Pinion gear recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been looking for quite some time now, but have been unable to find anything that would indicate a 'hardened' steel spur, just ones such as the above photo suggests. 'Medium' carbon steel. I'm getting tired of looking without any positive results. Does one even exist? 57T Mod 0.8 for the centre diff on the Kraton 4s V2.5.

I have been looking for quite some time now, but have been unable to find anything that would indicate a 'hardened' steel spur, just ones such as the above photo suggests. 'Medium' carbon steel. I'm getting tired of looking without any positive results. Does one even exist? 57T Mod 0.8 for the centre diff on the Kraton 4s V2.5.
It may not. Run that one and see how it goes.

There is nothing safer about D-Safe gears. The in inside has a flat spot to match the flat spot on the motor shaft. That way if your grub screw comes lose the pinion stays on. Which give you enough time to loose the grub screw completely.

Just match the motor shaft size to the gear bore. Make sure you use thread lock on the grub screw.

If you can find a hardened steel spur gear it will wear less than a medium steel one. If you can't then run with it.
I ordered the above combination last night. The one from AMain should arrive sometime within the next week or so. The one from China, I hope arrives before Christmas.

Back