What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an idea!
Oh no! What did I just create!

Today I mowed my dead lawn. I set the blade almost all the way down. I'm going to cut it again even shorter and create a major dust storm. Hoping to win lawn of the month award. :LOL: hope no one flicks a cig cuz it will go up like a tinder box.

View attachment 367739
You got a fuggin freshly paved street??? DUDE!!

Oh no! What did I just create!

You got a fuggin freshly paved street??? DUDE!!
Just remembered from prior homes. Grass always greener over septic tank. I don't have septic here but clean out for sewer is in front yard. Take cap off and instant lawn fertilizer.

Today I mowed my dead lawn. I set the blade almost all the way down. I'm going to cut it again even shorter and create a major dust storm. Hoping to win lawn of the month award. :LOL: hope no one flicks a cig cuz it will go up like a tinder box.

View attachment 367739
I thought maybe you stopped using the indoor plumbing, thought you were trying to lure the bears back to your place.

Switched out the connectors on my Promodeler servos and servo battery packs to IC3.

Also painted the body on the Reflex 14b.

20240521_180217.jpg

20240521_180226.jpg

Was out ripping the local pit and this little guy put a pause on thing's. Always carry some tools.
17163322439698187266614998925416.jpg

I'm driving this 20 year old liberty with 230k miles to West Virginia this Sept. Pulling a quad on a trailer. Should be an adventure. :LOL:

View attachment 367732
Easy work for that you thing. 94 Ranger just gettin started 55k.

Was out ripping the local pit and this little guy put a pause on thing's. Always carry some tools.View attachment 367842

Easy work for that you thing. 94 Ranger just gettin started 55k.
I have several folks in my hood with those old rangers in great shape!

View attachment 367739
That must take no time to mow! Kinda wish mine didn't take so long but an acre and 2/3 is solid grass almost and then the other 1.5 has a lot of obstacles. Just mowed yesterday, took the Noto out today. Here's a panoramic of the front half I took today. The ramp is hiding behind the 1st gen Ranger.
IMG_20240521_202113145.jpg

Back half image says too big, even after compressing. :cautious:

Last edited:
Why, Arrma? WHY??

Are cap heads THAT much more expensive?

View attachment 367920

You need to hit it with some Heat to break loose that buttonhead screw..

IMG_20240521_212846644.jpg

IMG_20240521_212806739.jpg

Butane torch lighter does the trick.. Every time.

You can get them Cheap!
$3-4.00 at the Dollar General store ,by the cash registers for cigarettes. 😉

Last edited:
I was about to ask... but what if I'm not a crackhead?

Not to worry..
IF you buy them in Bulk.. and just say you're planning to go Off Grid/Survival..

No one will judge you. 💥👊🤣

Pee Wee Herman 80S GIF

Katie Cassidy Fries GIF

Taylor Swift Winter GIF by Apple Music

Discovery Channel Alaska GIF by Discovery

Last edited:
So, beefing up the TT02 drivetrain to solid steel lead to another problem. As evident in the pics shared earlier, I was able to secure the front assembly using the original bearing and cutting the original front hold-down to accommodate the bigger input cup.
20240518_015747.jpg
20240518_015632.jpg

This setup works but had the rear jittering around like a jonsing tweaker. Like enough that I knew it would be a problem. But how to secure this:
20240518_020127.jpg

That rear cup is maybe 1/16 or less away from the aluminum motor mount. Either way, it's obvious that no matter what I do it has to held down with a bearing. Or friction does as friction will with anything. So I played around with bearings and as luck would have it, the center shaft bearing for the Arrma 3s platform ALMOST fits. So I remove the rear assembly, stick in my drill, and hit it with a file until the bearing can slip 1/4 of the way on.
20240522_015659.jpg

Bearing on and next issue is how to secure this. Seeing as it needs to be held down, and they already make something to hold this particular bearing, I hit up the LHS for an Arrma center shaft support mount. After a bunch of precise measurements and some epoxy stick reinforcing, this is what I have:
20240522_015727.jpg

20240522_015406.jpg
20240522_015505.jpg

Now, the fact I made all this work lead to yet another Dad-Blasted problem. My 3s batteries no longer fit..But, remember those broken TF2 center shafts I used to make these new inputs? The other half of them are now my battery posts. Just need a bit more height and now I can mount the batteries on their sides!
20240522_021115.jpg

Even though I've already anticipated this and have an order incoming, brownie points to the first to mention what the next problem with this setup will be..

Back