Outcast Thinking about buying an Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jasmine..... you are still smoking hot 18 years later. Lol
On another note; is it essential to change out the springs with Tekno's right away? Looks like orange is the winner if it is necessary.
Also, Diff fluid change out asap as well?

Any info. on this would be great.... or even a suggestion of where to look and purchase.

Loving my Outcast. Beat the crap out of it and still can't brake it. Bought two Hobaos about a month ago and they in no way compare to Arrma. Both broke all kinds of crap within hours of owning them. Arrma for life for me.

Jasmine..... you are still smoking hot 18 years later. Lol
On another note; is it essential to change out the springs with Tekno's right away? Looks like orange is the winner if it is necessary.
Also, Diff fluid change out asap as well?

Any info. on this would be great.... or even a suggestion of where to look and purchase.
You can run her bone stock if you choose. The stock pinion was small for my liking, replaced with Robinson Racing Extra Hard mod 1 #1216. Running Orange Teknos up front, yellow in back with 50/40 f/r weight oil. Use to run heavier, but broke too many suspension parts doing big airs with too stiff of a setup. Running 50/100/20k front to rear diff fluids and like it. Recommend checking your diff fluids within atleast the first 10 packs as they don't always come properly filled.

Thank you Rich! This is the exact information I have been looking for. Guess I will bite the bullet, and buy the Teknos.
I really want this truck to last a longtime....I just want everything to be running properly and be able to prevent any weak points breaking on this weapon.
My servo mount from GKA arrived yesterday (very nice work Greg); just need a truck to put it in now.

Thank you Rich! This is the exact information I have been looking for. Guess I will bite the bullet, and buy the Teknos.
I really want this truck to last a longtime....I just want everything to be running properly and be able to prevent any weak points breaking on this weapon.
My servo mount from GKA arrived yesterday (very nice work Greg); just need a truck to put it in now.
No problem bud. Might try it stock first, you may like it. I just found the nose dropped a bit easily with harder braking, but bone stock is still fun and quite capable. Really depends on where and how you'll be bashing. Arrma did a great job with this rig IMHO.

Thanks again!
Wondering if I should go 4s or 6s? Been hearing 6s is hard on the drivetrain, and also shreds the tires.

Thanks again!
Wondering if I should go 4s or 6s? Been hearing 6s is hard on the drivetrain, and also shreds the tires.
Doesn't hurt to start on 4s, but 6s is where the SICK fun is at for me and many others. The stock tires hang no problem and you can fortify the diffs by shimming them. I run mine 6s fulltime and generally bash rather hard, she's a BEAST!!!

I'd highly recommend getting GKA or HR chassis braces if you going to jump this beast. Rich is spot on with checking diff fluid after 10 packs. I put it of and cooked the center diff after around 12 pack running in the heat. Awesome rig :D

Outcast was delivered today Gentlemen. It seems massive, and the quality is many levels above the previous machines I have owned.
What a beautiful truck!!! I haven't even ran it yet, however, I can tell I will become a Arrma slut for life...... I'm clearly overwhelmed with excitement here.

You can run her bone stock if you choose. The stock pinion was small for my liking, replaced with Robinson Racing Extra Hard mod 1 #1216. Running Orange Teknos up front, yellow in back with 50/40 f/r weight oil. Use to run heavier, but broke too many suspension parts doing big airs with too stiff of a setup. Running 50/100/20k front to rear diff fluids and like it. Recommend checking your diff fluids within atleast the first 10 packs as they don't always come properly filled.

Rich, I ordered everything on this list that you recommended, however, it has not arrived as of now. I also have 2x 4s 5000's 50C & 1x 6s 5000 65C in the mail..... waiting on these as well. Once I receive the lipos, I'm going to give this a rip, but not exceed 10 runs before I check diff's.
I have GKA servo mount, should I install it right away? Even before the first run?
I'm a bit hesitant to work on the truck, just cause it looks so perfect!

Again, thanks for all the great info. thus far Gentlemen...... very much appreciate it!

You can run it without the servo mount without any problems but soon as it comes in, install it. Believe me, you will absolutely enjoy the Outcast. No way can you run it and not smile. Change all the bearings soon as possible also.

Outcast was delivered today Gentlemen. It seems massive, and the quality is many levels above the previous machines I have owned.
What a beautiful truck!!! I haven't even ran it yet, however, I can tell I will become a Arrma slut for life...... I'm clearly overwhelmed with excitement here.

Rich, I ordered everything on this list that you recommended, however, it has not arrived as of now. I also have 2x 4s 5000's 50C & 1x 6s 5000 65C in the mail..... waiting on these as well. Once I receive the lipos, I'm going to give this a rip, but not exceed 10 runs before I check diff's.
I have GKA servo mount, should I install it right away? Even before the first run?
I'm a bit hesitant to work on the truck, just cause it looks so perfect!

Again, thanks for all the great info. thus far Gentlemen...... very much appreciate it!
CONGRATS on your new BEAST!!! The stock plastic servo mount flexes like mad. Your more likely to strip out the stock servo with it IMHO than with the GKA mount. You'll have crisper servo function/steering with an aluminum mount in place. It's up to you when you do it.

You can run it without the servo mount without any problems but soon as it comes in, install it. Believe me, you will absolutely enjoy the Outcast. No way can you run it and not smile. Change all the bearings soon as possible also.

Oh, bearing too? Guess I will need to order in the morning...... thanks!
Any recommendations on brand?

CONGRATS on your new BEAST!!! The stock plastic servo mount flexes like mad. Your more likely to strip out the stock servo with it IMHO than with the GKA mount. You'll have crisper servo function/steering with an aluminum mount in place. It's up to you when you do it.

Lol....... as I was patiently waiting for a reply, I couldn't contain myself. I have the plastic mount removed, and installing the aluminum right now.
Almost done.

Oh, bearing too? Guess I will need to order in the morning...... thanks!
Any recommendations on brand?

Lol....... as I was patiently waiting for a reply, I couldn't contain myself. I have the plastic mount removed, and installing the aluminum right now.
Almost done.

Congrats on the new arrival!
Fast Eddy bearings are a good choice.

I've had my mine now for 3 weeks. Wow, what a fun and awesome learning curve. I run 2 3s batteries. I can reduce to a single 3s when needed.
I've replaced the front and back arms with RPM after destroying my stock parts.
I'm a huge fan of this beast, it's truly amazing.

I've had my mine now for 3 weeks. Wow, what a fun and awesome learning curve. I run 2 3s batteries. I can reduce to a single 3s when needed.
I've replaced the front and back arms with RPM after destroying my stock parts.
I'm a huge fan of this beast, it's truly amazing.
How's it run on 3S ?? I thinking of getting one for my young fella tame him down a bit !!

Gentlemen,
Here is what it looks like when a grown ass man goes from a Vaterra Glamis Uno and gets his first Arrma......... I turned into a 8 year old school girl with excitement / fear ... lol :facepalm:

That is a classic bro !!! Your managing to verbaliz
what every one thinks the first time they drive the Outcast or one of the Arrma line up !! :):D
I'm actually looking forward to you making more vids ha ! Holly smoke:p

Last edited:
That is a classic bro !!! Your managing to verbaliz
what every one thinks the first time they drive the Outcast or one of the Arrma line up !! :):D
I'm actually looking forward to you making more vids ha ! Holly smoke:p

Thanks Camo! Glad you liked it.
Lol..... Holly smoke, I need to watch the profanity, my 3 young children watch and mimic everything I do.
Including RC'ing!!
Anyway, I LOVE THIS EFFING TRUCK!!!

Thanks Camo! Glad you liked it.
Lol..... Holly smoke, I need to watch the profanity, my 3 young children watch and mimic everything I do.
Including RC'ing!!
Anyway, I LOVE THIS EFFING TRUCK!!!
Me to bro she's a cracker that's for sure and sooo addictive!!
You need to film your self punching out standing back flips I reckon you'll be squealing like that 8 year old schoolgirl u talk about :D cheers !!

Funny vid man.
The reactive narrating was hilarious. :nailbiting:
Like Camo said, it's the same feeling everyone has on their first run, I'm sure, just funny to hear it out loud, play by play like!:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back