What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And these unofficial Gen 5 TC stuff has been proven to take an insane amount of beating. That's an Asuga roller BTW. I could fix the K6SXL for about $239, or get the Asuga, steal the electronics from the K6S XL and see what happens. The K6S needs an aluminum rear bulkhead, rear wing mount and an M2C chassis. Honestly, I should have gotten the Asuga roller instead of the Synchro 4s TBH. That would have made a lot more sense in my situation 😅😂
Interesting, does your LHS strip the electronics and sell it as a roller?

Box says its 6S brushless powered.. Wait, it also says Pro Roller Chassis. :unsure:

Interesting, does your LHS strip the electronics and sell it as a roller?

Box says its 6S brushless powered.. Wait, it also says Pro Roller Chassis. :unsure:
Nah. I think that the picture is mixed with another vehicle. Trust me it's a roller. TC sells rollers and RTR vehicles 👍

Gens Imars d300

Needed a new charger a while- heard good things so went with it. I'm a nitro guy so hope I chose well 🤣
It's a great charger. It can charge batteries faster than my 4 channel charger. 👍

Gens Imars d300

Needed a new charger a while- heard good things so went with it. I'm a nitro guy so hope I chose well 🤣
My bro bought one, too lazy to read instructions so he brought it out to my house to help him figure it out. Very nice unit, strong balance and discharge circuit too. It operates essentially the same as most any charger, pretty simple to figure out. I have a Hota S6, which is supposed to have a bit more output, but for $40-50 less, the D300 is definitely a better value IMO. Plus it can do the smart thing if you buy Gens smart batts, which many are raving about. Enjoy brother!!

Mother's Day is next Sunday, I think she'll like this. I just hope it gets here in time. I've been so busy I dang near forgot all about it!
Screenshot_20240504-115422.png

It's a great charger. It can charge batteries faster than my 4 channel charger. 👍

My bro bought one, too lazy to read instructions so he brought it out to my house to help him figure it out. Very nice unit, strong balance and discharge circuit too. It operates essentially the same as most any charger, pretty simple to figure out. I have a Hota S6, which is supposed to have a bit more output, but for $40-50 less, the D300 is definitely a better value IMO. Plus it can do the smart thing if you buy Gens smart batts, which many are raving about. Enjoy brother!!

Awesome, sounds like I made a good call on it.
I've still been using traxxas chargers for the last few years since I only got into lipo stuff like 4 years ago. They don't do a very good job and they give you 0 info so.. since I'm apparently gonna stick with running electrics so much now I figure I needed a proper good charger. Some 6s action will be happening also so that capability was also in dire need.

I appreciate the input guys. Always worries me to drop that kinda money on stuff I'm less informed about 😂

Mother's Day is next Sunday, I think she'll like this. I just hope it gets here in time. I've been so busy I dang near forgot all about it!View attachment 364416

Oh man being a knife nut all I use is an Arkansas ceramic stick to touch stuff up and a leather strop for 90% of edge needs.
They're pretty darn cheap as seen in the pic below 😁

Screenshot_20240504_110737_Samsung Internet.jpg

Awesome, sounds like I made a good call on it.
I've still been using traxxas chargers for the last few years since I only got into lipo stuff like 4 years ago. They don't do a very good job and they give you 0 info so.. since I'm apparently gonna stick with running electrics so much now I figure I needed a proper good charger. Some 6s action will be happening also so that capability was also in dire need.

I appreciate the input guys. Always worries me to drop that kinda money on stuff I'm less informed about 😂

Oh man being a knife nut all I use is an Arkansas ceramic stick to touch stuff up and a leather strop for 90% of edge needs.
They're pretty darn cheap as seen in the pic below 😁

View attachment 364423
I've never used one, always just used a stone. For a while now I've been using the Worksharp field sharpener, it stays at work so I can touch up when I need. I'm rough on my work knife. :sneaky: ZT0350

I've never used one, always just used a stone. For a while now I've been using the Worksharp field sharpener, it stays at work so I can touch up when I need. I'm rough on my work knife. :sneaky: ZT0350

Good knife 😉
I've got a "small" collection. No Zeros though. I seen a 350 with a tiger striped blade go for super cheap the other day I almost picked it up, but wound up getting another spyderco so left it to someone else.
My most carried folder is my endura 4. It's a larger folder that literally disappears in the pocket. Used to be a benchmade 940, and hopefully in the near I'll have that as an option. Prices have gone ridiculous on them in the last couple years though.
I bought my 940 for $180. Carried it for 2 years and sold it for $210 😂

Usually the only time I need to hit a stone is on my fixed blades if I hit something I shouldn't while yard workin or something. Otherwise I try to keep everything touched up so I don't need much to get them there again.
Sure your wife will love that sharpener though. Most ppl just leave they're kitchen knives dull and it drives me 🤪

I have a carbon fiber sog I Carry along with a Schrade rage replaceable blade I recommend the second option handy as poop and the blades are high quality

My secondary is a good 'ol Case Clod Buster that is older than me, just can't leave that one alone.
Good knife 😉
I've got a "small" collection. No Zeros though. I seen a 350 with a tiger striped blade go for super cheap the other day I almost picked it up, but wound up getting another spyderco so left it to someone else.
My most carried folder is my endura 4. It's a larger folder that literally disappears in the pocket. Used to be a benchmade 940, and hopefully in the near I'll have that as an option. Prices have gone ridiculous on them in the last couple years though.
I bought my 940 for $180. Carried it for 2 years and sold it for $210 😂

Usually the only time I need to hit a stone is on my fixed blades if I hit something I shouldn't while yard workin or something. Otherwise I try to keep everything touched up so I don't need much to get them there again.
Sure your wife will love that sharpener though. Most ppl just leave they're kitchen knives dull and it drives me 🤪
2 or 3 passes on each side with the finish side is all it takes to have a razor again. That's a nice blade, I've never had a blade made from that steel, how is it? Truthfully, I'm just tired of having to sharpen the kitchen knives and this will be an easy, convenient, and quick way for her to do it.

Dull knives are dangerous and I won't stand for 'em in my house. I have made all the older kids learn how to sharpen using a stone too. The 8 and 9 year old are watching and try but they aren't there yet.

My secondary is a good 'ol Case Clod Buster that is older than me, just can't leave that one alone.

2 or 3 passes on each side with the finish side is all it takes to have a razor again. That's a nice blade, I've never had a blade made from that steel, how is it? Truthfully, I'm just tired of having to sharpen the kitchen knives and this will be an easy, convenient, and quick way for her to do it.

Dull knives are dangerous and I won't stand for 'em in my house. I have made all the older kids learn how to sharpen using a stone too. The 8 and 9 year old are watching and try but they aren't there yet.

Heck yeah man, kids gotta learn these things!
Are you referring to the spyderco endura as far as steel? The standard is Vg10. Honestly man it's hated on anymore because it's not the newest top of the line super steel but knife folks are crazy. Ol boy was telling me the other day how terrible a benchmade in s30v was.. told me it's super out dated and not worth owning anymore. I'm like thinking I want some of whatever that guys smoking! Benchmade does s30v extremely well and it's beautiful.

Sorry, rant over- back on topic-

I love vg10 man. The guys in Seki City Japan sure know they're stuff with it. It'll take one hell of an edge and it holds it very well. Doesn't chip. 1 of my biggest hates is some of these super steels that chip out under real use.
I've had k390 and m390 and I don't like them at all.
Paid $300 for an exclusive m390 spyderco manix 2 and chipped the edge the first week I had it...
Now.. I actually use my knives. If they're gonna chip cutting a zip tie I don't care how good ppl say the steel is..
My favorite user steel is vg10 and s30v for folders.
All my fixed blades are high carbon 1095.. best steel you can use for a hard use fixed blade.

So many of these self proclaimed knife nuts don't actually use thier knives. Always posting pictures of a blade with not a spec of dirt or scuff... no safe queens here man.

Heck yeah man, kids gotta learn these things!
Are you referring to the spyderco endura as far as steel? The standard is Vg10. Honestly man it's hated on anymore because it's not the newest top of the line super steel but knife folks are crazy. Ol boy was telling me the other day how terrible a benchmade in s30v was.. told me it's super out dated and not worth owning anymore. I'm like thinking I want some of whatever that guys smoking! Benchmade does s30v extremely well and it's beautiful.

Sorry, rant over- back on topic-

I love vg10 man. The guys in Seki City Japan sure know they're stuff with it. It'll take one hell of an edge and it holds it very well. Doesn't chip. 1 of my biggest hates is some of these super steels that chip out under real use.
I've had k390 and m390 and I don't like them at all.
Paid $300 for an exclusive m390 spyderco manix 2 and chipped the edge the first week I had it...
Now.. I actually use my knives. If they're gonna chip cutting a zip tie I don't care how good ppl say the steel is..
My favorite user steel is vg10 and s30v for folders.
All my fixed blades are high carbon 1095.. best steel you can use for a hard use fixed blade.

So many of these self proclaimed knife nuts don't actually use thier knives. Always posting pictures of a blade with not a spec of dirt or scuff... no safe queens here man.
Yea vg10, never had one. I borderline abuse my work knife, it's a screwdriver, a hammer, a pry tool, I cut radiator hoses, serpentine belts etc. with it.....
I ask a lot of this knife and it takes it all with a smile. I've used it so much the coating is starting to wear off and the g10 grips are smoothing out.
IMG_20240504_213219705.jpg
IMG_20240504_213229903.jpg

Yea vg10, never had one. I borderline abuse my work knife, it's a screwdriver, a hammer, a pry tool, I cut radiator hoses, serpentine belts etc. with it.....
I ask a lot of this knife and it takes it all with a smile. I've used it so much the coating is starting to wear off and the g10 grips are smoothing out.View attachment 364535View attachment 364536

Oh hell yeah! See, if you show me that blade and tell me a review- I could trust that. You've actually used that girl and know that blade- a real review!

These are my two daily blades. Been about 4 years on them. No signs of giving them up either. Perfect duo to get crap done. I think the more wear the better a blade looks personally

20240504_205154.jpg

Oh hell yeah! See, if you show me that blade and tell me a review- I could trust that. You've actually used that girl and know that blade- a real review!

These are my two daily blades. Been about 4 years on them. No signs of giving them up either. Perfect duo to get crap done. I think the more wear the better a blade looks personally

View attachment 364543
Spyderco Delica?

Back