Outcast Thinking about buying an Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate my outcast...

I have taken it out 2 times, both times on 4s, and destroyed it.. Not even hard hits.

First time, hit a curb and 1/8th throttle and broke the front end.. (complete broke, shocks, a-arms, diff case, front bumper, drive shaft, knuckles)

2nd time took it out made a small jump and destroyed the rear diff case, rear diff case, shock tower).

I am fixing it up to sell it now.. my traxxas emaxx does bashing better..

Right now, my outcast, as the following

GKA front/rear braces
GKA steering servo brace
Hot Racing knuckles, all around
I really find this hard to believe. Considering you are running on 4s, at 1/8th throttle you would have been travelling at around 4-6mph. I have hit curbs with my Outcast on 6s at 75% throttle and it has bounced off of it, breaking nothing. And then you respond with " my traxxas emaxx does bashing better"... which I also find, very hard to believe.

I agree with the majority. The Outcast was my first Arrma vehicle. I have only taken it out a few times so far and after several tumbles and a direct front end hit to a tree the only thing I have to show for it is one wing screw stripped out and a few body scratches. I also have upgraded the springs to the Techno Orange and installed the Voltage Hobbies Servo mount. So far I am pleased with the construction and durability. I then just received Typhon which so far I am also pleased with. I own the 1/10 scale E-Revo which is pretty tough as well but I have needed to replace more parts on it.

I really find this hard to believe. Considering you are running on 4s, at 1/8th throttle you would have been travelling at around 4-6mph. I have hit curbs with my Outcast on 6s at 75% throttle and it has bounced off of it, breaking nothing. And then you respond with " my traxxas emaxx does bashing better"... which I also find, very hard to believe.
I agree, 4s 1/8 throttle shouldn't even scratch it. I have really thrashed on my outcast with 6s 16t pinion and wrecked HARD never had a major breakage. I broke my rear wing mount but I landed directly on it and it was about 10*f outside. I bent my front shock shafts, but again my fault with terrible landings. And I broke my stock bumper after running into things and nose dive landings over and over and over again. It has taken more than its fair share of abuse and held up surprisingly well.

Well then i got a lemon, and I need to take it back.. Again, I have never had issues with my EMaxx, or Yetis or other 8th Scale cars, I have even had Savagle XL, and no issues...

Well then i got a lemon, and I need to take it back.. Again, I have never had issues with my EMaxx, or Yetis or other 8th Scale cars, I have even had Savagle XL, and no issues...
I would swap for a new one if possible, your Outcast sounds like the exception, mine has been Kraton tough and endured major punishment from myself and my kids. Breakages have been minimal in more tepid climate anyway.

I would swap for a new one if possible, your Outcast sounds like the exception, mine has been Kraton tough and endured major punishment from myself and my kids. Breakages have been minimal in more tepid climate anyway.

Well I have upgraded some parts, so hopefully i wont have any more issues..

GKA chassis brace
GKA servo mount
Hot Racing front and rear caster blocks (or whatever they are called)
RPM wing mount
Tbone racing front bumper
Savox 1230SG Servo

30/100/30 diff fluids
50k shock oil

Waiting for GKA front/rear alum Diff housings (in dev right now)

Well, I did it, I ordered my Outcast today. Based on my experience with the Kraton and Talion and reading all the positive post from you guys. Except for sgerbitz, I don't think he actually has a Outcast or Kraton. What tells me that is, he says his Emaxx out performed his outcast. Not in a million years would that statement be true. The dude is a Traxxas lover and can't stand the fact that Arrma builds superior trucks.

Well, I did it, I ordered my Outcast today. Based on my experience with the Kraton and Talion and reading all the positive post from you guys. Except for sgerbitz, I don't think he actually has a Outcast or Kraton. What tells me that is, he says his Emaxx out performed his outcast. Not in a million years would that statement be true. The dude is a Traxxas lover and can't stand the fact that Arrma builds superior trucks.

Attachments

• 14877269215991932543022.jpg
    14877269215991932543022.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 1487726958762-705180269.jpg
    1487726958762-705180269.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 14877269958781420881614.jpg
    14877269958781420881614.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 79
Enjoy it!

I doubt he would advertise himself as having one if he didn't. Well, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt anyway. He could just have a lemon, it happens. Most people constantly break Neros, Thomas doesn't seem too though. Variation in a population is inevitable.

Getting off topic from post but Rich where do you find these places at! I think I need skydiver googles lol
I'm constantly looking around for terrain when I'm out driving somewhere. This spot is grown over now, across from Cirby Hills Mental Health off Cirby near Riverside in Roseville. I ask around about spots too, this one I just eyeballed and finally tried out.

Well, after 4 months of owning my Outcast, here is the list of broken parts. 1 servo, 1 rod end. That's it!! And we beat the crap out of it on 6s. Yes I upgraded all the bearings, shimmed and refilled diffs. Thank you guys for talking me into buying it.

That's awesome OF!!! She's a BEAST indeed. I still love mine, every outing is a new adventure. My broken list is much longer, but I've generally asked for it going fairly extreme with many bad landings and mishaps along the way. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum, and I'm also new to Arrma. I got into RC a few years ago; I'm deep into building and flying 3d heli's, however, soon as I tried a surface vehicle... I was hooked. Started off with a Redcat (Yuck), then bought my son a Ruckus, and then I bought myself a Vaterra Glamis Uno, which I loved for a good 3 years.......until I laid eyes on the outcast!!! To get to the point, Glamis is now sold, and my new Arrma Outcast will be here in a week or so:D. I also have a servo mount from Greg at GKA in the mail......
I'm seriously like a kid right now waiting and having a hard-time sleeping at night, as I wait for this beast of a truck. lol

Hello all,
I'm new to the forum, and I'm also new to Arrma. I got into RC a few years ago; I'm deep into building and flying 3d heli's, however, soon as I tried a surface vehicle... I was hooked. Started off with a Redcat (Yuck), then bought my son a Ruckus, and then I bought myself a Vaterra Glamis Uno, which I loved for a good 3 years.......until I laid eyes on the outcast!!! To get to the point, Glamis is now sold, and my new Arrma Outcast will be here in a week or so:D. I also have a servo mount from Greg at GKA in the mail......
I'm seriously like a kid right now waiting and having a hard-time sleeping at night, as I wait for this beast of a truck. lol
Welcome to the forum bud, the Outcast is a BEAST!!! Lots of solid help, experience, and upgrade info here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back