Spur gear and Pinion gear on granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deceased

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
hello everyone! I need y'all guys HELP so I have a HR spur gear and it seems to be wore out and I was wondering if I need to replace it or it still got a lil bit more till it breaks. For the pinion gear unfortunate I have some bad bits that stripped the screw to the pinion gear is there a way to get it off? any tips to remove that stripped screw. TIA :)
IMG_6304.jpeg
IMG_6303.jpeg

IMG_6305.jpeg

IMG_6302.jpeg

Hey there.

That spur gear is trashed. The pitch point is non-existent. Either buy another HR unit or go with OEM.

As for the stripped set (grub) screw:

Are you using a high-quality hex driver? If not, you should invest in a set. MIP makes nice ones.

Apply direct heat to the screw, insert driver, and slowly unscrew it. Do not make jerky movements. If that doesn’t work, you can use a Dremel with part-off wheel to make a slot at the top of the screw, apply direct heat, and use a flathead driver to remove it. Replace the pinion gear, obviously, with a Tekno or RRP unit.

In my professional opinion, your backlash wasn’t set tight enough.

Hey there.

That spur gear is trashed. The pitch point is non-existent. Either buy another HR unit or go with OEM.

As for the stripped set (grub) screw:

Are you using a high-quality hex driver? If not, you should invest in a set. MIP makes nice ones.

Apply direct heat to the screw, insert driver, and slowly unscrew it. Do not make jerky movements. If that doesn’t work, you can use a Dremel with part-off wheel to make a slot at the top of the screw, apply direct heat, and use a flathead driver to remove it. Replace the pinion gear, obviously, with a Tekno or RRP unit.

In my professional opinion, your backlash wasn’t set tight enough.
Thank you so much for this. I had a TROX bit and I used it and it seem to get that strip screw thankfully. Also that spur gear i guess I will def replace it thanks I really appreciate it:)

Back