Kraton Tekno shocks on Kraton. I had no idea........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_7667.PNG
IMG_7667.PNG
IMG_7673.JPG
Thanks for all the info, mine came in today, watched a video on YouTube then downloaded instructions from Tekno. Took me an hour to build (first time building shocks). Love the quality and ease of building them. Can't wait to put them on and test them out.

I just going to look up how to build these. Mine came in yesterday, and the standoffs came today. Haven't built shocks in about two years, needed a refresher.

They're so easy to build, and only take about 20 mins to complete - give it a go! The full kit is available from Dollar Hobbyz for a sensible price.

Great set! Hardest prt about the entire thing is removing all the little casting burrs. If those weren't there, I could build and fill a set in under an hour while sipping on a cup of coffee

Attachments

• IMG_8086.JPG
    IMG_8086.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 86
Alright guys hope im not beating this issue to death but just a little confused I would like to get the Tekno shocks you all talked me into it.lol. considering the full option shocks but I see some references to the et48 shocks and some to the mt410. I believe these are two different trucks correct ones a truggy one's a monster truck if so do they both take the same shock. Also trying to figure out which cap and piston to go with. We'll be doing some jumping. What I do not want to happen the last vehicle I bought shocks for I did not know what I was buying and I simply bought and aluminum upgrade recommended for the truck. Did not know anything about fluid weights or piston hole size and although they were stiff I could not even fly across a bumpy yard without the truck flipping over. Took the aluminum shocks off through them in a toolbox and have never looked at them again. So if someone could give me a little insight on mt410 or et48 and caps Pistons thanks

There are several threads in the Kraton, Outcast, and Suspension forums where we discuss these shocks and out set ups. Search out Teckno Shocks and you'll find them. I wish it was all in one place for you, but here is a thread that discusses the rear end bouncing too much. Which would cause the car to flip, like you said.

https://arrmaforum.com/threads/rear-bounces-too-much.2769/

Houston Texas as a child, but have been in South Orange County, CA for the last 25 years. Laguna Niguel to narrow that down a bit. Why?

Ok. Just checking. I am from Michigan and years ago used to RC with Dan and Dave Price. Just seen if it was somebody I knew

Well both stock rear shocks on Kraton are bent. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or not but when I put all of the parts that big fella mentioned in my car through Tekno I'm quickly hitting the $300 mark. I was good with $180 but I don't think $300 is going to work. Now that is not including any of the tools just the two shock kits lock nuts bushings caps Springs not even including the silicone. Granted this is the full option kit but just curious if you guys bought directly from Tekno

Also the dollor hobby kits are sold out. I seen not everyone bought from teckno just curious about the guys with full option kits

Last edited:
i just open my shock sets I orders et48.3 and they sent front and rear nt48.3 from dollar hobbyz..I think they should be the same but not 100% sure. does anyone if there the same just labled for nitro truggy. I'm ganna call tomorrow jusy in case.

ET48 and NT48 shocks are the same parts. I had the same query.

It may be coincidence but I have not had a single breakage since installing the tekno shocks and going to mid range stiffness springs and oil. I've had my trucks take some nasty hits that I know would have grenaded many parts with the stock shocks. These tekno shocks are a true performance upgrade.

The more I run them the more I love them. Maybe it's not coincidence after all......

Thanks everyone. 83n your correct I checked all the part numbers and the nt kis are the same. I ordered the rears there were only 2 available. Unfortunately the fronts are sold out. If anyone runs across a set of ET or NT front shock kits please let me know thank you everyone

It may be coincidence but I have not had a single breakage since installing the tekno shocks and going to mid range stiffness springs and oil. I've had my trucks take some nasty hits that I know would have grenaded many parts with the stock shocks. These tekno shocks are a true performance upgrade.

The more I run them the more I love them. Maybe it's not coincidence after all......
Big fella are you trying to rub it in. LOL. Your post is what sold me on ordering the technos not just getting replacement arrma shocks. And I was going to go ahead and order full option and get exactly what you got. But when I started adding everything up in my Tekno cart it was at $300 and I hadn't even put the tools in yet. I have ordered the rears and hope fronts are in stock soon. Thanks for taking the time to let us know what a positive experience the tekno shocks are.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back