What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got me a new boat!

IMG_4124.jpeg

Nice pickup! I see you've officially gone down the RC Boat rabbit hole lol. One small piece of advice if I may, be sure to take a slower speed recovery boat out with you in case you need ever need to retrieve a broken-down boat. It's not a matter of if, but when...my recovery boat has saved my arse quite a few times.

Sweet!! I'm jealous! I never had a boat, my bro had a few back in the day. I just looked up that model, up to 50MPH, nice! I literally have a mile long lake In front of my house. Everyday (when it's nice out) on my way home I think about an rc boat... :unsure: :p🍻
I even have kayaks I could retrieve it with..

Right now? I have a life jacket. But I run on a beach area that I can walk out and get it. But for now that’ll have to do. I don’t want to push it with the wife. “Hey babe! I need another boat to retrieve the boat I just bought” lol. 😂

Last edited:
I'd honestly say, I'll totally put the blame on @3x9rtse for this project.... This is my first "real" competition grade kit, Also I've never been on a real track before!!! But lucky for me, Paul was totally willing to give me some pointers and a bunch of good advice for a first timer!!! Stay tuned for a new build log and a new adventure!!!! Mike

I'd honestly say, I'll totally put the blame on @3x9rtse for this project.... This is my first "real" competition grade kit, Also I've never been on a real track before!!! But lucky for me, Paul was totally willing to give me some pointers and a bunch of good advice for a first timer!!! Stay tuned for a new build log and a new adventure!!!! Mike
I’ve got a couple Tekno build logs up on here as well, with lots of pics, and whatnot. Best manuals in the business too btw! If I can help in any way-lemme know! Stoked for ya man! 🍻

I keep hearing how awesome those are…
I’ve had a BUNCH of race grade kits over the years, and am by no means a blind fanboy, but I can say none have compared to this current Tekno stuff imho. Durability, engineering, parts availability, 50% parts replacement buy-back, capability, they’re just killer inside, and out. 🤙

Those Asugas have really been catching my attention lately 🤔 That's a great price.
And these unofficial Gen 5 TC stuff has been proven to take an insane amount of beating. That's an Asuga roller BTW. I could fix the K6SXL for about $239, or get the Asuga, steal the electronics from the K6S XL and see what happens. The K6S needs an aluminum rear bulkhead, rear wing mount and an M2C chassis. Honestly, I should have gotten the Asuga roller instead of the Synchro 4s TBH. That would have made a lot more sense in my situation 😅😂

Back