Kraton Tekno shocks on Kraton. I had no idea........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nath not rubbing it in, just super happy with the shocks.:)

You don't have to get the full option shocks. Sure, they are pimped out, but the regular Tekno shocks are awesome too. You are going to love them.

I think the full option shocks ended up costing $180 total for everything......not cheap that's for sure. I would feel great with regular Tekno shocks too (which are anything but regular). I ordered a Tekno MT410 and will be sticking with the shocks in the kit. Quality all the way.

Glad I could help you spend some money..........;)

Yeah $180 is a chunk of change but I was willing to pay it. You must of got a deal cause I put the part numbers you lited in my tekno cart without any of the tools you listed and it was $300. Glad I was able to get one of the dollor hobby kits. I hope like hell the fronts come back in stock soon. I guess I may have to order one of the arrma shafts for my front shock just so I can keep rolling. Still I am thoroughly amazed what these Kratons will take. Labor Day weekend we had 5 trucks bashing at the gravel pit I play at and I was only still rolling.

I bought the full option shocks on eBay. They were about $65 each for front and rear. Then about $50 for mounting hardware and pistons on the Tekno site. This did not include the tools, springs(already had), or shock oil.

The last set I just bought for my truggified Typhon, I sourced everything on eBay. Saved a few bucks......paid $160 total for whole set. Already had the team Durango red springs for it.

Yeah it is definitely amazing what these Arrma trucks can take. I had to work out the bugs but once you do that and start to understand the limits more, you can drive very confidently.

I got the extended, but both will work. I ordered the extended by accident, but have not noticed an issue.

^ What he said. I bought the standard ones because they were cheaper and they work fine.

^ What he said. I bought the standard ones because they were cheaper and they work fine.[/QUOTE
@83N like I said the other day I ordered the rear shocks from dollor Hobby 137mm. They emailed me they have the fronts in stock but only 1 set. My question is this. In big fellas original post he states 137 fits rear and 122 for the fronts. Both front and rear dollor hobby kits are 137mm. 83 can you confirm that that is what you got. Don't mean to be a pain just want to be certain. I could of swore when I looked before the fronts DH kits were 122. Thanks. Hopefully I can get the last set before they sell out again.

Anybody that bought the dollor hobby kits if you could let me know are the fronts the same 137 mm length as the rears. I never noticed it before but the full option kits are 137 rear and 122 front. Only dollor hobby kits I see are 137 front and back. I'm working out of town so I can't look to see how long the stock kraton shocks are. I'm not sure with the dollor hobby kits if there is any difference between front and rear except spring length.

Last edited:
I've not measured mine since building them but from a visual standpoint, the fronts definitely have different/shorter springs.

Anybody that bought the dollor hobby kits if you could let me know are the fronts the same 137 mm length as the rears. I never noticed it before but the full option kits are 137 rear and 122 front. Only dollor hobby kits I see are 137 front and back. I'm working out of town so I can't look to see how long the stock kraton shocks are. I'm not sure with the dollor hobby kits if there is any difference between front and rear except spring length.

I noticed the same thing on DH website both say 137. I ordered front and rear and they arrived and are correct. as long as it says front shock kit you'll be good. hope it helps

I noticed the same thing on DH website both say 137. I ordered front and rear and they arrived and are correct. as long as it says front shock kit you'll be good. hope it helps

So the fronts shafts are actually 122mm long, even though the DH site says they're 137mm?

ya I still have in bag shock shafts are roughly 8mm in difference so rear is 75mm and front is 67 just measured front shock body 55mm and rear is 63. over all length assembled should be 137mm and 12mm. seems like the measurement describing the length of shocks might be the total shock travel since its the same measurement of the shaft+shock body

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I just ordered the only set of fronts they had. Now maybe I can get this beast rolling. Gotta say though these bent shocks are the only thing that's ever broke on the kraton other than the stock pinion gears. I love this forum and really appreciate guys taking the time to log in even when their cars fine to help others.

Alright guys I was really hoping I wouldn't have to comment or ask for help on this thread again but I'm assembling these shocks and for the most part their easy but I am having trouble getting the rod ends on the shafts. Wish I had the shock pliers but anyway are these ends supposed to be threaded. Mine aren't. Or am I supposed to force them on somehow. I watching the video and he just pops them right on. I tried to force a little but no luck

They can be tough to get on without some shock pliers. Some guys use a towel to cushion a regular set of pliers to install the ends. The ends are not always the most pleasant thing to install. Even with shock pliers they can sometimes require a LOT force to get going. The initial install is the hardest because your actually creating the threads. Unfortunately, I think a set of shock pliers may be in your future.

You could try setting them in the sun to warm them up or VERY gently warming them with a heat gun or hairdryer. This may make them easier to thread.

Thanks fella I definitely appreciate the reply if anyone is interested I found an easier way to get the end started I took the 3mm shaft from the stock kraton shock and cut threads with that first

ET48 and NT48 shocks are the same parts. I had the same query.
@83N hey I was wondering in the Dollar Hobby kits mine came with black pistons and white. Is there a difference in the 2 and which ones should I have used. Thanks

The White pistons are made of Derlin. Those are supposed to be stronger, and since they are CNC cut and not molded, they offer less leakage. Also Derlin is self lubricating, at least I that is what I read somewhere. I thnk at this point, you are supposed to use what ever you already used, and next time you have to go into your shocks or break one, you have replacements already.

The White pistons are made of Derlin. Those are supposed to be stronger, and since they are CNC cut and not molded, they offer less leakage. Also Derlin is self lubricating, at least I that is what I read somewhere. I thnk at this point, you are supposed to use what ever you already used, and next time you have to go into your shocks or break one, you have replacements already.
Thank you dprice. I thought they might be the derlin but I wasn't sure. I thought they only came in full option kit. Thanks

Last edited:
That is what I thought too. I know the Derlin parts certainly came into play when I was contemplating buying the Teckno Shocks. With all the problems we were having with shock rods and rod ends, I wanted to bullet proof the suspension as much as possible. Seems to have worked.

That is what I thought too. I know the Derlin parts certainly came into play when I was contemplating buying the Teckno Shocks. With all the problems we were having with shock rods and rod ends, I wanted to bullet proof the suspension as much as possible. Seems to have worked.
That's good to hear. Finally got all 4 on and got to take it for a rip last night. Hopefully I'll be able to launch her a little later today. Looking for something to make a tower brace today and then it should be just waiting for backflips to come in stock. I appreciate all the tips from every one. If anyone has a problem holding the shock shaft without marring it up this might help. Tekno does make a nice $40 shock tool. I'm sure it's worth it but if your like me and you don't want to wait for the tool or spend the money I took a cheap pair of needle nose pliers and put a chainsaw file in a drill and made a nice groove. Worked perfectly. Make sure you hit it with Emery cloth to smooth it good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back