Stripped hex in wheel nut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmiC10R

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
Hey all,

Has anyone successfully removed the little hex in the wheel nut after it was stripped.

How did you do it.
Ive already ordered the parts to rebuild the front end but im curious if anyone has been successful.

Used a crest wrench to hold & act as heat shield ,then
1681143385163.png

Applied Lots of heat from a torch
1681143526551.png

To loosen it up enough for you to easily remove small hex.
It really does work. (I was nervous but with the wrench there protecting the other plastic bits ,made it less worrisome to put that much heat to the area..)

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/dumpster-fire-or-a-diamond-in-the-rough.58743/page-5#post-914825

Used a crest wrench to hold & act as heat shield ,then

Applied Lots of heat from a torch

To loosen it up enough for you to easily remove small hex.
It really does work. (I was nervous but with the wrench there protecting the other plastic bits ,made it less worrisome to put that much heat to the area..)

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/dumpster-fire-or-a-diamond-in-the-rough.58743/page-5#post-914825

Thanks. I tried with a lighter but that obviously wasn't too successful. Ill have to grab a torch.

Im also going to get the wheel nut covers i think.

Hey all,

Has anyone successfully removed the little hex in the wheel nut after it was stripped.

How did you do it.
Ive already ordered the parts to rebuild the front end but im curious if anyone has been successful.
If it is stripped beyond repair, I have taken the wheel off and banged the pin through the hex which will relieve the pressure from the screw and should be able to get the screw out with some heat as @Tex Koder mentioned.

If it is stripped beyond repair, I have taken the wheel off and banged the pin through the hex which will relieve the pressure from the screw and should be able to get the screw out with some heat as @Tex Koder mentioned.
Hmmm. Ok. I might give that a try too. I have to wait for parts to ship so Im not in a huge rush but it would be nice to salvage a few pieces.

Thanks guys for the responses. It's really nice to join a new forum and have so many active users trying to help.

Hmmm. Ok. I might give that a try too. I have to wait for parts to ship so Im not in a huge rush but it would be nice to salvage a few pieces.

Thanks guys for the responses. It's really nice to join a new forum and have so many active users trying to help.

This is truly The Best forum on the Net.
A hidden gem.

Lots of Very Experienced ,Positive & Active users base ,with Tons of knowledge from a variety of diverse industries.

Try what @Robbbbbb66 suggested.
Keep us posted.

Hey all,

How did you do it.

Man I am sorry...

I will watch this in my newbie years. I destroyed mine or replaced the parts.

A small torch is GREAT

We all love our MIP tools, but for ME...they are not the best when I have a little rocking in the hex...especially when it comes to those grub screws, motor mounts, and stuff that need so real torquing where the MIPs will turn in the hex.

I only use these for certain times...and have a little more meat on the head to fit SNUG....but they wear fast only use them at these times. MIP for daily usage but these are for the hard stuff....

Just me 🤷‍♂️
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CP2GGBI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back