻‍♂️

If the shipping were even CLOSE to reasonable; I’d be in trouble right now FOR SURE. 🤣

Absolutely accurate on all counts my man! VERY small inputs on the wheel, but not at all going to try to say it was skill by any means… Skill (or lack there of) definitely gave way for luck that afternoon… I just couldn’t believe the thrust overcame the weight, compared to a rocket to shove that thing as effortlessly as it did…and from a dead stop to boot.. 😳

Here’s what they typically look like on “the gay”:

View attachment 363481

Butttttttttt; somehow I just saw this one…. The struggle of restraint is REAL.

View attachment 363482

🤩😅🤷🏻‍♂️

If the shipping were even CLOSE to reasonable; I’d be in trouble right now FOR SURE. 🤣

For that kind of $,$$$cratch
I'd just 3D design the whole rig and print you half a dozen copies. 🤣

For that kind of $,$$$cratch
I'd just 3D design the whole rig and print you half a dozen copies. 🤣
Ha! PM SENT!!!! 🤣

I kid, I kid… Brand new in the box; those things’ chassis were just some run of the mill G10 sheet even… It’s funny-all the “old heads” I’ve ever known all gravitate toward an old gold tub rc10 “whatever stamp 🙄” for the shelf that’s usually UNGODLY money for a shelf Queen that almost always isn’t what it was listed as, and ends up being a bunch of repro parts on a ragged ‘80’s chassis, but I’d punch kittens to have one of these old Yokomo’s all beat to shitt for the same purpose, and cost me even more loot.. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣 Never claimed I don’t need my head examined, so I’m definitely in the right place..😂

Back