Kraton 8s vs 6s opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiba.k9

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
So I'm curious for those who have driven the 8s and 6s kraton what is the real difference between the 2 besides the obvious is the 8s that much better to spend 1000 dollars to get one or would I be disappointed in it vs my 6s exb v2

Your 6S Kraton EXB V2 is faster, more nimble, and more durable. The 8S Kraton is bigger.

That about sums it up.
Nailed it lol. Oh yea, the K8 is a royal PITA to carry back if it hits LVC at a significant distance away from you. Better start eating your Wheaties.

The big truck has that cool factor and will go across bigger terrain easier, but overall the 6s model can run circles around it.
You need a very large area to run the large trucks. Some people love the big RC trucks, but I didn't care for it myself.

If you like high speeds, big air, and flips the 6s model is the ideal choice. It is hard to beat the K6s

So what your saying is if I want another and love my k6 a k8 would kinda be underwhelming I'm also debating building a outcast or noto maybe a Mojave or just buying a k8 for my next one

You're going to get more love for the Kraton 6s asking that question here. I'm probably one of the only people on the forums who will choose the kraton 8s over the kraton 6s. From my POV the only things the kraton 6s does better is be lighter and easier to work on since it's smaller.

Kraton 8s more fun, kraton 8s also easier to land if you like to send your rigs in the air at all. On paper the k6s is more durable but as someone who has bashed both at a bmx spot that k6s pro is negated by the fact that you have to be a much better driver to land the smaller rig consistently. I send the k8s and it doesn't even need air correction 9 times out of 10 which means it's much easier to land and less likely to have a bad landing in the first place.

I see no one ever bringing this up besides me and I'm going to assume it's because majority of people haven't had experience bashing both. I'm also lazy af and live on the 3rd floor of apt complex and I still would rather carry the heavy wh*re over the k6s because the thrill and excitement is that much better. K8s makes the 6s feel like a toy.

If you're brand new I'd start with the 6s tho

I send the k8s and it doesn't even need air correction 9 times out of 10 which means it's much easier to land and less likely to have a bad landing in the first place.
That's a good point. The big Kraton is definitely easier to land properly as long as you get decent air.

You're going to get more love for the Kraton 6s asking that question here. I'm probably one of the only people on the forums who will choose the kraton 8s over the kraton 6s. From my POV the only things the kraton 6s does better is be lighter and easier to work on since it's smaller.

Kraton 8s more fun, kraton 8s also easier to land if you like to send your rigs in the air at all. On paper the k6s is more durable but as someone who has bashed both at a bmx spot that k6s pro is negated by the fact that you have to be a much better driver to land the smaller rig consistently. I send the k8s and it doesn't even need air correction 9 times out of 10 which means it's much easier to land and less likely to have a bad landing in the first place.

I see no one ever bringing this up besides me and I'm going to assume it's because majority of people haven't had experience bashing both. I'm also lazy af and live on the 3rd floor of apt complex and I still would rather carry the heavy wh*re over the k6s because the thrill and excitement is that much better. K8s makes the 6s feel like a toy.

I have a k6 exb v2 just looking for the next rig

I have a k6 exb v2 just looking for the next rig
Consider a Corally vehicle. The Muraco is like a Talion, and Corally has several different buggy vehicles. I have two of the buggy types (a Radix6 and an Asuga) and a Muraco (truggy). The new Corally Kagama (think Kraton) is billed as the most durable monster truck available and is receiving good reviews. While most Corallys are 1/8 scale, the Asuga is larger 1/7 scale buggy that use parts that are 70% compatible with other Corally vehicles.

Consider a Corally vehicle. The Muraco is like a Talion, and Corally has several different buggy vehicles. I have two of the buggy types (a Radix6 and an Asuga) and a Muraco (truggy). The new Corally Kagama (think Kraton) is billed as the most durable monster truck available and is receiving good reviews. While most Corallys are 1/8 scale, the Asuga is larger 1/7 scale buggy that use parts that are 70% compatible with other Corally vehicles.
I was looking in to a red cat machete 1/6 and I don't know I just like my arrma if I could find a cheep xrt roller I'd love it but that much money for plastic bothers me or do the option of just build one ground up because why not

Nailed it lol. Oh yea, the K8 is a royal PITA to carry back if it hits LVC at a significant distance away from you. Better start eating your Wheaties.
Funny you say this

I have the Losi DBXL-E 2.0, and it is heavy getting out of the house. I wondered if I hit LVC in the field, what do I do? Seriously, can I get a dog chain and pull it back to the car? I have no dog, but what I was thinking, if it would pull nicely.

Funny you say this

I have the Losi DBXL-E 2.0, and it is heavy getting out of the house. I wondered if I hit LVC in the field, what do I do? Seriously, can I get a dog chain and pull it back to the car? I have no dog, but what I was thinking, if it would pull nicely.
That's actually not a bad idea 🤔 🤣

Funny you say this

The DBXL’s wing mount makes for a pretty good handle, but that thing is a bear to carry.

Here’s the answer to your question

Funny you say this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095NSJBRN?

works great

The DBXL’s wing mount makes for a pretty good handle, but that thing is a bear to carry.

Here’s the answer to your question
didn't see this before I posted but it sure looks nice. Expensive for what it is but nice!

So what your saying is if I want another and love my k6 a k8 would kinda be underwhelming I'm also debating building a outcast or noto maybe a Mojave or just buying a k8 for my next one
You cover a lot of ground with a K6 and Mojave. Same lipos, very different handling. If something breaks down on one you just switch to the other using the same lipos.

K8 lands so easy. Very valid point.

Only thing the K6 and K8 have in common is looks. Totally different driving experience. When you get a K8 it makes sense to look what other next 1:5 you also want as you are getting the 4s lipos. You need at least two sets to have some driving time. And you need decent charging equipment to keep charging times down. Otherwise there is no spontaneous driving as you are going to take the K6 along anyway and need to charge those lipos too. So going 8s from 6s probably means you need new charging equipment aswell on top of the lipos.

The biggest issue for me is budget for bashing.
If I land the K6s poorly and break some parts the cost is 1/2 that of the 1:5 rig.

A set of proline 1/5 tires for the XMAXX 8s was $160.00
Just seemed like too much for a high wear item like tires, but to each their own right?! I drop 170.00 on TP4070 CM motors all the time and high end batteries cost around that much each pack for speed run uses.

Last edited:
The biggest issue for me is budget for bashing.
If I land the K6s poorly and break some parts the cost is 1/2 that of the 1:5 rig.

A set of proline 1/5 tires for the XMAXX 8s was $160.00
Just seemed like too much for a high wear item like tires, but to each their own right?! I drop 170.00 on TP4070 CM motors all the time and high end batteries cost around that much each pack for speed run uses.
hehe mx43 the best tire in the world but they cost 200$ and last forever. I bought 4 sets of 4 mx43 because they're so awesome. It's basically a 1 time payment for me so far. I've never had to replace a tire, they don't need to be glued and I don't need to worry about them ever. Tires so amazing I literally want a set for each rig :ROFLMAO:

I'd go so far as to say this is a pro for the 8s rigs vs 6s. Maybe not for most but for someone like me who overpower everything I have to worry about tires exploding on 6s rigs. Backflip 6s have held up pretty well but I do have to glue them sometimes. Literally never have to touch mx43 after you install them. They even laugh at 12s.

You'd also be surprised about the price for parts between the rigs. Take jenny's for example, shocks are the same price, 8s diffs are cheaper than new kraton exb v2 diffs. Even things like bellcranks/shock towers are cheaper on 8s rigs. Somethings are more expensive like the chassis for example but they definitely trade blows on pricing.

hehe mx43 the best tire in the world but they cost 200$ and last forever. I bought 4 sets of 4 mx43 because they're so awesome. It's basically a 1 time payment for me so far. I've never had to replace a tire, they don't need to be glued and I don't need to worry about them ever. Tires so amazing I literally want a set for each rig :ROFLMAO:

I'd go so far as to say this is a pro for the 8s rigs vs 6s. Maybe not for most but for someone like me who overpower everything I have to worry about tires exploding on 6s rigs. Backflip 6s have held up pretty well but I do have to glue them sometimes. Literally never have to touch mx43 after you install them. They even laugh at 12s.

You'd also be surprised about the price for parts between the rigs. Take jenny's for example, shocks are the same price, 8s diffs are cheaper than new kraton exb v2 diffs. Even things like bellcranks/shock towers are cheaper on 8s rigs. Somethings are more expensive like the chassis for example but they definitely trade blows on pricing.

Look at that inflation. When I bought them they were 160-170 4 years ago :LOL:
I bet they do last well based on how solid they felt.

Everything in this hobby comes with bias for what you personally like. I dump stupid money into speed related stuff, which may not appeal to another person in the hobby. At the end of the day you have to choose what you like and take everyone's opinions for what they are.

Back