Senton Senton 6s vs Mojave 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
I've been seeing a lot more on the Senton 6s. Here & on YouTube vids, etc. Lots of folks are getting one & rebuilding one. Seems very popular & has been noted as a favorite.
What's the basic difference between the Senton 6s & Mojave 6s? I'm sure the ESC & motor as well as the transmitter & receiver. What's the differences in the chassis, A-arms, shocks & otherwise?

I've been seeing a lot more on the Senton 6s. Here & on YouTube vids, etc. Lots of folks are getting one & rebuilding one. Seems very popular & has been noted as a favorite.
What's the basic difference between the Senton 6s & Mojave 6s? I'm sure the ESC & motor as well as the transmitter & receiver. What's the differences in the chassis, A-arms, shocks & otherwise?
Not so much the ESC and motor, but the size difference. It's so much 'smarter' to have a 1/10th scale with 8th scale drivetrain. SCT Short arms don’t break NEAR as easily. The body mounts are different. Lighter for the S6. Bumpers of the S6 are lighter as well. It is the superior SCT. Much easier on stock, or 1/8th scale electronics. The M6 is also beloved because it's weight shifts around, creating all that realistic body roll. But the S6 can do that to. The deal with the S6 is, it's smaller, lighter, easier on components, and discontinued lol. People tend to appreciate stuff from the past. They don't quite know how good something is until it's gone. Same with our lives. We don't appreciate one another in the moment (near as much) until we lose each other. We take everything and everyone for granted until it's gone. Human beings are strange.

So the Senton 6s chassis is a different style like the Talion is different from say a Kraton? Same but different?

So the Senton 6s chassis is a different style like the Talion is different from say a Kraton? Same but different?
No, I think the Talion and Kraton are more similar in dimensions than the Mojave and Senton 6s. The Senton 6s is essentially the size of a Typhon 6s, which is much smaller than any of the Kraton, Mojave or Talion. Mojave being the longest by about an inch and a half..

Compared to v5 typhon, the dated Senton RTR chassis is weak in comparison without the improved stamped rear beads. Check out some of the custom 6S senton builds. Having a T2T brace helps, but still nowhere near this tough with alloy front/rear braces.

The nice thing is you can still buy the stock arms/drive shafts/bumpers/guards or you can buy one of mine 😂 I have one on belted 2.8 badlands and one on buggy badlands

Biggest/most obvious difference to me has always been size. You get 6S power in a smaller package, which definitely has it's advantages, as many others have already stated. I've always wanted to get my hands on a Senton 6S, I think they're super cool & extremely durable. If you have the opportunity to snag one for a good price, I'd tell you to go for it. They're little tanks for sure.

Compared to v5 typhon, the dated Senton RTR chassis is weak in comparison without the improved stamped rear beads. Check out some of the custom 6S senton builds. Having a T2T brace helps, but still nowhere near this tough with alloy front/rear braces.
Dang dude! Awesome!

Thanks for all the replies. Great info! I've got a new, bare Talion EXB chassis I've had for a while. Got so many spare 6s parts, I could just about build another RC. Could build a Talion. Just trying to figure out a cool build with it.

You have a good foundation in creating the 2nd Alloy chassis 1/8 scale short course truck ever 😂 .
Which is best IYO? Mojo 6s? Just curious. I always wanted to turn my K6 into an SCT, I know the Tali is a better starting point, but I already had a K6. In the end I've settled on a Mojo armed K6 chassis with truggy race tires. Still sports a K6 body, but it's what's inside that gets it for me. So I'm digging it currently.

Biggest/most obvious difference to me has always been size. You get 6S power in a smaller package, which definitely has it's advantages, as many others have already stated. I've always wanted to get my hands on a Senton 6S, I think they're super cool & extremely durable. If you have the opportunity to snag one for a good price, I'd tell you to go for it. They're little tanks for sure.
Me personally? No way. Imo youd be better off building one from a V5 Typhon, or Typhon parts (like I did) then working around the slightly wider control arms. Setting the body higher, and dremeling the rear hubs to accept the SCT wheels/tires. That way, you have a more modern rig with more easily accessible parts. Arms and CVD's.

Which is best IYO? Mojo 6s? Just curious. I always wanted to turn my K6 into an SCT, I know the Tali is a better starting point, but I already had a K6. In the end I've settled on a Mojo armed K6 chassis with truggy race tires. Still sports a K6 body, but it's what's inside that gets it for me. So I'm digging it currently.
To better fit a 1/8th SCT body, you'd be better off with Typhon arms/CVD driveshafts. I believe Hoboa has a worthwhile niche body for that.

Me personally? No way. Imo youd be better off building one from a V5 Typhon
Yes, the Senton 6s arms are still available. Run them while they are and the body would fit nicely.
dremeling the rear hubs to accept the SCT wheels/tires.
That’s just not necessary at all.
That way, you have a more modern rig with more easily accessible parts. Arms and CVD's.
CVD’s are great, but not as necessary with the shorter Senton shafts/arms.
To better fit a 1/8th SCT body, you'd be better off with Typhon arms/CVD driveshafts. I believe Hoboa has a worthwhile niche body for that.
Not sure why you’d think that. We’re talking Senton 6s body here, right? If you go Typhon arms you’ll be hacking up that Senton body to get the clearance while having to mount it really high. And it would still rub on landings or hard compression.

Depends on short track or long track along with lane width, all 3 SCTs have their place. 👍🏼 As far as scale, the wheelbase of the Kraton Talion is closest to 1/8 truck wheelbase.

Technically the senton 6s has 330mm 1/10 SCT size. Scale with buggies and SCT are different thanks to Trashass and the slash.

Last edited:
Back