PSA - You can "lock in" your hex hub pins with a set screw already in the drive shaft sleeve!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I_Am_Doug

Hold thy mead. I am on the cusp of making history.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
Nothing is worse than taking off a tire to only hear the "tick tick" and rolling sound of a hex hub pin making its great escape to the floor. I know this as I have had it happen to me more than I care to admit. Well, I am here today to tell you you can lock that little SOB in with a set screw already in the drive shaft sleeve.

Take a look at the attached pic for a better explanation. I am terrible at describing these things.
cant read comedy central GIF by Broad City

This may be common knowledge but, I sure as heck-fire didn't know about it so, I am posting to hopefully save some poor soul some groaning and another order with Amain. (Nothing against Amain, they are great. They just get enough of my money. LOL)

Fare thee well fellow bashers...

Image 2-12-24 at 2.19 PM.jpeg

Thanks! Mine were backed out from the factory. I didn’t even think that I could lock them down until I had to replace the missing barrels for the CVD pins and saw them. Never trust RTRs out of the box.

One of my grub screws was so tight out of the box that it stripped, even after applying heat with a soldering iron. Horizon sent me all new parts under warranty to replace all the parts on both front steering blocks.

It certainly seems like they have a surplus of loctite and a shortage of diff fluid.
One of my grub screws was so tight out of the box that it stripped, even after applying heat with a soldering iron. Horizon sent me all new parts under warranty to replace all the parts on both front steering blocks.

Back