What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which servo you going with?

I am trying that blue Zoskay DS3235 35KG from AMZ on the far right of that image that I have seen recommended here. The blue color is likely going to trigger my OCD so maybe I should just order this red AGF that is double the price instead? The blue on that Zoskay would look better in any of my Traxxas cars over any of the Arrmas. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1718801237167.png

Wow that is sweet, can't wait to hear what you think of this running! So is that kit a 1/10 scale version of the ET48 2.0 or more like a SCT?

Must have been a day for it, I have some really saturated grass in my back yard at the moment and I thought I'd mount the Mojave wheels on my ET48 2.0, it was so much fun, I don't think I've had this much fun with an rc in years, it really ripped hard, so good that it was spraying up mud over the fence and I didn't realise I was coating the neighbour's garage with chucks or grass and mud, oops!

It looks hilarious with those wheels mounted, but the way it drove is worth it for sure! I normally run lp backflips, but in the small yard it doesn't quiet have the turn in I need to make it round the obstacles, this was drifting the whole way round tearing out clumps of grass all over the place HaHa!

This truck is still so good, it is insane for a 4s rig, it really doesn't need any more power, but the scary thing is it can take 6s if I want to run on warp speed. Tekno sure knows how to design a truck, this thing just digs in and launches. Best money I've ever spent on an rc truck for sure.View attachment 374267View attachment 374268
Yea it’s the SCT410 2.0. Basically a 1/10th scale SCT with the tekno 1/8th scale drivetrain. It’s a beefy truck.

I am trying that blue Zoskay DS3235 35KG from AMZ on the far right of that image that I have seen recommended here. The blue color is likely going to trigger my OCD so maybe I should just order this red AGF that is double the price instead? The blue on that Zoskay would look better in any of my Traxxas cars over any of the Arrmas. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View attachment 374310
I just ordered this agfrc servo.

I just ordered this agfrc servo.
I think I will be ordering one as well because the blue is going to annoy me. I might get 2 as my FireTeam could probably use an upgrade also. I will have to wait until the end of the month after my current Prime Rewards card cycle has finished. Amazon got enough money from me this month for other non-RC things. :(

I put a new max 8g2s 4274 combo in my K6V1EXB on the first run. It ran rather warm. I thought maybe I should gear it down but the ESC came with XT 60 connectors and all I had was EC5 batteries, so I changed the XT 60s out with EC5 the entire system ran better and cooler.

Busted a sun gear in the rear diff in the Infraction. Curbed it. Guess the shock went into the diff. Had a spare cup & sun gear. Snapped the sun gear right in two pcs. No other damage. Cup wasn't busted but swapped anyways. 20k fluid.

20240622_111752.jpg

20240622_115538.jpg

20240622_141522.jpg

I finally had some time to get the Infraction back together. New servo, K6 EXB motor mount from Jenny, RCP fans, Ti Motor mount screws, 42T HR spool and 22T pinion. I might have time to test it tonight before dark, but will probably wait and try and get out early tomorrow morning before the traffic picks up. I haven't driven this thing since last summer. :/

PXL_20240622_233218018.jpg

Those are my last set of GRP so I will be placing an order from Hobby Heroes in a week or two for a few new sets.

Ok here she is all buttoned up for now. M2C 17mm hex conversion, 5mm wider on each side.

I have some MX28 HP tires that will be delivered tomorrow.
Max10 3200kv on 3s felt great! Too bad the temps were too high for my liking, and that was only on regular SCT tires. So I tossed in a max8 2500kv. That should handle the load of the new tires better too.

I'm having trouble updating the firmware on all of my ESCs. I managed to update the program box firmware and I can see the current ESC firmware version and the required update version when it's connected. However, at that point, the Spektrum USB Link app becomes unresponsive until I disconnect the USB cable from the laptop.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have read the manual multiple times and watched their video on YT, but I keep getting hung up at the point of actually trying to download and transfer the firmware to the ESC. :(

Back