What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lb7 duramax it’s the cat eye

Whatever you do just be sure you don't get one with the cp4 fuel pump my friend. And I'm pretty sure thats around the year your talking about. My knowledge of them is very little but... I've learned recently after a cp4 failure at the shop that it is an extremely costly repair on those and a ton of work. Guess the cp4 likes to turn the roller lifter and eat itself against its cam. Pretty common from what our diesel shop friend was telling us for the cp4. You gotta replace every bit of the fuel system down to pulling and cleaning the tank.
Yuck, I'll pass
They make a conversion to run the cp3 pump on the cp4 trucks.

I'll stick to gasoline lol.

Daughters first crawler body down .

IMG_20240427_120932_HDR.jpg

Out bashing right now my first time breaking a part in around 3 years. It wore out up top the linkage due to running grps and the made a turn and hit a 1-inch lip. See pic. Glad I always bring at least 2 cars.

IMG_20240428_103236.jpg

IMG_20240428_103438.jpg

Whatever you do just be sure you don't get one with the cp4 fuel pump my friend. And I'm pretty sure thats around the year your talking about. My knowledge of them is very little but... I've learned recently after a cp4 failure at the shop that it is an extremely costly repair on those and a ton of work. Guess the cp4 likes to turn the roller lifter and eat itself against its cam. Pretty common from what our diesel shop friend was telling us for the cp4. You gotta replace every bit of the fuel system down to pulling and cleaning the tank.
Yuck, I'll pass
They make a conversion to run the cp3 pump on the cp4 trucks.

I'll stick to gasoline lol.
Cp3 was stock on Duramax trucks till around 2011. It's a good idea to install a lift pump on any Duramax up to 2017 because otherwise the injection pump just sucks fuel from the tank. And it could get water or air in the high pressure fuel side.

Cp3 was stock on Duramax trucks till around 2011. It's a good idea to install a lift pump on any Duramax up to 2017 because otherwise the injection pump just sucks fuel from the tank. And it could get water or air in the high pressure fuel side.

Coworkers truck is an 07 and was told by a diesel friend of his they started the cp4 in 08 I thought.

I have no idea man.

I run away from diesel... not my bag.

Back