Trying to decide what to build next.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Still waiting on parts to finish that 1/10 carpet car I’m doing. After that I have a few builds waiting in the wings. I think I might build the V2 Lim next, I’m really looking forward to that as my first 1/7 road car. Every other road car I’ve built is 1/8, 328mm wheelbase.
I also have a Tamiya TT02 kit, a parts bin Typhon build (from years of spare parts piling up) and that super premium full length Scorched speed build.
Not to mention all of the winter time maintenance and repairs I need to do on multiple rigs.
Hmmmm….🤔

Nice to know I'm not the only psychopath with that thought constantly running through my head 🤔 A Limitless would be cool. I'm sure you'd give it a wicked paint job, or model it after a real-world F1 car. I've been thinking about doing a 10th scale crawler build with one of those Injora chassis myself...

I’d say build that TT02. I have 3 of them including the SRX. You can drift, rally, or street race, and while it’s a simple kit, it works fine and it’s really fun to upgrade. My main modded one, Veronica, has adjustable camber links, foam wheels, 48p gearing with the adjustable high speed gearing kit, 3 degree toe in rear uprights, yeah racing shocks, aluminum center driveshaft, brushless motor/esc, radiolink r7fg receiver, tons of shims to remove slop, steel cvds, xv02 diff in rear, front spool, upgraded steering bell ranks, oh and of course bearings instead of bushings. I’m trying to out a center diff in one just for kicks.

93B0B16A-32E4-4B93-8A40-BED5396DEC99.jpeg

4F795198-EBEB-4855-8B77-B2EA38C09414.jpeg

Look up the Corally SSX-823 if you’re looking for a unique idea. I’ve been toying with the idea of building that thing for a while now.
That thing looks pretty dope man, nice. I was kinda thinking pan car too.

@Dan B. - I know they're not fashionable to mention 'round these parts but never having given a fork myself...ever considered a UDR? That's still on my personal bucket list and trick it out with a set of these snazzy lookin' fully adjustable dampers.
1705312524504.png

I've been eyeing the UDR. I heard it handles differently than most RCs. Sure seems to glide over rough terrain. 🏁

I've been eyeing the UDR. I heard it handles differently than most RCs. Sure seems to glide over rough terrain. 🏁
Yeah solid rear axles are cool. UDR. Baja Rey. Hammer Rey. Super Baja Rey. Super Rock Rey. Yeti. Yeti XL.

You won’t win any races since they don’t turn as well, but it’s fun to drive something with such different driving characteristics.

For example, making tight turns with my SBR is done by gunning the throttle to kick out the rear. It’s an art and is rewarding when you get it just right.

I’d say build that TT02. I have 3 of them including the SRX. You can drift, rally, or street race, and while it’s a simple kit, it works fine and it’s really fun to upgrade. My main modded one, Veronica, has adjustable camber links, foam wheels, 48p gearing with the adjustable high speed gearing kit, 3 degree toe in rear uprights, yeah racing shocks, aluminum center driveshaft, brushless motor/esc, radiolink r7fg receiver, tons of shims to remove slop, steel cvds, xv02 diff in rear, front spool, upgraded steering bell ranks, oh and of course bearings instead of bushings. I’m trying to out a center diff in one just for kicks.

View attachment 342637

View attachment 342638
That‘s a sweet ride, man! I might reach out to you later for upgrade advice or necessity, as I’m totally new to this platform. BTW, does Veronica have a sister?
That thing looks pretty dope man, nice. I was kinda thinking pan car too.

@Dan B. - I know they're not fashionable to mention 'round these parts but never having given a fork myself...ever considered a UDR? That's still on my personal bucket list and trick it out with a set of these snazzy lookin' fully adjustable dampers.
View attachment 342643
Holy crap! So, RC desert shocks with what appears to be circuits for complete high and low speed damping adjustment for both compression and rebound?
A: I do NOT want to know how much those things cost, and…
B. It would drive my OCD completely off the edge. I would be farting around endlessly with the tuning, second guessing every revision I made, going completely mad, and finally end up embarking on a five state killing spree. You would literally hear about me on CNN.
I do think UDR’s are the bees knees, though. I came super close to pulling the trigger on a Losi SBR a couple years ago. I ended up going the 1/5 buggy route with a DBXL-E.
And speaking of which, that needs to be on my short list. It needs a total tear down and rebuild after I crashed it into oblivion year before last. I’ve had a whole box of pricey replacement parts in a box for a long time, but that’s about the time I got into on-road projects and that side of the hobby has eaten up the vast majority of my time since.

Last edited:
That‘s a sweet ride, man! I might reach out to you later for upgrade advice or necessity, as I’m totally new to this platform. BTW, does Veronica have a sister?

Holy crap! So, RC desert shocks with what appears to be circuits for complete high and low speed damping adjustment for both compression and rebound?
B. It would drive my OCD completely off the edge. I would be farting around endlessly with the tuning, second guessing every revision I made, going completely mad, and finally end up embarking on a five state killing spree. You would literally hear about me on CNN.
I do think UDR’s are the bees knees, though. I came super close to pulling the trigger on a Losi SBR a couple years ago. I ended up going the 1/5 buggy route with a DBXL-E.
And speaking of which, that needs to be on my short list. It needs a total tear down and rebuild after I crashed it into oblivion year before last. I’ve had a whole box of pricey replacement parts in a box for a long time, but that’s about the time I got into on-road projects and that side of the hobby has eaten up the vast majority of my time since.
You would be correct sir. Fully adjustable in all manner, compression and rebound.

A: If I told you how much those things cost, you'd crap your pants...

A²: About $110. For the pair mind you. Well...that was the price pre-plandemic. But lemme see where I found those and see what the going price tag is on those suckers.

B: I know what you mean. I'd go all blenkzorkwenkled on them too. I really don't think it would be fair, however, to rob the world of that spectacle though Dan. You really should reconsider. If for nothing else, posterity's sake.

After falling in love with the UDR, the SBR 2.0 looked like the same thing only in bigger and...bigger is better, right? Until I started watching vids though, at which point I have to say that I found the SBR's propensity to barrel roll during cornering whereas the UDR just power slides with the best of them (it does roll too occasionally but I just think it looks a little more scale than the SBR the way it drags its arse) finally put the UDR on top for me.

And it can do the craziest pirouettes of any car I've ever seen.

It's a bit older, but this is still one of my favorite street bashing vids with the UDR & Infraction. When it came down to my first RC car, it was between the UDR and Infraction, because of this video.

Edit: I was close. They go for $105 per pair. https://lxshocks.com/products/the1-7bypass-shocks-135mm-160mm?variant=43483221852390

Last edited:
After falling in love with the UDR, the SBR 2.0 looked like the same thing only in bigger and...bigger is better, right? Until I started watching vids though, at which point I have to say that I found the SBR's propensity to barrel roll during cornering whereas the UDR just power slides with the best of them (it does roll too occasionally but I just think it looks a little more scale than the SBR the way it drags its arse) finally put the UDR on top for me.
Thicker rear diff fluid and full throttle during turns eliminated most of my SBR's barrel rolling. Long sweeping corners are the enemy if you don't deliberately kick out the rear.

Though I will say the UDR has a much better battery tray design. Whoever designed the SBR battery trays deserves a proper witch burning.

UDR vs Mojave? I don't want to see a YouTube thing. Just want to know what you guys think, is all. :ROFLMAO: Thanks. -Mike

You would be correct sir. Fully adjustable in all manner, compression and rebound.

A: If I told you how much those things cost, you'd crap your pants...

A²: About $110. For the pair mind you. Well...that was the price pre-plandemic. But lemme see where I found those and see what the going price tag is on those suckers.

B: I know what you mean. I'd go all blenkzorkwenkled on them too. I really don't think it would be fair, however, to rob the world of that spectacle though Dan. You really should reconsider. If for nothing else, posterity's sake.

And it can do the craziest pirouettes of any car I've ever seen.

It's a bit older, but this is still one of my favorite street bashing vids with the UDR & Infraction. When it came down to my first RC car, it was between the UDR and Infraction, because of this video.

Edit: I was close. They go for $105 per pair. https://lxshocks.com/products/the1-7bypass-shocks-135mm-160mm?variant=43483221852390
Ok, I’m shocked (🙄) that is an incredibly reasonable price for those shocks. Considering those stupidly overpriced and vastly overrated 1/10 ProLine PowerStrokes are $85.00 a pair…
I may end up with a solid axle desert truck someday, but I’d mos def need to thin the current herd a bit first. They really do appeal to me a lot. If I jumped it would almost certainly be for a UDR. See reason why below. 👇
Though I will say the UDR has a much better battery tray design. Whoever designed the SBR battery trays deserves a proper witch burning.
You ain’t whistling Dixie, man. The only reason I eventually bought my DBXL-E was because I got the opportunity to bash with a guy who had an SBR. I loved that SBR at first drive and was immediately, totally sold on it. And afterward, he came over and it ended up on my bench. We needed a long crowbar, a 7” grinder, and a set of torches to get the goddamned battery tray open. And then we had to remove 4,964 screws (I counted them) to get enough of the body panels off to actually work on the thing. After that I was like, nope. I’m glad I got to wrench on his before I bought one.
I’m exaggerating a little of course, but not by much. That truck was more of a screaming PITA to work on than any other vehicle I’ve ever had the displeasure of wrenching on. Which really sucks, because that thing was an absolute blast to drive. I ran it balls to the wall across a construction lot and it was as if it was jetting along on a cushion of air across the surface of the moon. Super impressive.

Ok, I’m shocked (🙄) that is an incredibly reasonable price for those shocks. Considering those stupidly overpriced and vastly overrated 1/10 ProLine PowerStrokes are $85.00 a pair…
I may end up with a solid axle desert truck someday, but I’d mos def need to thin the current herd a bit first. They really do appeal to me a lot. If I jumped it would almost certainly be for a UDR. See reason why below. 👇

You ain’t whistling Dixie, man. The only reason I eventually bought my DBXL-E was because I got the opportunity to bash with a guy who had an SBR. I loved that SBR at first drive and was immediately, totally sold on it. And afterward, he came over and it ended up on my bench. We needed a long crowbar, a 7” grinder, and a set of torches to get the goddamned battery tray open. And then we had to remove 4,964 screws (I counted them) to get enough of the body panels off to actually work on the thing. After that I was like, nope. I’m glad I got to wrench on his before I bought one.
I’m exaggerating a little of course, but not by much. That truck was more of a screaming PITA to work on than any other vehicle I’ve ever had the displeasure of wrenching on. Which really sucks, because that thing was an absolute blast to drive. I ran it balls to the wall across a construction lot and it was as if it was jetting along on a cushion of air across the surface of the moon. Super impressive.
Yeah, removing the body is a pain, to say the least. However, that hasn’t really impacted my experience since there’s not much reason to remove it. Batteries are in the back and the truck never breaks 🤷‍♂️. I’ve owned it for a year and have had the body off maybe twice. I love that truck. Durable, big, fast, unique.

I like it.

Last edited:
UDR vs Mojave? I don't want to see a YouTube thing. Just want to know what you guys think, is all. :ROFLMAO: Thanks. -Mike
Not much of a comparison IMO. Mojave is mostly the same thing as any other 1/8 basher or race buggy/truggy. The only major difference is length of suspension arms.

UDR is a very different design. Solid rear axle. Trailing arms. Go look up some pics of the chassis to understand what I mean. It drives in a totally different way.

Yeah I might get one. $750 big $ :cool: I really want one though. Thanks for that info, @dure16 Now I really want the UDR. 💥

Last edited:

Haha, she has a sister, Lia. Stock lancer evo 8 with ball bearings. Those are the most important upgrade, followed by oil shocks. Even the Hobby Park cheapies on Amazon are sufficient. It’s fun to run it with the supplied pogos too, though.

Not much of a comparison IMO. Mojave is mostly the same thing as any other 1/8 basher or race buggy/truggy. The only major difference is length of suspension arms.

UDR is a very different design. Solid rear axle. Trailing arms. Go look up some pics of the chassis to understand what I mean. It drives in a totally different way.
Yeah. While I understand why Arrma designed the Mojave the way they did so that it integrates with the other platforms and parts they already have, it's like a desert truck that's missing what makes desert trucks so cool - that rear suspension.

I'm not saying the Mojave isn't a cool truck cuz it is but, I really wish they would have made their own trailing arm/solid axle design. I would have slapped it on the rear of my Infraction, if for nothing else but turds & giggles.

This was one of my favorite Raz Shifrin creations. Imagine this thing, but with trailing arms. Or low slung on short springs and see how far you can push a solid axle speed running. That would have opened up some really neat possibilities.

1705336432000.png

I'm not saying the Mojave isn't a cool truck cuz it is but, I really wish they would have made their own trailing arm/solid axle design. I would have slapped it on the rear of my Infraction, if for nothing else but turds & giggles.
Yup, if Arrma would make an upgrade solid rear axle part for the Mojave (and maybe Senton) I‘d try it. Would be nice to switch according to what driving style you are looking for.
I’m pretty sure my next RC has a solid rear axle. Chances are it’s this one:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/1-7-scale-yikong-bronco-desert-truck.64071/

Wow. You talk a lot but say a little. Sorry . Sorry thet I don't get it. Maybe next time. :cool:
Not quite sure what wasn’t clear... But you’re right, nobody ever accused me of brevity.
Yeah. While I understand why Arrma designed the Mojave the way they did so that it integrates with the other platforms and parts they already have, it's like a desert truck that's missing what makes desert trucks so cool - that rear suspension.

This was one of my favorite Raz Shifrin creations. Imagine this thing, but with trailing arms. Or low slung on short springs and see how far you can push a solid axle speed running. That would have opened up some really neat possibilities.

View attachment 342676
Yeah, the Mojave is an SCT, not a solid axle desert truck. I agree with you, apples and oranges for comparison in regard to the handling characteristics for sure.
It would be awesome if Arrma would do it, though.
And as for solid rear axles in general, I also can’t believe that after all this 1/10 Drag craze lately that we’re not seeing solid rear axle drag cars. Why the hell not? Especially from TA, who could have pulled from Element’s parts bins and r&d and done one up right. Weird, right? Losi, TRX, Team Associated, you wanna build a drag car? Then build a freaking drag car, man.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back