What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reinstalled the original Flux-branded 4s motor and ESC into my Maverick Quantum R Muscle Car that I had robbed the Max8 G2 2250kv system from. My Infraction 6s took over the position of road ripper from the Maverick, and it just made sense to rob the motor and ESC from the Maverick to put into my new Asuga roller.

Cut out a new carbon fiber tower to tower brace

30DE4FA1-6075-4F9C-A2B2-E0983B67BF1A.jpeg

1D252490-7A99-40F7-BF35-A733C9F5054B.jpeg

9B72803F-4AFF-4EA1-AD8D-35AF0E765CB8.jpeg

126A0D1F-9DDD-423E-AF39-A095380D1E53.jpeg

C8EA9B72-A0C6-40E1-BDE8-8A9D96092083.jpeg

Just got thru swapping the 4s Mojave center fluid diff & power module/gearbox into my Senton 3s. Fit right in. Senton driveshaft fits perfectly. Have to have the chassis insert lock from the 4s module. It's shorter. There are 2 holes in the Mojave gearbox that are for 2 M4 flathead screws that go in from the bottom of the chassis into the gearbox. The holes are already there in the Senton chassis, I just had to countersink them for the screws. I'll get some pics later. Still have a few things to mod. New motor fan & ESC.

Yesterday I joined the Stock-Gorgon-Servo-Sucks Club. It really is just a placeholder for something better. I went with the waterproof all-metal, and much stronger and faster Spektrum S665. It's mounts are a little thicker, so I might eventually swap in longer screws, but it seemed to have decent bite with the stock screws.
1712018907929.png

Just got thru swapping the 4s Mojave center fluid diff & power module/gearbox into my Senton 3s. Fit right in. Senton driveshaft fits perfectly. Have to have the chassis insert lock from the 4s module. It's shorter. There are 2 holes in the Mojave gearbox that are for 2 M4 flathead screws that go in from the bottom of the chassis into the gearbox. The holes are already there in the Senton chassis, I just had to countersink them for the screws. I'll get some pics later. Still have a few things to mod. New motor fan & ESC.
Nice, I was tempted to pick up one the the Granties that are on sale and do that swap to it. I didn't want to upset the wife though, so I'll let that plan sit for a while and see if it evolves into something else for me to pounce on at a later date.

Took apart the Lasernut to see why the rear wheels stopped getting power to them. Aside from the differentials being almost bone dry, I saw no breaks or anything else that would be the culprit. Hmmm.

View attachment 358291View attachment 358292
Check for broken hex pins. I've previously spent time diving into diffs when it turned out to be a busted hex pin. The diff has pins for the drive cup inside as well that could break as well.

I installed the Ram Jam titanium wheel hexes and nuts on my Infraction 6s. These hexes are of the highest quality machining I have seen in a long time.

https://ramjamracing.com/shop-ramja...ma-infraction-6s-titanium-wheel-hex-set-17mm/

I moved the serrated wheel nuts that were on the Infraction to my new Corally Asuga, which came with non-serrated wheel nuts. I don't know why Corally does that; the non-serrated nuts loosen more easily than serrated nuts.

Here's the pics. #5 shows the two holes already in the Senton chassis I counter sunk for the 4s module.

20240402_163117.jpg

20240402_163302.jpg

20240402_163255.jpg

20240402_163127.jpg

20240402_163222.jpg

20240402_163143.jpg

20240402_163358.jpg

bought a decent savox servo for my race buggy. install it at the track, set my endpoints and calibrate everything. first lap out i cartwheel the buggy, break the servo horn, mess up the gearing on the servo. :poop:

So ill be repairing a servo for the first time when the parts arrive.

Back