Outcast New to me Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moondaddy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Vorteks
Hello! I recently purchased what I believe is a v2 Outcast from a coworker. Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as what's needed to upgrade to v5 parts compatibility?

outcast.jpg

I wouldn't upgrade anything until it breaks. most V5 should fit as far as i know
Once I got it home I found passenger side lower arm was broken. Picked up v5 exb front arms from my lhs (all they had) and seen it requires different shock mount pins and lower hinge pins.

Hello! I recently purchased what I believe is a v2 Outcast from a coworker. Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as what's needed to upgrade to v5 parts compatibility?

View attachment 357094
You can change out the roll over tower with no issues, the tower to tower brace can be added with the tower to tower blocks, pending on what version, the battery tray and radio box might be compatible, I've had to drill some holes in chassis to install, newer style battery tray has better straps holding the batteries, radio box is little bit larger also.thats about it other than exb parts, then your getting aluminum upgrades, stronger servo mount, aluminum chassis braces, thicker shock towers and shock standoffs, for starters

Got any more pics? From front & rear. Close up of ESC?

Got any more pics? From front & rear. Close up of ESC?
We might could further help ya identify the version &/or other stuff. It's got the backflips tires. Looks like the 6s ones, that's good.

Last edited:
Can take different/closer pics if needed.

IMG_20240326_170603402.jpg

IMG_20240326_170623364.jpg

IMG_20240326_170647063.jpg

Jenny's RC is your friend on this one, you'll save a ton over piece mealing it at your lhs
Lhs is for oops wanna replace an arm/driveshaft/diff and play more today. Plan on using Jenny's and other chop shops for any actual exb parts.

View attachment 357108

View attachment 357109

View attachment 357110

Lhs is for oops wanna replace an arm/driveshaft/diff and play more today. Plan on using Jenny's and other chop shops for any actual exb parts.
The exb parts are kinda hard to catch on there right now but you can have it notify you when they are back in stock. You just have to act fast. The noto parts on the other hand are probably in stock and would get you going again. Buy the plastics and hardware in addition to the arms and you'll have everything minus a chassis pretty much. I know the towers changed some too so you might look at getting them just in case.

Parts are pretty cheap on there to get it going at least til you can catch k6 exb parts

Attachments

• jennys noto.jpg
    jennys noto.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 18
Really appreciate the help everyone, starting to look like I can upgrade this to at least v5 and all in should have me under half the cost of a new K6!

View attachment 357108

View attachment 357109

View attachment 357110

Everything looks good. Drive cups look ok. Older V3/4 rear  wide shock tower. Older BLX ESC. Looks all original factory parts. If you go to a V5 rear tower you'll need V5 rear arms also. Shock mounts are in different position on arm w the V5. But nothing wrong with what you got. Replace as needed. Jennys is a go to.

Really appreciate the help everyone, starting to look like I can upgrade this to at least v5 and all in should have me under half the cost of a new K6!
Yeah the k6 is pricy for sure. You could snag the newer spektrum electronics if you got wild but i'd max6 combo it. I like aluminum hinge pin blocks and aluminum center braces as well on all of my builds. Revamped my first noto and finished a brand new one this week.

I'd get that center diff/motor mount too since it's sliding on the v4/newer and easier to set mesh (y)

Oh and ditch the deans, they will cause problems for you at these power levels.

Would a castle MM2/1515 combo be worth it? Have one in an erevo and another in a Traxxas rally, both collecting dust.

Would a castle MM2/1515 combo be worth it? Have one in an erevo and another in a Traxxas rally, both collecting dust.
It would be on the edge probably. you'd have to gear down some with a 2200kv motor too. says the esc is good to 15 pounds on castle's site. Or maybe make some adapters to go from 4 to 6.5mm and run the stock motor.

Yeah the k6 is pricy for sure. You could snag the newer spektrum electronics if you got wild but i'd max6 combo it. I like aluminum hinge pin blocks and aluminum center braces as well on all of my builds. Revamped my first noto and finished a brand new one this week.

I'd get that center diff/motor mount too since it's sliding on the v4/newer and easier to set mesh (y)

Oh and ditch the deans, they will cause problems for you at these power levels.
+1 all that. Especially the motor mount & deans

I'd pull the center diff, electronics/motor etc and give it a good scrub with some engine degreaser and a paint brush and hose it off. Then start from there, so you can see any other potential issues. Also If you are interested I have some v5 parts I pulled off mine id be willing to let go. I swapped over to the outcast exb parts myself, in particular the front bumper and center chassis supports.

ACT FAST IF YOU WANT THE EXB STUFF OUT OF THE NEW EBS. IT'S IN STOCK ON JENNYS. I bought a set of plastics, the arms, and steering bits but they have more still 🤣

Too late if you didn't snag them, plastics are OOS again

ACT FAST IF YOU WANT THE EXB STUFF OUT OF THE NEW EBS. IT'S IN STOCK ON JENNYS. I bought a set of plastics, the arms, and steering bits but they have more still 🤣

Too late if you didn't snag them, plastics are OOS again
Thanks for the heads up, moving a little slow past few days dealing with a house of sickness

Back