Spectrum DX3 radio transmitter strange problem issue with musical sound tone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliasAngelAlias

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
Spectrum DX3 transmitter strange problem issue with musical sound tone.

This is happening more often than I like. After turning on the radio transmitter, and then turn on the RC's receiver. This "Stranger Thing" musical tone happens with the transmitter. The four green lights would run up and down on the side panel. Not many people have encounter this issue but I am starting to see the Kraton 8S EXB RTR and the Kraton 6S EXB RTR is happening as of recently. Also you would even lose control and the RC truck would go reverse throttle for no reason. It is certainly a scary feeling to see your RC took off for no reason.

Anybody know what's happening here?

Yes, these are all facts in that occasion:
* Fully charged LiPo
* New batteries in Radio transmitter
* Receiver and transmitter is around 2-3 feet away.
* Happens indoor and outdoor before
* No damage
* No water leaks in
* Weather condition are normal and fair

Unfortunately, I do not know how to upload videos to share with you all.

20240115-111632-HDR.jpg

I would start by performing a factory reset and upgrade firmware to the latest if there is any available.
I have the programmer box. Step one updated the programmer box to the latest firmware - done. Second, see if there's any new new firmware for the ESC, not at this time - done. This is such an odd situation. I feel like only 1% of the RC community has known about this problem.
You can upload the video to Youtube then link it here.
That's a great idea. I will try that method once I get home from work. Thank you!

Here's the video of this strange phenomenon.

View attachment 343307
I feel it's worth doing this on the Transmitter side. And doing a true factory reset on the ESC side as well. May make no difference but things go wonky sometimes.

Oh, this trick, I totally did that twice. After a run session; tomorrow it goes back to this crazy Stranger Things musical tone again.

Oh, this trick, I totally did that twice. After a run session; tomorrow it goes back to this crazy Stranger Things musical tone again.
Someone else just posted this same issue on Bookface. I have never in my life seen anything like it.

Wow, "Stranger Things" for sure. Now I see.
Possible that the F/W can Drift on its own out of nowhere. The eeprom lets go of memory. Possibly reset the Radio. Rebind everything as well. With ESC reset to default. Then a Thr. EPA calibration. Need to rule out components one by one by process of elimination.

Wow, "Stranger Things" for sure. Now I see.
Possible that the F/W can Drift on its own out of nowhere. The eeprom lets go of memory. Possibly reset the Radio. Rebind everything as well. With ESC reset to default. Then a Thr. EPA calibration. Need to rule out components one by one by process of elimination.
You are right, need to rule out component one by one when I have free time. It is such a pain in the butt when this is a brand new. sigh

Yeah when its a new ESC, it really burns you out wondering of it is you or the ESC is simply DOA. Been there.

You are right, need to rule out component one by one when I have free time. It is such a pain in the butt when this is a brand new. sigh
Have you contacted HH about it yet? Once you do figure out what the issue is they will replace whatever is faulty for free. Things like this is exactly what the 2 year warranty is for. I should have saved a link to the post on Facebook for you to show that others have this issue as well.

Have you contacted HH about it yet? Once you do figure out what the issue is they will replace whatever is faulty for free. Things like this is exactly what the 2 year warranty is for. I should have saved a link to the post on Facebook for you to show that others have this issue as well.
Just reached out to HH and got a placement DX3 with receiver.
Will have to find time to do this later tho. That's good customer service.

Does the manual say anything?

Spektrum has no clue about their stuff. No one cares. There is no fixing the broken stuff anyway. Just throw away stuff. ALL RC electrics are this way for the most part. They will just send you another thankfully on the 2 year warranty. QC is off obviously. Because if these were actually checked during manufacturing, the defective ones would have been rejected and pulled. Common sense dictates.

Spektrum has no clue about their stuff. No one cares. There is no fixing the broken stuff anyway. Just throw away stuff. ALL RC electrics are this way for the most part. They will just send you another thankfully on the 2 year warranty. QC is off obviously. Because if these were actually checked during manufacturing, the defective ones would have been rejected and pulled. Common sense dictates.

The sad thing is that all ARRMA and Spectrum stuff are all made in China with very low wages and poor quality control.

Another bad part is, when your $700 or $1000 takes off for no apparent reason and hit a wall. They replace a $70 transmitter and receiver, you're left with a very expensive repair cost from uncontrollable vehicle. :cautious:

Tell me about it. Lost signal out of no where with some RTR radios. Failsafe Fails. Been there. SLT3 was notorious.:ROFLMAO:

So I just unboxed my new Kraton and had the EXACT same issue. It only happened when I had the car in my hand when turning on after the 6 beeps. If I would have it on the ground then it wouldn't happen. Maybe it has to do with feeling resistance with the motor or servo?

So I just unboxed my new Kraton and had the EXACT same issue. It only happened when I had the car in my hand when turning on after the 6 beeps. If I would have it on the ground then it wouldn't happen. Maybe it has to do with feeling resistance with the motor or servo?
Please report in back to us, if this happens again on another, different occasion.
My friend had this happen when he placed his Kraton 6S on the display counter inside the hobby shop. I have a feeling that the receiver and transmitter are way too close together that the disconnection (music tone) happens. By looking at the instruction... that's the only assumption that I can think of.

411296865_382262424169676_631029074022805499_n.jpg

Back