The Big Rock is Back! Big Rock 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that traditionally rc companies used to be more tolerant of imitation..instead of trying to stop one another from making it, they would change their design in some way to make it stand out from their competitors. Was a more friendly atmosphere back when.. what Traxxas has done is made it more of a business. More cut throat and aggressive. They put patents onto existing products simply because no one else had, and they could. It's business 101 unfortunately..TRX is very sharp in both business and advertising. They've forced the hobby into it's current state. If it weren't them, someone else would've done it for sure..it's human nature. I'm sad that some products have disappeared because of it too, but it is what it is, TRX is just using the system to their advantage.

I think that traditionally rc companies used to be more tolerant of imitation..instead of trying to stop one another from making it, they would change their design in some way to make it stand out from their competitors. Was a more friendly atmosphere back when.. what Traxxas has done is made it more of a business. More cut throat and aggresive. They put patents onto existing products simply because no one else had, and they could. It's business 101 unfortunately..TRX is very sharp in both business and advertising. They've forced the hobby into it's current state. If it weren't them, someone else would've done it for sure..it's human nature. I'm sad that some products have disappeared because of it too, but it is what it is, TRX is just using the system to their advantage.
And at the same time ..,,,you me,,and everyone in this hobby are all getting effected by it .

And at the same time ..,,,you me,,and everyone in this hobby are all getting effected by it .
No doubt..but what can we do? You and I can boycott, but the masses will still only know of Traxxas because it's in their faces everywhere they look..I mean Traxxas has spent more money advertising in more places in a year than the rest combined.. I'm not saying it's right, unfortunately our lawmakers have though..

HaHa!! Another thing that doesn't bother me in the least.. as if I'm gay for drinking Bud light? Please. I don't, cuz it tastes like water..but if I did, I wouldn't stop drinking it over a spokesperson. Just silly if ya ask me.
What if it started openly supporting terrorism? 🤣
I hear ya ...but some really take it seriously...I just think it's funny
Money speaks. I don't drink but budlight deserves the heat imo. Supporting an awful person with insane beliefs for political points of virtue signaling. Thats the lowest crap you can do as a bussiness. People don't want to be linked with that when they buy ur product. Heres an idea just do normal ads advertising ur product to ur majority demographic? Is that too hard?

No doubt..but what can we do? You and I can boycott, but the masses will still only know of Traxxas because it's in their faces everywhere they look..I mean Traxxas has spent more money advertising in more places in a year than the rest combined.. I'm not saying it's right, unfortunately our lawmakers have though..
I haven't bought any Traxx-ass RCs since 2015 .my one and only peice of Garbage nitro t maxx.my local hobby shop removed pretty much all of the Traxx-ass products.not because he wanted to but because hardly anyone was buying them..I believe the only thing he still has is the RC boats from traxx-ass.which I must say are ok .
What if it started openly supporting terrorism? 🤣

Money speaks. I don't drink but budlight deserves the heat imo. Supporting an awful person with insane beliefs for political points of virtue signaling. Thats the lowest crap you can do as a bussiness. People don't want to be linked with that when they buy ur product. Heres an idea just do normal ads advertising ur product to ur majority demographic? Is that too hard?
They thought following the trend or movement was going to help .pretty much like our crooked left government allowing our borders to stay open so in the future the left gets there votes lol.its all bs .again you and I all pay for it .

I haven't bought any Traxx-ass RCs since 2015 .my one and only peice of Garbage nitro t maxx.my local hobby shop removed pretty much all of the Traxx-ass products.not because he wanted to but because hardly anyone was buying them..I believe the only thing he still has is the RC boats from traxx-ass.which I must say are ok .
Yeah, I went in the opposite direction.. back in the 80's and 90's, you couldn't give me a TRX. Straight garbage. Anyone who was a "hobbyist" knew they were toys back then.. now I own 4 TRX rc's. Mind you, 2 were free, one was half priced, but they have come a long way in quality. Still never made a race quality kit though..then again, neither has Arrma.

My very first "hobby grade" car was a Bezgar HM101 from Amazon. Thing was a freaking tank. As I got deeper into the hobby and started looking at the more mainstream brands with better parts availability, it came down to Team Corally, Arrma, & Traxxas. Needless to say I ended up going with Arrma, and here I am 6 Arrma rigs later. I got a Corally Mammoth very early on, but the ESC caught fire and pretty much destroyed the truck. But something about Traxxas didn't just sit well with me, I can't quite put my finger on. Not to say that Traxxas is a bad company or their trucks are all horrible, but my gut told me to just go the other. In the end, I'm glad I picked the Arrma route. The support & activeness here on this Forum is amazing, the Traxxas forums are actually quite boring & mundane compared to AF 🍻

EDIT: I do have one Traxxas rig in my collection, the TRX4-M Defender, great little truck, drove it through mud and deep puddles and the thing just keeps going.

do you just not have any reading comprehension? it's literally no different than talking to a brick wall. It's like something is wrong with you, you literally mentioned me in this thread where I didn't mention you. 1 + 1 must not equal 2.
I think that English is their second language honestly. Just trying to keep the peace 😁😅
Anyone seen a BR6s vs K8s side-by-side?
K8S is much bigger. Once the LHS owner gets the BR6S I'll take someone comparison pics . He usually gets the new stuff very fast. I know for sure that my K8S is bigger than my K6SXL, which is a K6S with a Mojave chassis. And I believe the Mojave chassis is just as long as the BR6S.

20231022_174739.jpg

Last edited:
My very first "hobby grade" car was a Bezgar HM101 from Amazon. Thing was a freaking tank. As I got deeper into the hobby and started looking at the more mainstream brands with better parts availability, it came down to Team Corally, Arrma, & Traxxas. Needless to say I ended up going with Arrma, and here I am 6 Arrma rigs later. I got a Corally Mammoth very early on, but the ESC caught fire and pretty much destroyed the truck. But something about Traxxas didn't just sit well with me, I can't quite put my finger on. Not to say that Traxxas is a bad company or their trucks are all horrible, but my gut told me to just go the other. In the end, I'm glad I picked the Arrma route. The support & activeness here on this Forum is amazing, the Traxxas forums are actually quite boring & mundane compared to AF 🍻

EDIT: I do have one Traxxas rig in my collection, the TRX4-M Defender, great little truck, drove it through mud and deep puddles and the thing just keeps going.
I never chose a brand. I choose by model, basically whatever tickles my fancy. It's a double edge sword I suppose.. the likelihood of an rc company making the best example acrossed different platforms is highly unlikely. I've never seen it..
I like to spread the love.. Associated, Arrma, Corally, Losi, Redcat, Tekno, Thunder Tiger, Traxxas, Xray all in my garage. Hopefully more to follow. Hobao, HPI and others have definitely got some nice rigs too!🤔😁🤣

Last edited:
Has anyone found out what the difference between this chassis and the Fireteam chassis is?

I think the reason it’s being better received than the Fireteam is purely the body. As a grown man, I will play with toy cars. I’ll even play with toy cars with little dudes in them. But once you give the little toy dudes in the little toy car, little toy guns, it’s just a tad too nerdy for me.
I think it would have been hilarious if they had like rocket launchers or bazookas or something like that.
I guess its handbrake holes, ain't it?
There aren't holes in the chassis for the handbrake the handbrake mount is integrated into the rear front suspension mount.

ARA320732 is the p/n for the BR chassis according to Arrma-RC..
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/aluminum-chassis-xlwb-black/ARA320732.html
Coincidentally, it's only listed for the BR 6s?
Meanwhile over at JRC (and abroad on the net), ARA320732 is the p/n for the Mojave 6s blx🤷‍♂️
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...-black-aluminum-long-wheel-base-lwb-ara7604v2
Does this mean a new Mojo 6s is on the Horizon? Or just discontinued?🤔
They did a stealth update on the Mojave recently. We have a thread about it somewhere. I can't remember if it was in general choas or the 6s section.

Back